Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

Hello everyone,

It's me again.

This MyTake is a more serious one,as may of you already know....

I have been 'temporary' diagnosed with ASPD a.k.a Anti-Social Personality Disorder a.k.a I'm a sociopath.

I'm pretty open about it and to be honest I think I'm one of the best people to talk about sociopathy since I'm brutally honest.

I've seen so many people to talk about how evil sociopaths are or how dangerous they are and in general giving wrong impression about us.

So here I'm to clear things up.

Sociopathy: Myths and Truths.

Disclaimer : There are different levels of sociopathy,I'm talking about these things from my prespective.To be specific in Russia we coun't them in levels,I'm Level 1,that's the lower level of sociopathy.

In my case ASPD 'happened' because of 2 reasons.

1)I went years under strong medication for my bipolar and borderline personality disorder that costed a part of my brain to completely stop producing the substance that makes some specific emotions happen.

2) After a serious incident,that I prefer not to talk about,that happened 2 months ago in some way I managed to subconciously help the medication to completely shut off some normal brain function that can cost similar symstoms to sociopathy,fact that made me diagnosed as a sociopath.

That means 2 things.

1)That when I stop taking medication,after some time I will be able to 'return' to 'normality' and

2)That I've expirienced the life both as a a sociopath and a normal person.

1) We Are Good Manipulations: True.

Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

We know what people want to hear from very soon,sometimes even at the second we meet them,it's something it comes natural to our head,we know that questions to ask,what things to say.

For us,since we don't have that bold emotions/feelings is easier to 'read' a person and actually see through him/her.

2) We Always Lie: False.

Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

Many sociopaths never lie,it's something we don't find to have reason to do it because we don't want to sugarcoat anything,we enjoy seeing people's real reaction to things.

YET if we decided to lie to win something,yeap we are really good actors because we don't feel bad for lying.

3) We Are Using People: Kinda?

Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

Not less or more than any other of you.

Let's admit it,every and each one of us at some point of our lives wanting it or not have used someone in order to win something else.

We are just better at it and use them in different things.

4) We don't love: False.

Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

We do love,just in our own way.

We take A LOT more time to do it and we just feel everything different,that's why people somatimes believe that we aren't able to,because even if we are madly in love we don't express it or feel it like you expect us to.

5) We don't like people: True.

Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

We don't like others,we are anti-social.

The idea of going out and meeting other people sounds extremely unpleasant to us,that doesn't mean we hate you,we just strongly dislike you.

Especially if you are clingy,emotional or too happy we just want to slap you.

6) Sociopaths and Psychopaths are the same Thing: FALSE! FALSE! FALSE!

Sociopathy: Myths And Truths

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.healthyplace.com/personality-disorders/psychopath/psychopath-vs-sociopath-what-s-the-difference

If you have any other question,write it in the comments and if it's good enough I'll answer.

-END.

AngelicSin

613
AngelicSin is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Wow... thanks for clearing up some of that. Quite enlightening and thanks for sharing

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • I dislike people too but for reasonably valid reasons.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Totally agree with you. I have learned a lot about Sociopaths and Psychopaths. Thank you for sharing

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • What a great myTake Ms AS! I know things will get much better for you!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 11

• 5d

last one is actually true but not for the reason you think. I will leave it at that and see if you are intrigued enough to ask why this is so. don't worry this is not a troll and I am 100% serious and right.

• I see sociopathy and psychopathy as more of a spectrum than anything on it's own. Everybody has some measure of sociopathic/psychopathic qualities.. just some more than others.

A couple of these sound more like the result of your baseline personality than anything else.

• I took a test that said I showed signs of sociopathic... I'm still wondering if there's truth to it

• This take is very unscientific.

• It's actually is extremely scientific since my psychotherapist helped me write it. You are just mistaken.

• Plus it's a really general approach to the topic.

• >I'm Level 1

get on my level lol

• Awesome

• I’m anti social. Does this make me a sociopath?

• Just read the whole thing. I think I like you.

• Oh, I get that you're broken. That was obvious the first few posts I ever saw of yours.

• @MlleCake lmao yeah. I’ve accepted it as my reality. I spend so much time fixing it. Then I just break again. Then I fix. It’s a never ending cycle.

• I hope you are fine :\

• Interesting myTake

• You will be OK, your a smart girl. Follow your heart, you may not like people in general, but no one does, most people are fake and spend a lot of time pretending to like others. Remember that humans all desire the same core requirements for survival, basic food and water, house to live in, occupation for self worth, and companionship, a need to belong to a group, or an identity. Your criteria for being a psychopath should not necessarily be set in stone, like any other animal your behavior is affected by your environment. It is Instictual you will protect or defend yourself from an aggressor, that is not psychopathic, it is normal, the personality disorder is your brains way of designing a way to protect yourself, it's a defense mechanism, totally normal when in distress. Your brain is just saying something is wrong. I don't believe in Acronyms to describe the human condition. Just be yourself I can respect that.

What Girls Said 4

• I think most people fit the definition of a sociopath. It's more uncommon to be empathetic.

• That's false, many people may believe they do or behave like they do, but they don't.

• Symptoms all are what are considered a bad person. Sorry if you don't like that.

• You are completely incorrect and I would advise you to shut up.

• okay it sounds crazy but i relate to all of that

• Sweetheart, this isn't about being related to these things.
      Don't try to call yourself a sociopath, self-diagnose is inaccurate and stupid.

• yeah obviously, but it just proves how small the difference between us is, it really dosent matter if you are diagnosed or not, you are a human, you just happened to have all these traits that link to sociopathy, sociopathy dosent define you.

• My boyfriend is a sociopath 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Nice mytake 👍🏽