He SUCKS at texting... but sends mixed messages. Does he possibly like me?

Cyn756
My guy friend is TERRIBLE at texting. he can sometimes take days to reply when I ask to hang out. This is sending mixed messages to me cause he does really big, thoughtful gestures and sometimes stares and me lovingly to the point where i have to get him to snap out of it and listen to me.

Here is an example of a gesture:

he surprised me with tickets to see a famous person (on SNL) do a comedy show. he also gave me three books wrapped really nicely. he asked that I open it in front of him so that he could explain each one. as I opened it, he walked me through how each book symbolized something significant to who I am as a person and our particular friendship. He was so excited walking me through each one! his face lit up as he explained how long it took him to find each book, why he chose it, how conversations we've had inspired it, etc.

Now, books are neutral gifts in and of themselves - I know. but guys and girls, am I crazy so think that there is something super, super thoughtful, borderline non-platonic, about all of this? just the amount of thought and planning and how excited he was.

See what I mean by mixed signals? he's super thoughtful, yet SUCKS at texting - which makes me feel like i'm not important to him.

What do y'all think?
3
1