What is one habit you’re the most proud of breaking?

For me : I used to chew tobacco.. I succeed to break it off and now it has been about 1 and half years.

2714

Most Helpful Girl

• About 10 years ago Drs point me on a med called OxyContin for 5 years they told me I'd have to stay on them for life. Trust me that crap has some really bad side effects... the Drs kept using my dose because the pain wasn't being controlled. At that time I hadn't done my research on this area but once I did I realized my body had become addicted to it. I asked the Drs to take me off them, their methods sucked. So finally I had enough and totally stopped completely. Went from 8 30mg pills a day plus they had prescribed lortabs for break through pain. I stopped those all at once too. Trust me my body hated me for 2 wks... then it took a year for my body to get back to normal. During this time I switched to all natural pain relief as wells as treating almost any sickness I had with natural alternatives. I use different teas for pain, for sleeping problems, certain vitamins and minerals for concentration and energy. Any ways, I look back now and realize just how lucky I was to have been able to escape that vicious cycle. I know people that continued to take certain addictive meds that have seen their lives change drastically for the worse. I've even seen a couple of friends die from deadly combinations of meds Drs have prescribed. One that passed a way was even a nurse. Sleeping pills and pain pills are NVR supposed to be taken together they both serpress your breathing yet many Drs prescribe these two meds together. Even telling you it's ok to take together. So I research everything and question everything a Dr is doing to me or prescribing for me... then of course I look up possible alternatives for treatment if one is available and know to work... I use it

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 26

• To stop drinking so much coffee lol I've cut right back to only two cups a day haha some times I cheat , and have three πŸ™ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Nail biting. I used to do it non-stop but I found that if I have gel nails I don't touch them at all because my financial stinginess > urge to bite nails

• I beat an eating disorder, if that counts.

• I've recently stopped biting my nails. I'm really proud of that.

• dude I think all girls have the same problem.. it gonna be a new question for me..

Are all girls use to/ bite their nails? lol

• It's honestly just a nervous habit for me lol, in high school I would buy a lot of gum to try and stop. Now I just paint my nails and that seems to work.

• stopped my caffeine addiction lol

• That's great so what dovu drink now? Alcohol? :D

• Thanks for telling

• no problemo

• Definitely biting my nails! It took me years growing up but now I don't even have the urge to bite my nails

• Nail biting.

• Not drinking alcohol til I get drunk anymore

• Instagram addiction

• I used to twirl my hair a lot as a kid

• Being lazy and over eating. I still probably over eat, but I'M NO LONGER LAZY! Or as lazy.

• I have several habits I need to break. I'm working on it.

• Never had a habit to quit like that.

• Biting nails

• Working on not getting in trouble

• Ignoring guys I find attractive. I smile now.

• I don't bite my nails anymore. Would do it if I was nervous.

• I'm not picking at my lips as much

• I have been clean from my benzo addiction for 3 years. Clean from smoking cigs for few months (tried a handful of times to quit and this is my longest streak)

• Picking my nose.

• biting my nails

• masturbating at lunch (I go home for lunch from work) and then not wanting sex from my SO at night. I stopped and they are much happier that we have sex most nights now

• I have a habit of biting my nails which I'm trying to stop. Do you have any suggestions on how I can succeed?

• @ling123 @Bleh-___-

Ladies.. help this girl please

• You can try putting something on your nails that makes it taste bad, such as sanitizer, but the only thing that worked for me is getting manicures. When I pay a stupid amount to make them all pretty it makes me avoid biting them. You're 16 so you can do the manicures yourself.

• Thank you, this helps a lot

• Biting my nails

• quitting sucking my thumb and (temporarily) quitting eating candy

• My husband quit smoking after years of smoking... it sometimes still is rather hard for him because he still gets cravings but highly ignores them!

What Guys Said 13

• As of December, 2016, I am no longer a regular drinker :) I used to come home every day after work and have 2-3 glasses of red wine. I didn't know how great being sober felt until I quit drinking :)

However, I still drink on special occasions but I don't get shit faced like I used to. Lmao.

• My porn addiction, I'm happy I broke it and got rid of it forever, I stopped seeing girls as only sex objects and recently I got into a relationship because I stop worrying how my dick would look or how I'd do in sex etc

• Self hatred lol. Now I wub myself <3

• cocaine and amphetamine addiction proud to say I'm 4 years clean

• During highschool I did Roxys, purgasets, morphine, extasy, coke, zanax, and mushrooms a few times.
    Mostly weed beer and cigs.

Now I'm 29 and I just smoke a lot of weed. And drink a lot of coffee.

I watched my dad slowly destroy himself with alcohol and cigarettes. I used to say to myself "I don't care if smoking kills me"
    Until it started really hurting.

I wanna quit weed too. Cuz I abuse the fuck out of it.

• Saying bad words.

• ether losing my temper or eating so much sugar which lead to me getting obese and then having to get un obese which was a pain but rewarding

• I haven't smoked since January
    I'm very proud of myself πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• Drinking soda. I know it sounds like something so simple. But soda is one of the worst and most addicting things on Earth

• i haven't smoke before but i will need to try to stop being shy haha

• smoking a pack of sigaret a day, and depression...

• how were you able to keep from going back to it

• that's a good question