My crush doesn’t react much to me when I initiate but then initiates himself occasionally what does it mean?

Basically, I have a crush (male) who seems to do all the things like showing up where I am, glancing at me here and speaking well about me to others (not to me directly though) but whenever I try and initiate a conversation it dries out and he doesn’t seem to keep it going but then he occasionally comes up himself to start up a conversation. Note that he’s an introvert, but I just tend to get a lot of mixed signals. Sometimes he randomly comes over to make me smile/laugh and that’s it (he just leaves) but when I start a conversation it just doesn’t go anywhere. What does this mean?

Post Opinion