Black Friday 2018: If You're Going to Shop Online or In-Store, Here's What You Should Know

It's officially the Holiday Shopping season. Stores and online retailers are competing to earn your hard earned dollar. Walmart and Amazon look to retain their titles as the champions of American Holiday shopping. While Target, Ebay, Best Buy, JCPenney, Kohls, and others are also looking for a piece of the Holiday Shopping pie. This year some retailers are depending on this Holiday Season to stay in business, more importantly, Sears and Kmart (which I've already discussed). So, before you hunt for those deals, here are some things to know.

1. If you're gonna shop in stores, don't just focus on one.

You might be tempted to buy the Xbox One 1TB Minecraft bundle at Target with the $20 Gift card Bonus going for $199. However, while this deal sounds awesome other stores offer it for the same price. But they also usually offer higher gift card bonuses. Kohl's will be an example. You get the same Xbox One Bundle, but with a $60 gift card!

Target's Deal
Target's Deal
Kohl's deal
Kohl's deal

Read the ads and do online research of all the stores before you decide where to go.

2. Download the stores' map on your phone or app.

Most stores release a map for Black Friday a week or two ahead of time to show where the deals are going to be. They will usually be color or number coded by the items that are on sale. This means 99 times out of 100 the sale item will not be in its proper department.

3. Many of the Black Friday Deals will be available online too. Some as soon as 10 PM on 11/21.

Walmart has announced that their deals will start at 10 pm online on 11/21. This will possibly be a bigger win as there will be more stock available online than the physical store. Plus you don't have to worry about impromptu Hardcore Wrestling Matches in the aisles.

4. Amazon may be your best bet.

Amazon's Black Friday week Sale starts on 11/16. But Amazon has some advantages. Amazon is offering free shipping on all orders for the holiday season. Whereas Walmart only offers it on orders over $35 or free store pickup.

5. If you're looking at Toys for a child this year, you're in luck.

After the closure of Toys R Us this past Summer many retailers are fighting for toy dominance. Kroger, Party City, JCPenney and others who do not sell toys usually will sell them this Holiday Season. Walmart, Amazon, Target, Sams Club, and Costco will also be stores to watch.

My advice is to do all your shopping online if possible. You can still get the same deals, but with less drama. If you do go out though, remember to not put all your eggs in one basket.

#BlackFriday2018

#Shoponline

1111
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

What Guys Said 11

• I'm looking for a PS4 Pro this Black Friday, I've held off on getting one for awhile now, because I want to see if there are any good deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

• Right now, the Pro isn't on sale as I see but it could change

• Yeah, I've noticed that. But whatever, I don't need the PS4 Pro, so if I can't find a good sale price on it, I'll likely wait to get it.

• I used to work at Kohls for a long time and around the time that the Xbox Ones came out they told us we are getting Xbox consoles in for Black Friday and you can't use your discount I was pissed off then turns out the idiots got in Xbox 360s which nobody wanted everyone wanted the new ones. Such morons.

• Keep in mind that some stores make a certain cheaper model of something just for Black Friday, and that's why the model number is one digit different, or they just append a letter to the model number. That is also why you have to check the model number carefully if there is a special on it. They store might actually have the old and Black Friday model on the same shelf, in the same box, but they are different prices! (That actually happened to me with a DVD player.)

• I will be elsewhere. This is going to be a very low-spending Christmas for me gift-wise, and I don't need anything myself. So no point.

Besides, I never start Christmas shopping until around Dec. 10 in the best of times. And usually finish on the 23rd or 24th.

• Even though I just got a raise, I'm in hot water about my rent because the raise went into effect a week too late and I was seriously behind on my bills. May not be able to buy anything this year.

• The craziness of Black Friday is something I can do without. But thanks for the advice.

• love the mytake. Only thing I really want is an apple watch.

• Thanks for the info

• I might have a look around online

• Fantastic take l am keeping my money in the bank

• Nice shopping tip s