Hey did you know, there is War on Christmas, and the Commander in Chief is leading the battle of a War on Words..

legalboxers

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-people-saying-merry-christmas-214223949.html President Donald Trump saved America’s right to speak the words “Merry Christmas.”

HO-HO-HO...
So today is Christmas, and not to sound like John Lennon - What have you done, another year over....

but I digress. There is a War On Christmas if you didn't know. People wishing everyone a "Happy Holidays" not "Merry Christmas..

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holiday
a day on which one is exempt from work specifically : a day marked by a general suspension of work in commemoration of an event

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/holiday

In American English, a holiday is a single day or group of days when people do not work, often to commemorate an important event.

As per custom.. the season begins on Thanksgiving. A HOLIDAY. Where people are OFF FROM WORK. To GATHER WITH FAMILY From November 28 to December 25 is a total of 3 weeks and 5 days, a total of 26 days, PLUS another 7 days for New Years Eve / New Years Day.

In regards to Thanksgiving, people take a HOLIDAY normally from the November 28 to December 1st for this calendar year to be with FAMILY.

Today being Christmas, is a Holiday. People are OFF from WORK to GATHER WITH FAMILY. Sometimes until the 30th depending and if allowed.

Now we do forget one detail. We got Hanukkah

And we got Kwanzaa

So "IF" you see someone walking on the street.. And you dont know who or what religion they follow..

You will walk up to them and wish them "Merry Christmas" when its not their holiday (I know some would....)

To those who want it.. MERRY Christmas...

To those who dont.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1
5

Most Helpful Girl

• Moonchild714
    I don't know you I say Happy Holidays, it's nit my place to shove my Faith down someone's throat. My Jewish friends I wish and Hanukkah with them, my Black friends I wish them Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Hanukkah, my Christian friends/family I say Merry Christmas and I also wish all my Family and Friends a Happy New Year.

It's really not diffucult to know when to say Happy Holidays or something more specific. It's people's Prejudices that make them want to shove their Faith and Beliefs down someone's throat, those people Hate when They are Forced to Swallow Shit... When you give an inappropriate Holiday Greeting it's Shit tobthe person on the Receiving end, it shows you Don't Care!!!
    Is this still revelant?
    • Well aren't you good at taking the moral high ground

• @razzamatazzp01, It's called being courteous to my fellow Human Being!!!

• Thank you for MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• pizzalovershouse
    What every works if said politely to any one
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

04
  • pajamasam
    So your mad that people use a slightly less powerful word?

Puck your battles man, like why do catholic priests rape little boys? Seems like a much bigger problem to tackle than an imaginary "war" on Christmas which really just boils down to word choice.
    • Person 1: *says something about christmas*
      Person 2: YEAH BUT CATHOLIC PRIESTS RAPE LITTLE BOYS

Person 1: hey I like vegetables
      Person 2: yeah but DID U KNOW PRIESTS RAPE BOYS?

• DiscomfortZone
    Holiday, originates from holy day... So it pretty much covers everything.
    Happy holidays!
  • alvincasey
    What holiday do Chinese people celebrate?
  • funkit46
    Merry Christmas to you all..

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!