There ARE 76 Genders

76 Different Genders
76 Different Genders

Okay so my stance on the 76 genders is this...

I do not believe that the genetalia in our pants determines our gender. To an extent. I personally believe that if you feel you're a man even though you have A vagina, then you're a man. And vice versa. I don't believe in any of these 76 different genders personally but if its how you feel then I'll respect that even though I disagree.

I believe genderfluid or not have a gender at all is possible in a way. I guess its all a mentality. But the rest "call me ze/zer/zim" etc type of stuff is stupid. If you feel you're a nonbinary gender I'll respect that. I'll just try to avoid calling you by any pronouns at all.

Now the "otherkin" type stuff is absolutely ridiculous, you are not dragonkin or winterkin. Like you've honestly gotta be a bit delusional if you believe you're a snowkin and it offends you when people use the "special snowflake" cliche.

This is just my personal opinion on this stuff, so please be respectful to me/any other commenters. Any hate will be blocked.

(I understand not everyone will agree, But you don't need to be a twat about it.)

51107
SweetHomicidalQueen is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeeeeah no... 2 genders only. The concept of genders was created based on the genitals, that's why it has always been 2 genders defined by the genitals... up until the 21st century when someone decided that genders are no longer defined by genitals... w0t!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgUPWQFP5A

• Wait... what the heck is that last gender "transnigger" (can... can I say that? :/ ). Apparently it's someone who identifies as black despite being a different gender... hmmm sounds like white people wanna be taking advantage of affirmative action ehhhhh
      xD

• *born into of of the two sexes

Most Helpful Girls

• Except that what defines our genders are not just what is in our pants. It is in our blood. In the amount of body hairs we have, in our mammary glands, in our sizes, in our body shapes, in the thickness of our skins, he'll even in the formation of our skulls. In my opinion, to deny all of this is denying your innermost biology. Denying nature. And seriously, mankind has done enough against nature. More than enough.

I think the rise of this whole gender fluidity bull (yes, I call it bull. Not expressing hate here, just calling it as I think of it) in the millennial generation is due to the whole "I want to be a special snowflake" Shit. Just like people having this and that unnecessary stuff intolerances. To make ourselves feel special and to try and get that special attention and treatment that people so crave for. Today's young people are a bunch of attention whores.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 106

• I see. So you aren't actually what you physically are if you don't feel like you are? Interesting.

Physically I'm 5'4". I now identify as 6'5". Any woman who says that I'm too short is clearly a bigot. She should just believe me when I say that I'm tall.

• Your position rests upon the erroneous underlying assumption that there is a distinction between sex and gender. This is false because nature produces nurture - or rather, nurture is the product of nature - meaning that sex and gender are inseparably linked together whether you like it or not. Furthermore, even if your distinction was true, the very concept of gender itself presupposes either an inherent, masculine nature or an inherent, feminine nature to certain actions, behaviors, and characteristics, which, again, are inseparably linked to sex. This renders the distinction moot at best. You say that "otherkin" stuff is insanity - why? What makes it any more insane than your own view that there are more than two genders? The way you feel about this is precisely how I feel about your position. Frankly I am convinced that the ONLY reason this gender (re) definition delusion has gained so much traction is because of weaponized political correctness. Even the scientists - alleged "pillars of objectivity" - have sold out for the sake of fattening their wallets, losing all credibility.

• ¤ there ARE 2 genders and a lot of mental illness

I fixed your sentence. No don't thanks me, it's my pleasure.

• There is a male and a female no matter how hard you try to change or think...

True love, true emotions, true feelings, true sex, true marriage, true family are only made between a man and a woman, that's my honest opinion, you can block me if you don't like it...

• Goodtake. I agree with you. So tired of soceity not persecuting me because I'm not a white hetrosexual straight male.

• Ohhh my f***ing God...
    See, I've been an intellectual liberal for most of my life but it's shit like this that makes me wonder where Hitler is when you need him.

• While there is a very small % of people who are genuinely intersex, not possessing the standard XX or XY genome, other than them there are three genders:

Language: male, female, neuter

Humanity: male, female, mentally ill

• No there isn't there are 2 all the others acre complete hogwash and I do not acknowledge them neither does real none special snowflake science and unbiased real scientists.

All these other genders are about as real and plausible as elves living among us.

No matter what way all these special snowflakes slice it if your born a man then you are a man it doesn't matter what you indenitfy as or surgirically make yourself look like you are still a man same if you were born a woman, that's the way it is period.

• This is the stupidest hot topic ever.
    If the actual definition of gender says that it's all mental, then there is no end to how many genders there can be
    If it's all physical, then it doesn't matter how one feels

If it's both then there are still an endless amount of genders we can pick from.
    There shouldn't be a debate over the word "gender" because it has a definition that we can look up.

• One can feel women or male. One can feel neither. One can not feel like a dragon. People forget that just because you’re offended, it doesn’t mean you’ve won the argument. My beliefs are not facts however, the inability to class yourself as a dragon is a delusion that has been indulged. The fact it’s been encouraged to get to this point is a mild form of mental abuse on society.

• There are biologicaly males and females. The two genders are direct results of the sexes and used to be synonymous until some self-important shits tried to be special snowflakes. Male and female stand for what your chromosomes are.

The only exceptions to those are genetical defects and/or mutations.

• I'm okay with you saying you're a man if you want to be like a man, but that does not make you a man. Hell even born males themselves aren't considered men until they meet certain achievements for that.

No matter how much you call a Banana an Apple, and paint it red, it's still a Banana.

• I swear these are all Unown Pokemons.

There ARE 76 GendersThere ARE 76 Genders

"Can you spot the transgender Pokemon?"

