Why it’s okay for Christians to own pets

To me pets are training wheels to human relationships, learning to love and care for pets, teaches you how to love and care for humans and through our pets, we learn moral values like sacrifice, loyalty and unconditional obedience and love. We also learn how beautiful life is when you care for a helpless creature that is totally dependent on you and that helps us understand how God loves us when we are helpless and totally dependent on him. I once read about an atheist who said the first time he ever considered God might be real is when his first child was born and he was overwhelmed with love holding that baby in his arms and seeing that new life which did not exist 10 minutes ago, made him believe in God. The other thing is limiting your own financial obligations will not automatically free up wealth for those who have far less than us and you can help them alongside your pets.

12
5

Most Helpful Guy

• Jjpayne
    Every single christian I know has either owned a pet in their lifetime or been with someone that has. I personally believe that God made us stewards over animals and we are meant to look after them. But I believe owning an animal can also prolong your life too! "Scientists found dog owners were likely to live longer than those who didn't have dogs: Dog owners had a 24% risk reduction for death from any cause, according to the study. For people with heart problems, living with a dog had an even greater benefit, authors said. Oct 8, 2019" Aside from that, pets are never meant to replace human relationships, and If they do, something is likely off balance. Because As people it's proper and right for us to be social with other people
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• collie22
    plus God loves his animals
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

411
  • Hannah_le
    It’s your life and money it doesn’t matter what others will think what are they gonna do take ur pet away Lmaoo. But yea I agree with you it has positive sides but as well they make u happy it’s like a little companion
  • nate_lake
    Who CARES if someone spends thousands of dollars on a pet it's their money not yours but s better question is who spends thousands of dollars on pets that seems pretty silly when you're buying something that'll just shit in your house. You can just go to the Amish and get a dog for free lol. You can't be serious with this question or ever read the Bible because in the first chapter of the entire book it says god gave people dominion over everything on the earth so right there is ur answer
  • kimbim
    I know a christianian girl and she has a lot of pets, but I don't know I think that there are different "levels " of christianity cuz like she does not go to church or talk to invisible people ( "pray" )

But yeah, it's probably hard for the more educated to understand that some people revolve their life around what is written in some random book few hundred years ago

Peace out
  • cth96190
    I prefer animals to people.
    The only females in my bed for the past 20 years have been cats and dogs.
  • Hermes-Paris
    What? Are you serious? Dogs and cats are spies of the divine being sent here to keep an eye on us. Smack your pooch and it gets reported. Laugh at your cat doing something stupid and you will have to answer for it. Be good to your furry family because the fate of your soul may depend on it. We may be owners in the eyes of the law but I don't think we can own any of God's creatures. We really own nothing except our words and our actions. Share our life's with our pets yes. My cat will never be owned.
  • FatherJack
    We are of course animals too , prefer other species to my own , give me ferrets & dogs especially over people.
  • Horny-ashell
    I don't believe that this can only directed towards just Christians but should be directed to everyone. Yes I do believe that having a pet can prepare everyone for the unconditional love from a pet. I can relate to this on a personal level since I had to raise 4 kittens since my cat had passed away a week and a half after giving birth. I have the last one that is still alive and she has been my buddy for some where around 11 years now and she loves me unconditional never gets mad or yells at me for any reason. I do love her more than I could put into words. And I do have grown children. So I can see this in more than one prospective. I do really like this question.
  • KirstyW
    Why would it not be OK for anybody to have a pet?
    • Well some people say it’s wrong to spend thousands of dollars on animals when there are starving kids who Africa who need the dog care money more than the dog does.

• zehrri11
    Pets are likely unconditional obedience and love. The pet is the first friend to people.
  • anmari2001
    Everybody should own a pug
  • Redstang88
    Ummmm, why wouldn’t it be?
  • I love my dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • David_Bayer
    Why wouldn't it be ok for anyone to own a pet?
  • ayomanwya
    Cause it’s okay
  • Anonymous
    not just for Christians, but for all people.