The Signs of a Very Healthy Relationship

Have you ever begin to wonder how healthy your relationship is with your significant other? No relationship is perfect, however it’s very well possible to maintain a healthy one where both of you are very happy and comfortable with each other! The time when the romantic spark is lit usually happens within the first year of the relationship but when it dies down, the real question you have to ask yourself as time progresses is: Am I in a relationship where I’m not just content or ok but actually feel really satisfied and happy with my significant other? If you’re not entirely sure where you stand in the relationship, try to find out what makes you happy on the inside! Below are a list of what I personally believe makes the healthiest and happiest relationships around! Feel free to provide feedback if you agree or disagree with any of the reasons.

____________________________________

1) Having Complete Trust in Them

One of the most crucial factors to consider in a relationship is the amount of trust you have in someone. If you know that you can trust your significant other under any circumstance no matter how troubling a situation may be, you’ll feel a lot better knowing you have no fear of either being backstabbed or lied to. If you are known to be a person with a history of being a compulsive lier, this is your opportunity to start your relationship anew and build up that trust again if you are in a relationship or start fresh if you adapting to a new relationship. Having to live in constant fear of worrying about your partner cheating on you or going behind your back is no way to live a healthy relationship. It’s very important to maintain that trust and once its broken, it’s really hard to get it back without time and good intentions to heal it back up. If you have insecurities about your significant other with trust issues, be open and communicate with them to find a solution on how to fix that problem so you both can still trust each other without any worries!

2) Communicate All Your Needs and Wants

The other very crucial element to a healthy relationship is to express yourself to your significant other about everything you feel from emotions to topics! When you’re not afraid to open your mind and speak freely without being judged or criticized, it’s a breath of fresh air knowing your significant other is open minded and supportive of you and your thoughts! We all have problems in our lives and being expressive about them will not only build trust in the relationship but it’s always nice to get a second opinion if you begin to question yourself about something. Having good communication isn’t all talking about concerns but it’s about finding subjects and topics to discuss about as well!

When you take time to understand your significant other in finding out what they like, their beliefs, their goals/dreams and such, they’ll appreciate you being interested in getting to know them better! Learning about your significant other in a relationship is always ongoing with learning something new about them all the time! Opening up to having conversations and even friendly debates will help you both in figuring out which subjects you both can relate to and which ones you both differentiate with. Always remember to communicate with your significant other on a daily basis, whether if you two are living together or living apart in a different place.

3) Physical Intimacy Brings Love to the Table

Having a lot in common and being communicative are all ways you can validate your love for each other but nothing says it stronger than physical intimacy! When you love someone very much and put your trust into them, it feels very natural that you’d want to physically flirt with them in the form of hugging, kissing, cuddling, back rubbing, holding hands and even sex! You’ll know if your significant other is making love to you because they love you for who you are as opposed to just using you for only their sexual desires. One of the biggest downfalls in a relationship is becoming too distant and/or fearing your significant other because of something they did. Nothing clears that up quicker than a productive conversation, following it up with physical intimacy to feel the love flow throughout your body again!

4) Having a Lot of Common Interests

Usually when people try to find someone for dating, they are looking for a person who shares a lot of similar interests in the form of hobbies and activities. The more interests you both have in common, the more diversity you have in trying out new activities and events together! Relationships can get stale really quickly if nothing new is added to the relationship and with all the possibilities that are available out there, the options are almost limitless! Try to collect up all of the things you both love most and figure out what you two could do together. Sometimes you may encounter a new experience that you’ve never dreamed of until you’ve considered all the possibilities. Being able to share hobbies and activities together is a great way to not only bond with each other but create new memories to share in a scrapbook or photo collection! Explore your options and see what you both like!

5) Spending Time Together

When you feel comfortable enough with your significant other, it’s very common that you’d want to spend good quality time with each other! Try to get involved in as many activities as you can together to make the experience a lot more fun and even romantic. There are obviously some things you two probably don’t want to do together like going to the bathroom using the same toilet for example. Doing activities together is also a great way to find out what you love both to do and what kind of lifestyle you both want. Maybe while you both are cooking, one prefers to chop and slice while the other sautés and grills! Perhaps one of you likes to vacuum and mop while the other prefers to fold laundry and dust! Showing you are invested in spending quality time with your significant other will surely make them feel important and loved all around!

