10 Personality Traits I Look For in a Girl

you all know how important looks and presence is to attract a mate but these alone won't draw in the people you want around you. as for all Men this thread is not to be generalized most of it comes from personal experience and preferences. Words done quick let's start (sorry I didn't want to make it that long)

1. How does she treat the people around her?

simple and logic. would you really want to be with someone who has senseless toxic behavior towards everyone else but you? I wouldn't because that fire could burn me too someday.

2. Is she able to have a discussion about something that bothers her?

..or when she is pissed. I feel like this is important because with the intention of being together for a long time, conflicts can happen and worst that could happen is when you can't talk about it or your partner is a dickhead

3. No quick accusations

"what did you just say? you just can't accuse someone did something bad without evidence". I'll let it sink but don't push it or it'll be doomsday

4. Don't describe yourself or presume what's not there

-"I am not that kind of girl/guy" (and similar like "all the girls out there are dressing and acting like hoes and I am not")

denial of oneself is a poor trait that many humans make, a mistake technically. it's easy to read through when someone starts a denial pledge on you, most of the times it flows through conversation when you meet someone new. describing oneself can often backfire.

-"Imma check your emails to see if you cheated on me"

the point is that when you project an issue on someone else more often than not you are projecting yourself. even if this is not the case and the woman herself is loyal it's a form of accusation (Number 3). in this example the woman is a known cheater.

5. Don't judge

this one is especially for me the case. I have many facades and if you are quick to "put me in a box" there is no way I would have/give you the chance of getting to know me better. also judging people easily means you are in no way going to be friends with any of my friends. you "put me in a box"? No. you've"put yourself in a box" limiting the amount of nice people you could get to know.

6. Humour and a naive state of mind

there is no need of being funny or even trying. having a sense of humour means better understanding me because I often tend to even humour the most serious topics to make them less exhausting on me.

a naive state of mind comes together with the elements of humour which means not putting too much weight on life and what happened before.

if you have been cheated in the past forget about it, if you've been abused forget and start a new it will open the door you've once closed, you have to deal with the feelings which is a big stone but you'll be rewarded in the process. see the guy before you as the first guy you've ever met and you may get surprized with an awesome experience.

a little controversary on the other hand isn't it?

7. Forgiving and hatred management

you know how pleasant it is to be near someone who's happy and can share it's energy with you. someone with a bad mood makes you feel uncomfortable on the other hand.

despite all you've been through there is no need for anyone who doesn't want to know, to feel what you felt. I find it important for you as a person to not put a burden on other peoples shoulders or increase the set of problems they already deal with.

8. The obvious monogamous

I'm old fashioned

9. Enjoys what I enjoy and open for new stuff

this is no biggie actually I don't care about this one much

just came home drunk from last nights club experience, I love dancing and swimming.

she doesn't need to swim with me or dance or go to a club but for example.just go outside at night, sit on a bank, music on and stare at the moon together. I would be open to doing new stuff that I consider sane activities.

10. Cares about you

obvious. you don't need to say I drank too much or fill my head with the fact I did something stupid I could've died at. it's easy to see how much you care about me described in your face. words are just there to express it even further but know when it's enough

xxx

here's a reward for coming all the way down here

Gibberish

oh my god so much text I am afraid of long texts sry guys n girls.

hell I didn't even manage to put up everything I wanted to and my brain stopped working midway. despite look at how dumbed down it is I took away all depth to decrease the amount of text, took away most of personal experiences and whatever else I wanted to get out of my heart when typing.

really there is too much to cover for 1 mere individuals preferences .. I just forgot what I wanted to type again.

oh yea important I hope y'all could take at least one of these into consideration I don't mean .. I am still getting sober my head is daft right now. .. yea I wrote this with the intention of showing what I like on a girl but it's also meant to be what I like on anyone I like..

well I may add a part 2 when I am not that broken in my head. I couldn't cover all of it as I missed most parts of what I want a womans presence to be but let's not overdo the work

Last I wanna share some guy from youtube who reflects a lot of what's going on in my mind.

2431

Most Helpful Girl

• It always scares me when men say that they like naïve women.

It’s also human nature to judge. I guess you’re looking for the perfect alien space cabbage.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • what exactly is so scary about being naive? I guess I didn't word it properly. when I say naive I mean the contrary of a woman who brings all her bad past experiences into a new relationship. not that it couldn't be dealth with but it would be best if there was no need to. yea judging is natural so I guess I'll be either dating an alien or a woman who's objective minded (or a trap and then I'll an hero)

• Lol I love how you gave me mho by mistake

• not really. I am just thankful that you took your time to have a discussion even tho I kinda kept saying the same words over and over again at the end. also I rather give someone who critisizes my ways MHO instead of someone who fully agrees on my beliefs.

