Stop Making Homosexuality Such A Big Deal

Well,hello everyone.

It's me again.

So I don't know I'm so happy that I became an Editor again that I feel like I have another 10 takes to write in one single day lmao.

Anyway I saw a MyTake recently that talks about Bi-sexuality and all that stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have the tinest problem with people that identify themselves as bi-sexuals or homo-sexuals. After all it's their life,their bussiness, they can do whatever they want to and as long as they are happy for who they are I support them and wish them all the best in life.

But

I really don't understand some things that they do if they so called have accepeted themselves.

If you really have accepeted who you are,you don't need to scream your choices in every chance you get, neither need others to accept or agree with you.

Cause you simply don't really care, you are okay with yourself and that all that matters.

You aren't really happy with your decisions or how life turned out for you if you make such a big deal out of your choices all the damn time.

So basically...You are searching for acceptance that you can't give yourself.

I'm one of those people who really believe that if you are proud for who you are, you should be open to express it... But this is different.

Being gay,straight, bi-sexual or whatever isn't an achievment.

It's something that came natural to your life ad you'll live by it because there isn't a choice on it.

Everybody does it every day.

Maybe in the past, or even now there are countries or/and people who dissaprove your actions or way of living.

But there are people who will dissaprove every and each one of us for every possible thing.

There might be people who will call you out for your sexuality, and the same people might call me out for my nationality and someone else for their looks.

All 3 hurt the same, but you need to accept that these people exist and they are actually needed for the world.

Your sexuality isn't anyone's bussiness but yours, none else except you,needs or have to know about who you prefer having relationship with.

And before you jump on me and attack me because I somehow offended you and start telling me things like "But they always talk about me being gay/bi." or " They are paying attention to my sexuality."

Let me tell you that, no other makes homosexuality such a big of a deal than homosexuals themselves.

We live in 2018.

The ones that wanted and were able to accept that there are people different that then who prefer the same gender as sexual partners,have already done it by now.

By repeating the same things about how being "gay" or " bi-sexual" it's something natural, you only achieve to tire people that have heard these a million times before and not changing anyone's mind.

Also by presenting examples like "everyone deep down is gay or bi-sexual" you won't make a difference, personally when I hear these things I either get annoyed because of how dumb they sound or just laugh because I assume that this person that said that must have had a pretty shitty dating expirience.

Not everyone will accept you, cause after all they don't have to.

What you need to do instead of trying others to accept your choices, is to accept yourself and live your life.

That's it for today babydolls.

Till next time, stay sassy.

- AngelicEmpress

1151
AngelicEmpress is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• If someone is gay, transgender, or bisexual than great for them. I wish you happiness. But do not be forceful on your lifestyle because not everyone views it the same way. I can understand wanting the same rights to marry and have children, and express your love in public, but it does get annoying when the LGBT group wants everyone to accept them because of their sexuality and no other reason. Is your personality not enough now? Why let your sexuality define you? Why not just let it be a part of yourself?

• I agree with all that is said above, They are simply bored cause there getting there way , and when a new fish comes along they will "fight" for it Just another day in "I need something to bitch about"

• Good take. I think most of the conflict comes from mandated acceptance and celebration of their lifestyle. It is one thing to expect that all citizens have the same basic rights and right to self determination. It's another thing entirely to deny private citizens the right of free association in their private personal and professional affairs.

• @xkildy Exactly. The sign, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone," is at the core of free association. If you don't want to do business with someone, you should not be required to give any reason whatsoever.
      If you are willing to pass up revenue, that is up to you, one of your competitors will pick up the business. That is the nature of market competition, as he now has a niche. You may gain business based on your stance, or you may lose business, but that should be YOUR determination to make.

• Thank you , At least I'm not alone in this <3 But sadly this happen ,
      www.wsj.com/.../court-rules-baker-cant-refuse-to-make-wedding-cake-for-gay-couple-1439506296
      . And then later this happen
      www.usatoday.com/.../</a>

Most Helpful Girls

• I couldn't agree more
    I really don't understand what's the point of Gay Pride
    Homosexuality is an orientation so how can someone be proud because they're gay or straight or bisexual? Don't people have better anything to do? Why do the feel the need for validation all the time?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 49

• Absolutely spot on.

