Do you think 3 days a week exercising is good enough to tone yourself and burn some pounds and build muscle?

I started working out again and I found a workout plan that only consists of 3 days a week for my age mainly using dumbbells, the plan says I will be pretty much where I want to be in 56 days , it’s saying rest is important as well. Part of me wants to do 4 days a week but I feel like maybe I am pushing it if I do 4 ? Any suggestions? Also on my rest days I am still somewhat staying active Mainly walking , I or working around my yard cutting grass and chopping branches down since it’s summer time I also have a very nice trail by me , that I been going to to walk for about an hour or so. Do you think that’s enough or should I add on an extra day of working out?
Post Opinion