What to do when a creepy guy approaches?

Hey guys,
So I've been a situation a few times when a sort of creepy guy approaches me, it makes me uncomfortable and I'm not sure how to react...
Like today on the train I was just sitting with headphones on, going through my homework and an older guy maybe 40-50 something asked me when the train leaves and I told him, and he asked me if I was okay or needed help. This confused me a bit but was all smiles and said no thanks. Then he asked where I'm headed and where I live, so to dodge the question I just said I'm visiting family. Then he sat across from me and asked if i would have coffee with him, and I was kind of like "ummm". He asked if I have a bf and I lied yes and then he said "well why don't we be friends then? Give me a chance. " I didn't quite know how to respond and said "I don't really know you.. This is kind of uncomfortable for me." And he said ok sweety and left. Then returned to ask what city the train stops in, and then came back a third time asking if I was mad at him. I said no and he tried to shake my hand and I left him hanging..
What do I do in a situation like this? He wasn't doing something wrong really, and this sounds terrible but he looked scary.. I felt really uncomfortable the whole time.. . But then I started thinking, why did he think I was mad? Did I react like a b*tch? Or was it ok?
Girls what would you do?
Guys do you think I was mean? Has this happened to you?
Thank you!!!

317

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you weren't being a bitch. He was looking for reasons to keep coming up and talking to you.

That situation gave me the creeps just reading about it. No matter a man's age, he needs to tread carefully in those types of scenarios in order to not cross any lines. But particularly when a man is old enough to your father! It shocks me when those guys try at all to be honest (but I understand some are into that kind of thing so I'm always polite), but particularly when I'm not biting after the first couple questions. I just want to give them the eye and ask, "What would you do if a man your age kept bothering your daughter like this?"