6) Respecting Alone Time

A healthy relationship knows when to balance “together” time with “alone” time. A relationship can get very toxic if both partners spend too much time with each other and feel the need to take a break. This doesn’t mean you love each other any less; it just means your mind wants to either stimulate or relax with privacy and hanging out with other people for diversity. We all want to have our “alone” time to be ourselves to do things we really want alone when we otherwise may not be able to with our significant other around. Sometimes we just like to nerd out in something we couldn’t do extensively with our significant other as well! Remember to not invest too much time away from them or trust issues and the desire of feeling loved may become a problem in the future.

7) Be Sturdy and Strong Like a Statue

Having independence and a good level of confidence is considered a very attractive personality trait! Realize that no matter how dire a situation may get, that you both will be alright in the end of it and that you both have each other’s back. It’s common to run into obstacles in the relationship and knowing if you can handle them or not is a deal breaker here. When one of you collapses due to addiction, depression and such, it’s important to have the other pick them up and remind them that we all make mistakes with the two of you figuring out a solution together! Having a weak and cowardly personality will not only build up trust issues but also cause reckless actions to happen so be sure to have a clear head at all times whenever its possible.

____________________________________

Out of the 7 1/2 years of being in a relationship with my girlfriend, it taught me so much about what people want in a relationship! Far too often do people become unhappy in their relationship due to a lack of research, little/no communication or rushing in too quickly by impulse of emotions. I hope this guide proves to be helpful in your attempts for a very healthy relationship! Since this is my first MyTake, feel free to provide me feedback on what you liked about this and/or critic on what could be improved or added onto it. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a wonderful day!

1615
Kyren is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girls

• Great take! The pictures you've chosen are adorable!
    Going by most complaints uttered, I'd say many men struggle with communication during conflicts, because they refuse to talk at all and many women struggle with respecting his alone time 😅

• Thank you so much! I realize some of the pictures don't exactly line up with their mentioned statement but I thought it was close enough. I wonder if a lot of men struggle to communicate because they were grown up to not open their feelings as it was presumed to make them weak. As for women, I can imagine they just love being with their significant other so much although that's subjective :)

• Thank you!

• You're super welcome :)

• (1) I think the complete trust is a hard one that take years to build. As it requires the couple to experience ‘hard times’, and their ability to lean on one another to pull each other through.
    (5) People often confuse (values and vision) with (hobbies and interests). I used to do this do. Values include ideas about spirituality, family, money, morals, etc. Vision is where you see yourself in 5,10,20 years. This needs to align for a relationship to work. Hobbies and interests can be varied. It’s ideal in fact, as it opens the individuals to new experiences. Stops life from becoming boring.

• You're certainly right that it would be foolish for anyone to put their full trust into anyone right from the start without knowing more about them. I feel like if you had a foundation of a strong friendship with someone before dating them, you'll more likely trust them with the knowledge you have of them beforehand.

I can understand couples who plan ahead for the future together along with having same similar values will more likely be compatible for each other. I'm not entirely sure if they would share the exact values just like interests but it'd be close enough to where even a few differences in this category wouldn't break the relationship. I appreciate your feedback on this!

• That’s right! You are never going to find an exact match. My parents had many, many, many differences. Different backgrounds, different religions, different values and morals even. But they made it work, because they held one common belief. That if they respected one another, and respected their thoughts and opinions, and compromise just enough to meet in the middle- anything could work.

• hey do u have a minute to chat?

Most Helpful Guys

• I agree with everything except point 4.
    You kind of contradict yourself there, how does having the *same* interests add to the diversity of trying new things together?
    Having same interests, logically, *detracts* from the diversity in a relationship.
    Because, yes, your partner can go kayaking with you if it is a thing you both enjoy, but wouldn't it be much better if you liked kayaking and your partner liked mountain biking, so that you can introduce each other to *two* different things?

It is important to develop *shared* interests, but in my opinion, not having common interests is perfectly fine, if not preferred, unless these interests are completely incompatible. (such as one person being a party animal, while the other prefer to stays home reading books by the fireplace)

• I see what you mean by this! Perhaps I may have worded that incorrectly. I was thinking that the more interests a couple had together, the more options that are avaliable for them to try! Although you're right that if they did have different interests that it can open new windows of opportunities to try something new! Thanks for pointing that out :)

• I agree with this.

So many people ignore the critical importance of trust, or minimalise it, or carelessly jeopardise it.

• I often wondered about people who ignore trust like it's simply not important. If you're going around lying all the time and/or being faithless to everyone you meet, you're setting up a bad reputation for yourself and possibly for people who you'll meet in the future if they heard about you beforehand.

• Thanks for MHO

• You're very welcome :) Thanks for viewing my first MyTake!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 14

• Haaaaah me and my ex had the opposite of all these positive ones. Ugh. No wonder we were such s fail. XD

• This is fantastic. Helps me see what I can improve on in my relationship

• I was blindly in love with my ex husband so it was hard for me to believe it even though the signs were obvious, always hiding his phone and busy at all time, coming home late. Then I talked to my best friend who introduced me to this lady at her work who once had similar problem and she introduced me to a wonderful hacker who hacked into my husband’s phone, computer, bank account, and so on without any trace and within 24hours I know all my husband secret. With Harry’s help I had all the proofs I needed. No one deserves to live in the dark. Harry is so affordable.
    Email: HACKSERVICES41 at GMAIL dot COM
    Call or text no: +1 908-768-4985

• Great take!!!

• Nice take

• I'm gonna start following you!

• Great take :)

• Excellent!

• Nice take

• That's a good summary

• 😓😰😭

• This is so true. My parents clearly have a toxic relationship and still stay together for some unknown reason. However it’s certainly taught me what to avoid, that’s for sure.

• I don't think I will ever be able to forgive that homicide

• Kewl

What Guys Said 13

• Excellent Take- very comprehensive and well-laid out. All of the things mentioned are crucial.

Anyone new to relationships or who hasn't had a good one yet should read this.

• I appreciate your feedback! Do you think there's anything important I might have failed to address that's crucial in a relationship? I only wondered because I almost didn't include #7 on this list till I thought it through.

• I can't think of anything off of the top of my head and, as I said, I was struck by the thoroughness when I read it. If something occurs to me, I'll post it.

• Thank you so much! I always love hearing the opinions of a veteran here on GAG :)

• Good take. Unfortunately you have to find a girl that wants to have a relationship with you before you have said healthy relationship. So I don't foresee this happening for me any time soon :(

• What makes you say you won't in the near future? :( I will admit finding a very committed person can be a difficult task but it's certainly not impossible!

• Well I've had one relationship my whole life and got ghosted after a month, so apparently I screwed something up and wasn't even worth the effort to actually break up with. Outside of that literally zero girls have show any interest in me whatsoever. Add to that the fact that I have social anxiety and am introverted, and there for I just can't see it happening. I struggle in social situations, especially with people I'm just meeting for the first time or don't know very well yet, so starting a relationship of any kind (work, friend, or romantic) is difficult for me. So not being great at the communication part doesn't help my chances. Also I can't remember the last time a girl around my age even came up just to talk to me or show any interest in me as a person at all. It probably hasn't happened in the last two years since the girl I was dating actually wanted to talk to me. Also I just graduated college so I'm around a lot less people my age now and my odds just don't seem very good.

• We met in 1967 and we're still happily married together.

• I'm proud of you for making the effort to keep the relationship alive! It's very rare nowadays to see married couple last more then 10 years in a relationship due to a lack of communication and trust. May I ask how you and your wife built a strong foundation together while dating and being married?

• #1 and #2 are the biggest hurdles i'm going to have to deal with if I want a girlfriend.

• What makes you say that if I may ask? :)

• He's learning to be more open, something that is hard to do for most guys.
      At on stage he didn't talk to me for around 4 days only if it had something to do with the kids did he speak to me.
      It makes a person feel really unsure about the relationship, makes them feel lonely inside.
      He hasn't done this for over a year now so all's good so far, fingers crossed.

• @Goodwifie I'm sorry you feel that way. I feel like I understand why he is that way.

• Thank you for this well thought out mytake. Unfortunately I'll never experience it.

• You're welcome! Have you ever been in a relationship before and if you have, what would the reasons be for it ending as it did?

• I have not. And at this rate, will not.

• Same stuff you hear all the time. Doesn't mean its not true, it's probably why we hear it all the time

• Done and done! Great take. So we're now officially healthy for the most part. 👍

• Thanks for letting me know these things. This is a great myTake

• Just wait till you find out she's fucking your best friend. :)

• I'm in a very healthy relationship

• Great thoughts.

• 8) Obedience. The woman does as she's told.

• Excellent take!!!