Do you have/know someone with PTSD? Do people ever really recover from trauma that causes PTSD?

Do you have/know someone with PTSD? Do people ever really recover from trauma that causes PTSD?Do you have/know someone with PTSD? Do people ever really recover from trauma that causes PTSD?

2129

Most Helpful Guys

• My Dad was a sailor during the Falklands war and his Submarine he was on at the time was involved in an incident which involved the sinking of an Argentinian ship and a massive loss of life. It's still an incident that cause's debate as it's argued it was a war crime (the Argentinian ship was retreating and out of the war zone). I was born after this... but people tell me that my Dad who before this war was very outgoing, which is a shock as I've always known him as massively shy/introverted. He would of been 16/17 at the time, I wonder if it affected him?

• Don't know anyone right now that does, by one of my grandfathers had it due to fighting in the Spanish Civil War and losing his family. Didn't seem like he ever fully recovered from it.

Most Helpful Girls

• I have ptsd from an abysive relationship I was in. I don't know of it’ll ever fully go away

• Same here. It has lessened greatly since then, but even now it sometimes comes back to me, despite it being four years and three relationships ago.

• That's where mine came from. It has been a decade but I only started therapy about 1.5 years ago.