Most Helpful Guy

• started off great, then you kinda trailed off there lol
    I do like your 1 and 2 points. Especially 2. So important. I HATE it when people are mad about something but can't talk about it directly so they passively aggressively do other things and just leave you confused as to what is actually going on

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I got point 2 in my head since I was looking after some girl for a while and the first week it was all cool. all of a sudden she acted bitchy around me and didn't want to talk.
      the first week she 4. d me then she 2. d me because I still tought I should give her a chance. I won't get in a relationship with a girl who gives me that many red signs in such short time. yea I was about to get sober that day but I really wanted to write that mytake cause I had it all sorted out in my mind (for like 20 mins

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 23

• Now let’s see if you’re able to “have a discussion about something that bothers” you.
    _________________________________________________________________
    “-“I am not that kind of girl/guy" (and similar like "all the girls out there are dressing and acting like hoes and I am not")

denial of oneself is a poor trait that many humans make, a mistake technically. it's easy to read through when someone starts a denial pledge on you, most of the times it flows through conversation when you meet someone new. describing oneself can often backfire.”

Regarding the Above:

Knowing who you are is also knowing who you are "not". If I say “I am not that kind of girl” it depends on the context obviously. “I am not the kind of girl that sleeps with a guy on the first date” or “I am not the kind of girl that treat people like shit” or "I am not am olympic athlete and I know I never will be", etc. It's basically, I know who I am and I am letting you know upfront. Now, I don't think the way you stated in your paragraph "acting like hoes" was very nice, and... not fair to judge others girls and act like you are better than people. Maybe you mean you want a humble girl?
    Maybe they like who they are and that is their prerogative. But it is okay to know what you are and what you are not. It's better to be that way.
    “a naive state of mind comes together with the elements of humor which means not putting too much weight on life and what happened before.”

Regarding the Above:

Being naive in general is very bad and leads to good people being hurt. Maybe you mean Lighthearted.

• like when there is an issue first check what's wrong with you, then what's wrong with someone else.
      don't call someone you can't understand bad, their point of view may just differ.
      yea liking who you are is a fine deal, I like who I am despite the facts: I don't really tell people who and how I am, I let them decide for themselves and more often than not they just see the outer shell that may be the downside for not mentioning that there is more to be found.

in fact what I've observated is that many girls downgrade other girls instead of looking to upgrade themselves so I don't blame them for their nature. I just believe that I could be able to change at least one of them to get a better attitude and not put the unknown in a worse light

Lighthearted - awesome I didn't even remember that word existed oh man could've saved me lots of explanation to some.

thanks for your input I can see you really put your mind into giving a proper response

• I had cancer on my ballsack and 1 got removed. he made a joke about it asking if I am wearing G-Strings already and my mom tought it was rude. I laughed it off and said what a faggot. last time he greeted me to my birthday we had a fun discussion but he didn't last long 😂

• Ohhh ok I gotcha. lol

• Oh dear, I only wish most men actually valued a woman's qualities over her looks!

I personally have to admit that i can't trust any man fully, because of bad history. :/

• Uhm we do for serious relationships. You young so most dudes your age won't be interested in that. Only when they older.

• @performerwannabe I would tell my name to people if they don't look like people who would harm me.
      it happened that a random person came up to me instantly asking for my name past midnight in the city. that time I invented some name cause I really got scared of dat psycho move

• Hahahaha I've been in that position many times too. See, you can't trust complete strangers. 😂

• Interesting. 6 and 7 not so good. Liking naïve women is a tad scary, why? and people need to express how they are feeling as it can be worse to bottle it up.

• well I often get misunderstood like right now. I'dd like to know what's so scary about it and what you tought I just mentioned when I worded "naive"

• Oh okay, I get it! Seems pretty logical

• y but I won't update my question it really made me feel a little pushy or how could I call it trying to phrase it all properly in an understandable maner (not only to you). I usually leave people to think whatever they wanna think about me so that felt like the opposite. well anyways thanks for coming here

• Some of these are give ins, but I also hope you're open-minded! You ask her not to judge you, but will you judge her harshly is she doesn't meet one of these things to your expectations?

• give a good real life example to boot and I'll get a quick reality check.

• These are all pretty decent. I love number one. I don't think people play enough attention to things like that. They focus more on how the person treats them but how a person treats others says A LOT about them. Good Take!

• One of your traits is not judging others, but this entire take screamed judgmental.

• you're right. I always have to keep putting down one of my rules through the other rule to make sure I didn't miss out on a girl who is possibly on my list but has failed me once through selection. so in fact most of the time I keep trying on the girl I've judged and try to believe she isn't like that till I realize she shows me even more red flags and makes me feel worse than before. I even drop of my instinctual feelings to see again if I judged too quick

• How do you not think making a take about how a partner can’t be quick tempered, judgy, how she describes herself, her state of mind isn't judgemental?

