What does it mean "I need you?" A different way of saying "I want you?"

For instance, as opposed to saying they "want you." I believe there is a slight difference in the two, but what could it mean for someone to say, "I need you," to someone, from either a male or female's perspective? Personally a guy once said he "needs" me. It wasn't a sexual reference, more so an emotional and purely intimate one, but I still find myself curious to know what he meant precisely. What does it mean "I need you?" Boys and girls welcome to answer! ♡

2248

Most Helpful Guys

• need you... it means that he need your attention, friendship or conversation. As for me, it is the first step to your future relationship

• "I need you" means that they need you in their life.. You give them something that they feel gets them through the day sometimes.. He could have meant you wanted to be with you too.. LOL..

Most Helpful Girls

• Well I need you can mean various things. You made a good point in your detail the difference between needing and wanting someone however people tend to abuse the word "need".

Like you said need can mean it's original meaning to rely on someone in a mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional context. But unfortunately as I mentioned before people may say need when they really mean want.

The only real way to tell is judging the statement. Think about who's telling you this and what are their motives. What's your relationship like? What are previous and following sentences? And it'll be pretty plain to see if they meant "need" or "want".

• When someone says "I need you" then you are part of the daily structure of their lives. You provide emotional support that maintains their mental well being and they feel safe with you. We all need at least one pet, human that helps us maintain center. To be needed means that you have more value than you could ever fathom.

• Possibly the most well-written, and thoughtful response on here. Thank you so much. 😍😊💞