5 Signs That Your Relationship is Over

This is what heartbreak looks like when it's over, because of how it impacts those closest to you.....this poor dog has witnessed the slow break up of his human parents. He is heartbroken. His human parents are heartbroken too.... pity they can't have a talk about it anymore.

1. Conversation ends.

Picture this, you try to talk, but get nowhere, or any attempt at conversation winds up an argument.

2. Romance dies.

Despite going out of your way and making an effort, the other person just can't be bothered....they have more important and pressing matters to attend to.....anything at all as long as it doesn't involve you.

3. Avoidance Mode

This is when you purposely go out of your way to avoid someone and alienate them from your life in the hopes that they'll get the hint and get lost.... this is like a cancer in your soul....it's toxic and lethal to the relationship....it's really best to address it directly.

4. The Silent Treatment

Finally, both of you reach a point where you are no longer on speaking terms. Just end the misery and break up before it gets worse....

5. It Gets Worse

This is the point it can get ugly and violent....and wind up on the evening news because blood has been spilled, and a manhunt or high speed pursuit is underway because one of you finally just snapped and went berserk.

If any of this sound familiar to you in your current relationship, then it's time to end it and move on. Why stay and be miserable? What's the use?

What is your take?

1111

Most Helpful Girls

• You drove the nail deeper with that dog and his story. Excellent myTake @PIGVOMIT72! This gives a clear picture of the sequence of events leading up to "pity they can't have a talk about it anymore" stage. If the relationship can no longer be saved, let's all pray & hope that couples don't reach that "it gets worse" point.

• His name is Tokyo. He's 7 years old. binarybabe001 and myself are his human parents.

• exactly. she's doing her, I'm taking care my own business and trying to start my life over by myself without her.

• 1d

@PIGVOMIT72: Thanks for the other MHG. :)

• Men are good at this. From a day to another they suddenly shut down or start a random fight to initiate a break up

• Ok, I get that... I have been guilty of that. Still, that goes both ways. You gals do the same thing when something is eating you... you just lash out at a guy at random... sorry, I've endured this treatment in the last few months...

• @DatGuy2018 I don't date girls so I only know how guys are good at this and they are. When it comes to women it is simply not mentioned in my comment. Did you personally recognize your own behaviour maybe...

• It be odd to recon such thing if I'm the one who's gotten dumped a long time ago as where she was the one with the symptoms.. (sure i played a small part in that too, i admit).

Most Helpful Guys

• It is better to just end the relationship altogether if both partners really don't want to be together anymore and don't want to try anymore to fix and make it work again. Just let it all go. Things happen, wipe the slate clean and start all over from scratch, take what they've learned and do the best that they possibly could to not repeat the same mistakes again in their future relationship, otherwise they'll be completely back to square one all over again, with history repeating itself again, and again, and again. Happens even with regular friendships when things simply just don't work out anymore and there are conflicts of interest, where compromise becomes difficult.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 9

• 1. you feel that you are not heard
    2. you feel you are the one putting in the effort
    3, you feel alone despite the fact you are in a relationship
    4. you feel that you doubt your own inner feelings either alone or influenced by the words of your partner
    5. you feel the red flags, you can re call them, live them over and over, only when you are ready to accept them and trust your gut will you accept this relationship is not healthy and only then if you decide and call it WILL IT BE OVER xx

• I agree with all these points, my last relationship was this way except there were signs he still loved me and sent mixed signals so I was confused. The best thing to do it end it no matter what, do not waste time forcing it to happen.

• oh no. I'm scared.

• Thanks for a good laugh. Sometimes fearless is good. Sometimes it's detrimental.

• I agree.

• I agree with these points... interesting...

• The dog is very cute.

• Rest in spaghetti, never forgetti

• I agree with all these points

• Sure

What Guys Said 9

• media1.tenor.com/.../tenor.gif
    Sounds just like my wife.

Can't get divorced because I'm Asian. Also she might kill me.

• Why can't you get divorced?

• Ok but for what reason? Even if you don't have kids?

• @Sonjita It's somewhat cultural and somewhat religious, and it varies from region and religion.
      Marriage is generally considered to be a sacred bond and although divorce is allowed (legally) breaking this bond is something that is considered bad and detrimental to a family and society.
      Most people don't rush into marriages either, there's a lot of customs like the dowry and marriage contract. A lot of people don't marry for love either.

• Then there‚Äôs all the stuff you have to stay together for. The house, the house debt, the children, the 401k, and avoiding the lawyers getting 1/3 of your wealth.

• Why?

Children.
    Passing phase.
    Mutual support.
    Money.

All fairly depressing reasons, I grant you, but valid, none the less.

• Disrespect is a major one. Once a person in a relationship doesn't respect you, its them basically saying you mean trash to me.

• She said that he tripped and fell inside of her while she was bending over to clean up the floor without pants on.

• This is a pretty extreme list. What about a list if it hasn't yet reached all these points?

• She disappears for days at a time.

• the dog is very nice

• I agree with the points