Homosexuality isn't any kind of an achievement, and it shouldn't - ever - be treated as if it is.

The increasingly vocal and explicit demands that homosexual militants make upon other people to 'accept' them are inappropriate and offensive.

• Honestly what bothers people more than knowing someone being homosexual, if it ever bothers them, is it being constantly shoved down their throats, even homosexual people bragging about it.
    Most people know you're fay because you're constantly saying it, as if it was something to be proud of, a great achievement, that makes you better than anyone.

• And, I must add, it doesn't help that the day they celebrate (as if having a sexual orientation needed to be celebrated) they just parade around looking like sextoy ads, making out, and behing super sexual in public, mostly in front of children. Is it what being proud of being gay is? Looking like a perv in public?

• @blubblubblub no it is wrong for them to act like animals in front of kids it is sickening.

• @blubblubblub @Guanfei
      I see both sides of the arguments however I'll agree with the french guy, only because he seems less biased, explains better and attacks much elss than you do.

• I grew up thinking that LGBT people (generally speaking) just wanted to be seen as 'normal'. Nowadays it does seem that many of them want to be seen as special.

• Homosexuality is a tragic birth defect that we should be trying to prevent and treat. When someone tries to normalize it then all the gruesome things that hurt the homosexual now get dumped on society as well. We should be protecting the civilization we depend on for our survival from harm. The problem is the far left uses people like homosexuals as political pawns. They lie and pander to these people telling them exactly what they want to hear to get their support. Nothing more. Anyone who thinks the far left is their friend should watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4&t=173s

• I disagree! Being gay, bi, trans (fill in the blank) - is no more of a 'choice' than me being straight. My point is that, in my opinion, it is not a choice at all, but it is how we are 'wired' at birth. I feel for non-straights because who would WANT that kind of negative attention (from people who don't understand them).
      I applaud the OP of this article because I have been thinking and saying what she said for a long time now. Basically - "so... you're gay... OK... great... next".

• its not a birth problem they have just accepted sin

but all glory goes to my GOD above the dome
      Jesus Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2L6KepPgEA

• I found this article completly by accident, but I completly agree with it. It almost perfectly matches my thoughts on homo/bi/ace/whatever. If you are you then great, there are more important things than you either reaffirming something that is a fact and protesting oppression that doesn't exist. I feel like being homo/bi/ace/strait is just a worn out and solved politicle issue.

• 1 man + 1 woman= real love, real sex, real feelings, real marriage and a real family, everything else are just acceptable because they have no choice but this doesn't mean that they are right!

• You don't seem to have had any experience in living a life where a fundamental aspect of your life meets with scorn, derision, lies and contempt from the people around you.

If you had, maybe you'd be more sympathetic to these people.

This is no different than when inter-racial couples talk loudly about how happy they are, and want to shut up the bigots. They aren't doing it because they are internally unhappy, as you seem to think. They are doing it because bigotry still exists, bigots still spread lies, and the best way to combat those lies is to loudly and vociferously speak the truth.

They aren't trying to change the minds of the bigotted religious and intolerant assholes of the world. They are rebutting the lies and bullshit that bigots still spread even today.

• I had very hard expiriences in my life actually, not because of my sexuality but because of my nationality.
      People tend to hate me or assume things about me just because of where I am from, the thing is that I've accepeted that people can be assholes sometimes and they may hate me and want to harm me for things I can't change.

I also said that they can do whatever they want as long as theya re happy themselves, my opinion just is that if someone screams so loud and want acceptance from others so bad then he/she isn't really happy with who he/she is.

These asshole slike I've stated already multiple times, won't change.
      Instead of trying to make them accept something, why don't you just live your life and fuck em?

• Yeah but you don't make any sense.

• To a 16 year old? No surprise. Maybe when you're older.

• That is a very true sentiment and can be widened to include a lot of groups and people - I prefer just identify as human and as a individual - You can be proud without being in anyone else's face - Well done, good take

• Neither side helps, LGBT parades don't help to normalise homosexuals neither does hating on them.

