Where do you expect a relationship to be after 1.5 years?

1429

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on age and the couple in mind but for me personally I expect to have moved in and decided to marry or not. At 6 to 9 months you move in and if one person doesn't move out after 9 months you have a keeper. You'll probably figure out whether you can live together permanently and if s/he is the one pretty fast. I'd expect to be absolutely convinced she's the one by 1.5 years. If she isn't I would not wait 1.5 years to exit. I'm 43 and don't have the luxury of time.

• You lost me after "expect"... the key to a relationship is not to expect shit. the moment you do... to kick off a tiny dust storm that eventually turns into a tornado.
    When guys ask a girl out... they dont EXPECT... they just have an interest and want to explore it... and depending on how far it gets, they can leave, propose, marry... depends.
    The difference between guys and girls is that one EXPECTS things to go a certain way (take a wild guess what gender that is), the other one is just happy to be in a relationship, and wants to see where it goes.

Most Helpful Girls

• This is a bias question really, as there isn't really a build up quota in relationships. Everyone has their own speeds of comfortsbility that they have or desire in a relationship, and they shouldn't feel pressured to be a certain way with their partner because they feel obligated too. Any solid relationship takes time to adjust and make into the match one wants in a match. So it's best to talk things over with your significant other if things aren't going as transitionally smooth as you have hoped it would. Just be open and considerate when receiving the answer, as some people may feel shy about certain things.

• Depends on the age, if I started dating now then at the end of that 1.5 years, I'd be expecting something like a talk about the future (not marriage yet lol) as to whether or not we are going to the same university and if we do then are we going to move in together?(though moving in is not likely because of Hmong customs, it'd be awkward if I moved in with a guy I'm not married to, just the rumors that might spread about me to family)
    Though if I was like 22 and it's been 1.5 years then it's where I'm expecting a marriage proposal (this is just what I think right now though I might push this age back later on). Cause I only expect to date 2-3 years before marrying the person.