Jjpayne: What I believe

Jjpayne: What I believe

Now for this, I ask that gaggers please be respectful. It's ok to say you are an atheist but it's another thing to put someone else down for what they believe. I think that as gaggers we all need to be respectful of each other opinions and beliefs no matter who is writing.

So there is kind of a lot to say but I will try to put it into a nut shell.

I Believe in Hope

Jjpayne: What I believe

Jjpayne: What I believe

I think hope is a great thing. It helps us to believe in and look towards something greater. Hope does not have to be religious but hope defines what I believe. I hope for a life after death, I hope for a God that heals, and I hope to see all those dear to me that have past away that I will one day see them again. Now for those that believe in this, they know. But for me, I still count it as hope. Because it is about believing in things unseen. I don't think there is anything wrong with believing in a higher power and a life after even if it does not happen. I say this not because I believe that but I'd rather die with hope than with emptiness. This is the best way I see this is pascal's wager

Jjpayne: What I believe

Jjpayne: What I believe

Now, I get it. This view causes you to lose part of your live because you in another view you don't fully live it. But I'd like to think that what the bible teaches is mostly correct. What is listed as sin and addiction most people I think would agree they would have preferred to do without those later in life. I also think that wanting to do and follow good is never a bad thing. Which leads me to two keys verses from the bible and the second goes into another point.

Galatians 5:22-23 New International Version (NIV)
"22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

There is no such law against those things! and I think everyone on planet earth would agree with those ideas. They are all worthy traits to work towards.

before I leave the topic of hope, in an non-Christian view, hoping in people, hoping in relationships, hoping in family and friends are all good things. Hope is something important to have and lets others know that they have support even when all seems lost....

and onto my second verse..

I Believe in Love

Jjpayne: What I believe

Jjpayne: What I believe

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 New International Version (NIV)
"4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. " I have not found a greater definition of love than that... that to me is what true love is...

From the words of Jesus this is also said

Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)
36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” The greatest commandments are to love!! and not just those closest to you like friends or family but your neighbors! and to me fellow gaggers

Jjpayne: What I believe

Those are two major pieces of what I believe. Hope and Love. It's hoping in something greater than ourselves and loving past understanding. Loving in its truest form. The best way to sum up what I feel is to leave you with this video. This was short and sweet but hopefully it gives you an idea of what I believe in

66
Jjpayne is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• Well said ! This is such a beautiful take! Thank you for sharing this. I totally agree.

Years ago , when I was going through a really difficult time in my life, it was hope that helped me find the strength to get through it. Without holding onto hope, I'd probably never have made it through. Hope gives us a reason to go on through the most saddest and difficult times of our life

Most Helpful Guys

• Beautiful

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

• Absolutely wonderful... I loved it !!!

You're one classy guy !!!

• great take!

• This is deep. Good job

• This is so beautiful

What Guys Said 4

• All things in nature are finite so the relevant diagram is a tad redundant here :D

The "do wrong to " is ambiguous. It might be considered a wrong if I merely don't agree with someone or I do something that I think is right and they think is wrong.

As for belief, I believe in chaos and entropy :)

• pascals wager is complete nonsensical.

sinfull or "nonmoral" conduct is not "fun". it's horrible and it will make you be horrible short or long term. that's why they came up with that hole "sin" and "hell" thing...

• There's some flaws with Pascal's wager, which I discussed on my Mytake.

• Nice take man