Leaving them to their own devices and letting them have a relationship in peace is a good idea.

• I don't think people should hate gays I don't but I also don't think they should push it on people so hard like every TV show has a gay character now even if it doesn't really fit the show it is like they try so hard to push it like it is a normal thing but I really never met a gay person in my life except for 1 teacher in high school so a lot of people never met 1 in their life and they will never accept it.

• That's a lot of words but I'm not really very clear about the point you are trying to make. I can't agree that no one cares if you are gay or not. Is your point somehow against gay peoples fight for Equality? I'm not sure but it it try to remember it's been illegal to love your partner or touch them in public for a log time and still is in many places. Lots of people do take issue with gay people. You say being gay is a choice, it isn't.

• I never even said that "no one cares if you are gay or not" quite the opposite actually, I said that some people will always care but you should just ignore them and live your life.
      I also never said being gay it's a choice, where the hell did you read that? I said it's something people don't choose and comes natural.

• I call BULL*** on the fact that it's not a choice , are you a machine being programmed or are you a human that has his or her own will.. TO DO what they fell like when they want !!! A choice is made when you wake up when you move your body when you think , speak , answer the phone , a choice is made when you open your eyes , you open the door, a choice is made when you look for a "lover" a choice is made to comment to that lover , Are you saying that some people HAVE NO CHOICE in there own LOVERS"?

• Show more from Guys
    39

What Girls Said 9

• "no one needs to know about you prefer to have a relationship with" human sexuality is something everyone embraces! it's natural, you'd talk about how much you love guys yeah? but if its a guy talking about it suddenly he's up in everyone face about his sexuality.

being discriminated against does not feel nice, you can't tell them to just be quiet and sit in the corner and accept themselves while people hate them for being who they are. lemme remind you that for centuries being gay could literally get you killed, STILL DOES in some countries. let them embrace who they are in spite of all the negativity. what's so wrong with more loveeeee

• I agree. She sounds a bit more annoyed at gay people, than anything.

• @WitchsLove I'm not annoyed with anyone who belongs in the LGBTA communiuty and that's offensive of you to say.

• im saying them talking about their sexuality is normal, its natural, and for some reason people get a whole lot more offended when its a homosexual being open about their sexuality than a straight person. and it still is a big deal, you can't just brush things under the carpet and just pretend there's no problem. this isn't just a little hate from the h8ers that you can move on from. they're a whole group, who have a very dark past of being outcasts in society, seeking societal acceptance and you can't just tell to shut up and quit making a big deal out of it. it would be great to finally get to the point where homosexuality really isn't that big of a deal, where its so accepted that its something that doesn't need to be celebrated, or where their expression of sexuality isn't put down. but we really aren't at that point yet.

• Thank you for covering this, it's a problem in the LGBTQ+ community that bothers me lol

• I mean honestly. Being gay has been around for like A LONG time even in the medieval days, sure you could had been executed but it was still there. In ancient rome people had multiple sex partners of different sexes. "Why not have both" 😌

• If anyone's seen the movie "Love Simon" (It's a homosexual love story basically...) he makes the point where its unfair that heterosexuality is the default and that you have to "come out" if your homosexual or bisexual.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tW_Xl8yokA
    I think that whoever you choose to be you should be proud of yourself, and you should be yourself, but you shouldn't force your opinions onto others.

• i mean... heterosexuality is the default because 97% of all organisms are biologically male or female with the biological makeup to reproduce heterosexually. the other 2.99% do so asexually. not to say i don't agree with homosexuality (i do... as if it's really my business and affects my well being), but let's be honest. now, if you were to say it's unfair that homosexual/bisexual people should feel pressure to come out as such, then yes. it should be as normal as anything else, like telling people you're going to the store.

• I’m okay with gays. But it’s the behavior of most gays that annoy me just like vegans.

• I really don't care. I'm okay with myself.

• 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Good take.

• I love this!! 100% agreed.
    Good take!! ^_^ :) :3