• it is but I am not a strict person. don't you think any of my points would happen to be good traits for someone to have?
      I am ok with quick tempered girls and them talking out their mind I will let em be. you think I would stop having interest in someone who said "I am not like those" but in fact I don't give up and I often ignore my gut feeling and instincts just to face the truth which in the end shows that I had too much hopes about having a wrong judgement. so what if it is judgemental? what is the issue really and why won't you give in that what I wrote is not meant to harm but to reflect on oneself

• That's funny, most guys I know seem to have a problem with #2. 😕

• yea? I think that when 2 people have a problem it's best to be solved instead of not talking to each other anymore in the process. it also helps when conflicted in work space.

if you can't solve an issue in days time with a girl the girl is more likely to in result cheat.

• I agree.

• well my personal view on the "perfect" mate is that there is no perfect mate and you just have to accept the person as they come, and then make sure you are the best you can be for them. The key to a good relationship is to be the best you can be and be happy with you learning to love to the max, the other person... if they choose you then great if not then good bye.

• Aww I can't wait to you find the one, you guys would be so cute.

• 10 Personality Traits I Look For in a Male:

1. None

I don't mess with y'all, aha

• Lovely take! It shouldn't be hard to find a girl with all those personality traits.

• I'm 8/10 there... Not goof with expressing myself and hatred management.

• goof or good?

• sometimes I have that too. I had those issues back then but I had like 2 years to work on myself to get those done with. there are times I can't hold it all up so I often ask myself why I couldn't.
      in fact I can't handle myself right now but I'm glad I'm at home and noones here

• I struggle with 2, I don't want to have confrontation

• Buy classic books... u might get lucky.

• classic books?

• Novels..

• ups I don't get notifications on my take somehow.
      why books? the only book I'm reading is Metro 2035 and just because it's not as fucking boring as all the other books I ever opened. I actually detest books

• Nice take

• I hope you find that kind of girl.

• This a good list. Nice take

• Nice!

• Sounds just like me

• Interesting

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 30

• Ironically this disqualifies you as the type of man who this type of woman would want.

You're judgmental, delusional about your own depth, and project your flaws onto others all at the same time. And you did it all in one sentence.

People like you make life worth living.

• well that's quite interesting and in fact the answer I hoped for. could you point out what exactly got you to this conclusion

• as often as I put myself on a special throne, as often I grab myself by the hair and kick myself back down.
      I am sure I didn't understand your answer to a full extent cause of the slight language barrier so if I missed out on something just tell me.

when you read through my take you could also call me a spoiled brat, someone who demands too much and doesn't give any value back in return.

it's just because I can think of myself in the 3rd person and try demanding what I just demanded to myself the reason why I could write a take where you really demand something so hard to become yourself.

in fact I feel guilt for even putting myself in a spot where I am the one that failed my own test and this guilt resembles that I am able to change my views, likely I won't have an image you could call me if it weren't for my physical form I'dd call myself a blur of what's good and what's evil. I myself am evil, I do bad things, good things and I take credit for all of it.

• + I was expecting someone like you to join the my take, I was looking for you to put me down and show me my flaws I thank you for that.
      I like discussions (#2) they are a good way to reflect myself but I often tend to get quick brain freezes so I can act completely daft.

• When I was reading through your piece I began paint a picture , it was my late wife. What drew me to her was we looked at life the same. Like she found me watching porn , she said I didn't think you were into that she ended up sitting side of me occasionally giggling. After about half hour she says it's put me in the mood are we going upstairs so we did..
    She was a fantastic friend wife and mother she is sawly missed !!!

• man I could bet you could write me a roman about how neat it was with her

• Excellent points, especially 1 and 6-10. The lack of some of those personality traits could be dealbeakers, that is how important they are.

Pesonality matters- it's more stressful being in a relationship with someone who doesn't have the important personality traits, and the relationship is more likely to fail.

• I'm even the kind that would be okay if the girl was clingy in moderation or the opposite if not too much. sometimes I get a nono cause I acted clingy and other times because I didn't show enough affection. so I kept this option away from my topic since it doesn't really affect the kind of relationship you're in unlike a persons global behaviour

• that didn't help either. but I don't mind.. I have to mention at points 8-10 my brain went stand by so I took more obvious stuff to fill the emptyness that just started

• Those were very valid points, though.

• I never see this I like to accept person as they are

• there is nothing wrong with accepting the people around you, I'm not asking to bend someones personality but I sure will turn people into a better version of themselves if they let me

• 0|0
  • Those are some great trait pics! Really well thought out. Could apply to guys too. Thanks for posting!

• if I really want a girl for a good and long lasting relationship she should be like a good friend who I'dd also like to fuck. in fact I check some of these when dealing with all sorts of people

• Yeah... Only hit like 2/10, brb dumping girlfriend. Side bitch is now promoted to new girlfriend. Knew it beforehand anyway.

• I can't argue or dispute about this list , those are some good things to look for in a woman.

• You'll never find her

• Very thoughtful and mature!

• Intriguing

• Yah man sounds good

• Good Take. Lots of sense in there.

• Very nice.

• Most excellent list. Much wisdom.

• Great take and I agree.

• Good mytake, makes a lot of sense

• Amazing

• Read my mind. Crazy!

• Fantastic myTake

• More from Guys
    10