Do you donate blood? What is your blood type?

I'm O-Do you donate blood? What is your blood type?

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• I used to donate plasma a long time ago. Then I did donate blood. I haven't in about 4 years. I don't remember my blood type. It was on my dog taps, but they ended up missing.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Sis if you’re a O- you need to be careful in pregnancy. Make sure your doctors know your blood type. Take care :)

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Thanks darlin! That's something that my mom always told me as well. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had to have a few rhogam shots.
      This is important to share. Thanks!

• 4d

No worries, the second child is usually an issue, but I hope everything will be okay! Take care of yourself 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I actually donated plasma instead, until I fell pregnant. I have another 3 months before I can donate again.
    I’m A-

1|0
    0|0
  • I am O universal donor and was so happy that I can donate.
    Got turned down in HS, found out I don't qualify, I think they said over 110 or something.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes! A+

The first time i actually fainted when I saw the blood start coming out of the tube and had to be resuscitated with smelling salts.

After that I Iearned to just not look at the tube and everything was ok... lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I donated blood until I recently started taking a medication that disqualifies me from donating. I am A+.

1|2
    0|0
    • 4d

are you vegetarian? I beleive that is the type that worked best that way... or maybe it was B? e. g. blood type diet theory.

• 4d

@lightbulb27 Quite contrary, my preferred diet is low carb/high protein, and that means meats and cheeses!

• 4d

if it works for you, that's great! I found the BT diet to be actually quite reliable to what worked for me.

• I've donated blood over 30 times. I can't anymore because of some medicine I take. Everybody should donate. You may save a life and you never know if you might need some one day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not allowed to donate blood because i am diabetic but sometimes they want some blood donation for researches so i do that once a year and i am O+, i am a giver to the other plus groups but not as the O- where you can give it to anyone who needs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Every three months the Red Cross comes to the building next to mine and I donate.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

If you are healthy and not a blood donor, please start. It only takes an hour and it's nearly painless. It hurts a little bit for about one second. Most of the hour is paperwork. The extraction only takes a few minutes.

• 4d

I totally agree. I'm donating platelets as I type this. My lips are numb.
      My mom was O- too and always encouraged me to do it.

• Yes I donate, I'm O rh+ 65 pints so far would be higher but I had to lay off while recovering from an op.
    If your not donating please consider doing it especially if your a person of colour your donations are sorely needed especially for the treatment of sickle cell anaemia and other similar conditions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never donated blood but want to and find out my blood type. You made me think of the band Type O Negative though 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • O-. I do give blood every so often, mostly just because I know my blood type is helpful to a lot of people, but I only do it every few months to a year.

1|0
    0|0
  • The best. A+.
    It's probably the easiest way to be a hero 😋

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an O+ and I can't as much as I want to bc I'm anemic asf

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe I am AB+. I have only donated blood once but I am scared of needles and it hurts. I threw up right after and had trouble staying conscious, so I haven't done it again.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Well aren't you lucky, you can take all blood types.

• Show All
    • 4d

Yeah I was just reading about it, apparently I shouldn't be eating chicken either. Makes me susceptible to certain autoimmune diseases. I'm B Negative, but I think its anyone with B blood in general. AB has B blood too.

• 4d

@zozo7880 That makes sense.

• In school we did blood typing in class.
    All my life I thought I was A+ but I guess im AB+
    So I can only donate to another AB+ person cuz I have all the antigens. But I am the universal recipient.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have once. And I would like to again. My blood type is O+

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Was regularly until I became anemic recently. Also listed as a bone marrow donor since 18 years old

1|0
    0|0
  • O- 🤗 your blood is priceless
    And no... I haven't donated yet, but I intend to do so regularly. I'm B+

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm O+ and I would donate blood if I didn't have a panic attack every time someone came near me with a needle.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not donate blood but I probably should as I am a B- which is the second most rare blood type

1|0
    0|0
  • Wish I could, my mother is too protective.
    But I will once I'm independant 😎

I'm O+, wish I was O- like tou tho :/

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, in the past I did. I don't know my blood type, only that it's very rare and they don't have much of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't donate right now because I have anemia but I would love to! Mine is A+. I also want to be an organ donor.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried but my blood pressure is too low naturally every time they check before donating.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never done it before, I don't even know what my blood type is lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to A+ I dont because my veins float a lot. hard for them to find.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't donated blood before. Creeps me out. But my sister has before and it got me thinking, I don't know my own blood type, feels like something every one should know about themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm o negative and donate once in a while, when my iron levels are sufficient.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sadly I have never donated & I don't know my blood type.

1|0
    0|0
  • A+ they always said my iron count was too low to donate

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't yet, but I'm gonna donate after my school is done.
    I'm A+

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope i don't, i just did it once, but if someone needed and i was ablem yes why not...

If my future wants to do it, i won't let her do it a lot, because i don't know if she will be losing something or not...

If she wanted to donate blood for someone close to us. I'll take her, sit next to her and kiss her while she's giving blood, i don't want her to feel alone and unsafe, in this way she will be comfortable, her man is next to her, also i'll buy a big bottle of fresh juice, as soon as she finishes donating blood, she will drink the bottle of fresh juice, so her body takes all the necessary vitamins to replace the donated blood and creates a new fresh one 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm an AVIS member and I regularly donate.
    I'm a 0+.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, in can't because i go KO whenever they take my blood, and I don't know my bloodtype i guess i could call up the hospital to ask

0|0
    0|0
  • I never donated.. But I will start soon.. Usually I don't because I fall sick so often that donating infected blood will just cause chaos

0|0
    0|0
  • Never have, and I have no idea. Is that something people actually know?

0|0
    0|0
  • A+ (alcohol positive) therefore I'm banned from donating blood. 😐

0|1
    0|0
  • I am D positive - Damn sure positive that I am not donating anything!

0|0
    0|0
  • You are O- such a vampiress...

1|0
    0|0
  • I have in the past, but I've been sick too frequently lately to do it again.

I'm A negative

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to get hasseled all the time for my o-. I stopped it was every 6 weeks for awhile.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0+ No I don't donate. I would if I could though

1|0
    0|0
  • O- as well, but no, my blood.

1|0
    0|0
  • B+ and yeah, every once in a while.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe My Organs. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • I have, I'm O+. universal.

1|0
    0|0
  • My blood type is 80 proof

1|0
    0|0
  • I am too

1|1
    0|0
  • I do. I'm O blood group, (RHO Negative)

1|0
    0|0
  • B+ :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. O+

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes