Abuse, It is Unwanted and Unnecessary

Abuse it is unwanted and unwarrented

You may ask what does unwarrented mean if you are unsure.

Definition: not justified or authorized.

The Circle Of Abuse
The Circle Of Abuse

Many incidents go unreported every single day, why might you ask?

There could be several reasons; either a man or a woman could be threatening their partner that they would kill them if they go to the cops.

Many are ashamed, it is time to step OUT towards violence, get out if your partner is threatening you, go to the cops get people to testify for you and get a restraining order, YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE ABUSED.
No one deserves it. Do not let anyone think you deseve to be abused wether in relationships or in family, you're the one whom is suffering for it.

I was brought up in a family who was very verbally abusive (My mother) and to this day I still have scars I still hurt, I cry when I remember something because of something that happened. I was belittled a lot, was made that I couldn't cry. I would run and hide in my bedroom for hours every day.

Do Not Be Ashamed you’re not the only one that is being abused several others are abused every single day.

My husband is a survivor of verbal and physical abuse: he was previously married, his ex wife used to verbally abuse him every single day, and towards the end when he left, she threatened him with a knife, she roughed up his shirt to choke him, he got away, I am not really entirely sure how but he managed, he went straight to his mom's got photographs for proof against her and called the cops.

The one thing I think would bring it out towards one thinking they may have that much power, keep in mind if you’re one of these people reading this take yes I’m talking directly to you.

Dominance Submissive relationships.

Definition power and influence over others.

supremacy, superiority, ascendancy, preeminence, predominance, domination, dominion, mastery, power, authority, rule, command, control, sway;

l"a position of political dominance"

You do not need to give one this much power over you, you’re putting yourself in a vulnerable position. Let roles fall into place as they happen, not be dominant because you “can be”

More than 40% of domestic violence victims are male.

(statistics) found on this page

http://www.thehotline.org/resources/statistics/

About two in five of all victims of domestic violence are men, contradicting the widespread impression that it is almost always women who are left battered and bruised.

On average, 24 people per minute are victims of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner in the United States — more than 12 million women and men over the course of a year.

Nearly 3 in 10 women (29%) and 1 in 10 men (10%) in the US have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by a partner and report a related impact on their functioning.

Nearly, 15% of women (14.8%) and 4% of men have been injured as a result of IPV that included rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

1 in 4 women (24.3%) and 1 in 7 men (13.8%) aged 18 and older in the United States have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

Abuse Has No Place IN LOVE
Abuse Has No Place IN LOVE

More than 1 in 3 women (35.6%) and more than 1 in 4 men (28.5%) in the United States have experienced rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.

Nearly half of all women and men in the United States have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner in their lifetime (48.4% and 48.8%, respectively.

Females ages 18 to 24 and 25 to 34 generally experienced the highest rates of intimate partner violence.
From 1994 to 2010, about 4 in 5 victims of intimate partner violence were female.

Most female victims of intimate partner violence were previously victimized by the same offender, including 77% of females ages 18 to 24, 76% of females ages 25 to 34, and 81% of females ages 35 to 49.

Do Not Be Afraid Take A Stand Against Violence it must end!

#letsendviolence

xbutterflykisses87x

716

Most Helpful Guys

• When someone treats me like that. It would be relationship over. That's a good MyTake. Of course maybe that kind of a partner could go to get some kind of help and then come back as a better partner.

• Thank you, it turns out at that point their marriage was over. She cheated on him with quite a few guys

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 14

• Actually those statistics are wrong (generally they come from very bias sources). According to the CDC/NCVS 70% of all non reciprocal violence is perpetrated by women against men: www.saveservices.org/.../
    So it would indicate that their is probably greater abuse towards men then women (this itself is more then likely due to the fact that women get away with it, we don't view women as abusers nor men as victims which allows this behavior to go unchecked because we don't look at it as abuse (Jezebel unintentionally proved this with their article titled, "Have you ever hit your boyfriend because, uh, we have": Have You Ever Beat Up A Boyfriend? Cause, Uh, We Have": Have You Ever Beat Up A Boyfriend? Cause, Uh, We Have" ). jezebel.com/.../have-you-ever-beat-up-a-boyfriend-cause-uh-we-have

Men also get raped at the same rates: http://time.com/3393442/cdc-rape-numbers/

Not dismissing what happens to women, far from it, but rather trying to show that its absolutely equal as this false belief of a one sided abuse is exactly what allows for so much violence to take place to begin with (and why their are so few resources for men even though they are half the victims, and very little recourse for them legally (for instance its always stated that women are more likely to be killed by a spouse but this ignores that courts routinely rule in favor of women even when its clear that the woman is the guilty party (as happened with the famous boxer Arturo Gattii who's death was ruled as natural causes despite the fact that his body had high levels of alcohol and muscle relaxents, contusions and abrasions on his neck that matched his wifes purse strap, and the purse strap itself has traces of his blood on it and she was in the room (by her own admission) with him for over ten hours while he was dead without noticing all after he had very loudly informed her that he intended to divorce her.).
    www.monitor.co.ug/.../index.html
    Otherwise yes I agree with what you have stated (though to be fair I feel it shouldn't have to be stated because I don't think any one doesn't believe abuse is bad, its just a matter of how prevalent it is and who is the victim that many people don't get (as well as the staying with abusive people, that confuses many as well).

• Those statistics are false. Typical of a feminist to quote false and misleading statistics in order to make men look bad. So so brainwashed.

• Noticed I mentioned men too? What makes you think they are false

• They are false because feminists and the government have broadened the definition of abuse, and there is zero evidence to show that the statistics are true. Feminists and the government pull shit out of their ass all the time and tell people that it's all facts.

• Nice take. I always found it weird that we have pets like dogs because we had to abuse them to make them so they wouldn't be wild and become used to us but yet people are okay with that and still have pets today but once a person gets abused it is the end of the world like wtf.

• Thanks for including stats about male victims in there. Very good mytake.

• PrettyRegular 5 Xper Age: 17
    1d
    When someone treats me like that. It would be relationship over. That's a good MyTake. Of course maybe that kind of a partner could go to get some kind of help and then come back as a better partner.

• Interesting, because before I thought abuse was wanted and necessary. Good thing I read this!

• eh. I think a lot of "abuse" happens because people let it happen or want it to happen. In Georgia for instance, you can literally go get an emergency court hearing, talk to a judge, and he can ban your spouse for 14 days or more from going to your shared home or communicating with you in any way, directly or indirectly, while having to still continue to provide support/pay the bills.

That's without the spouse being arrested or charged with any crime, or even getting to talk to the judge.

Now, in reality, look at Chris Brown. He literally beat the shit out of his girlfriend, a famous singer. What horrible thing happened? Well, she bought him a million dollar sports car for his birthday. On twitter, loads of teenage girls were talking about how he was a good guy and they'd happily let him beat them up.

• ANOTHER abuse Take. C'mon ladies and gentlemen, this has been on the site thousands of times. We know, ABUSE IS BAD. It obviously is. Unfortunately, you have those people, like you have racist people, like you have criminals. I literally was rolling eyes constantly when reading this Take.

Also, the points are very debatable. What falls under stalking? Or psychological aggression? Or physical violence? I actually know a girl who considered someone checking her out ''stalking''.

Since media in the U. S. can provide fake news or assumptions, like they did when stating that the released photos of immigrants camps in America , I barely trust American sources anymore.

• If it were wanted, it wouldn't be abuse, it would be consensual kink.

• If good English is standard, then it's clear you break the standard for self-aggrandisement...

lol.

#funnyhypocrite

• So whiny. LOL

• Also, water is wet and the sun is hot.

• I want it

• True.

What Girls Said 6

• Lol

So some random 18 year old guy wrote a Take on Mental Health and is randomly using your Take to justify why his is good. It's @kingkennys but he blocked me after accusing me of liking this Take and not his (even though I never heard of your Take lol)

Just thought you should know. And I still didn't read this Take.

• You mean is it unwarranted ! Nobody says it is warranted, they do it for control or because they enjoy it, they do not care what other people think, and certainly not what the victim thinks. Why not, but be cautious about how you tell her so you do not lose a friendship. There is a great new group for Women only - free - on facebook - come and join in the latest topics - this week we are taking about would you stay with a cheat? Hear what the other women have to say and get their support of you need it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/279539472814109/

• well done, fully support

• Good take I want to reach xper2

• Great Take

• Nice mytake