• There are two genders and seventy-four mental illnesses.

• I just have no tolerance for the propagated myth that there are more than 2 sexes/genders, nor that you can simply be whatever you feel at the moment. Sorry, but this whole subject makes me feel nothing but anger

• More proof that gender is bullshit as a concept.

"Demiboy" "butch" gtfo with that shit. "Demiboy" is just a sissy who's a MAN and a butch is just a tomboy who's a WOMAN.

You don't *need* these bullshit labels just to feel special! What the fuck is wrong with people?

• 76? really i am so disappointed.
    WHY STOP THERE? 😆
    make it 1200!! and lets gamble on the fact there would still be a son of a b playing the victim card because he/she/it identifies as being the 1201st, asking for money from the "oppressor"/company/government. fck this bullsht. look at your genitals, you have basically 2+1 options. if you dont like what you get then COPE with it, that trait made humanity survive for long enough, godsake.

• There's only XX and XY and a very, very rare ocurrance of chromosome mutations. In which many are exclusive to a particular sex.

So there's male and there's female. There's nl other way of procreation but from a combination of the two male and female gametes.

If you fail to understand this, you are a moron.

• I think she may be trolling, I mean, look at the pic she posted, it's making fun of the multiple genders idea.

• @AleDeEurope Oh! I scrolled down fast in frustration so I didn't notice the Assasin's Creed nor the Nazi's logo 😂

• Same here hahaha I just assumed it was the real pic until I started reading the rest xD

• You can believe what you want.

You can believe that a dog is a horse if you want.

You'll be just as wrong as you are now.

• So what? If I believe that I am a female monkey, I actually am a female monkey even though I am a Male human? What you believe or think is not always right or have to be right.

• You've got 2 genders. You can be one or the other, if you undergo the proper surgery you can swap between them. Hell you can even be asexual cause that still biologically exists and can happen to a rather decent amount of the population.

But i do not believe in this Heliogender (gender that changes on the weather) and all the other 73 gender bullshit stuff. And stop forcing people to accept the idea of your make-believe title if they don't agree with it.

• Thanks @SweetHomicidalQueen for showing me how much GAG is filled with hateful and ignorant idiots who enjoy being inside their little bubble of comfort where everyone different from them suffers from mental illness. Really, without takes like yours they would all stay hidden but thanks to you now I know who they are.
    PS: Good take, I agree.

• You're a soy boy, cuck and future-rapist. I'm starting the counter for it right at this moment.

By the way, there was a time where beta males like you were simple killed without a second look.

• There are 2 biological sexes. There are a very miniscule number of cases of harmful mutation. And the rest of those are mental disorders. Severe ones at that. Those calling it anything else are merely hateful lunatics that have declared war on biology itself, because it's "too bourgeois."

They are killing the west's ability to think and function with this distracting madness. And the only reason anyone backs it up, is so that they can use an "everyone's doing it" excuse to rationalize whatever bad behavior of theirs they'd rather not admit is harmful to themselves and others.

• The live and let live mentality only works if the person is able to live. When you're mentally ill the things you do can harm or kill you. What's despicable is that far left ideologues use mentally ill people as a weapon to damage the societies they want to take over. They will kill these people when they take power just as they have in the past.

• There are two genders but a veriety of different personalities that is even larger than 72. why not treat people as individuals instead of categorizing them?
    It is still amazing that people were able to come up with 72 different genders driven by the fear of discriminating one of them by not including it to the list. So I honor the creativity

• I believe ther can be more than 2 genders but there is only like 5 more genders such as gendetfluid, male trans, female trans and so on basically the commen ones.

But there is a thing called sex which is whether your a man or woman no matter what gender you have given yourself. And this goes by what ever you got down there.

Ps love your name on here

• There are actually 2 genders and 74 mental illnesses. Also, the pic you posted is making fun of trannies, not listing genders. "mayonnaise", "attack helicopter" and "nazi" are definitely not "genders" aka mental diseases.

• Sorry but you are either may or female, just because you identify and a deadstick hanging from the fecal matter of a dog doesn't make you a dwarf. Your still what your penis or vagina make you to be. Get a sec change otherwise your male or female.

• Gender is a social construct so anybody can call themselves whatever it doesent matter, biologicaly you are male or female though unless your a hemaphrodite so whatever the fuck gender you call yourself it doesent matter it’s your biological sex that matters

• Gender and sex is not the same thing.

Gender is masculinity and femininity. Sex is male and female. There are 2 sexes and 2 basic genders: masculine and feminine. However, some things can be a shade of between masculine and feminine but it usually tilts towards one or the other.

• Masculinity and femininity are not genders. They are traits.

• I'm not the asker. I know there are only 2 genders and those correspond to the 2 sexes. It's the same thing.

• WOW. I am sorry to assume you were the asker. Next time I will check that.

• Show more from Guys
    76

What Girls Said 49

• I want to agree in a way, but this is all mental. I even like the idea of genderfluid, but I even found a video by a lesbian chick who says transgender people are mentally ill and afraid of being gay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9DceYvA60k

• Yes this most likely. Bruce Jenner just wanted to suck a dick and not be called gay.

• Mayonnaise, Nazi, Assassin, Transnigger?
    What the actual hell...
    Given that, I'd like to identify myself as a flaming hot cheeto.
    farm4.static.flickr.com/.../...71_f9386f0fd6_o.jpg

• I thought mayonnaise was an instrument...
      And I identify as a kawaii potato.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfO1veFs6Ho

there are 2 genders... sexual identity is a different question

• There are two genders. Male and female. You don`t need more than two genders to create another human being, and if you agree to this, you believe there are only two genders. You can believe in and stand for what you want, but biology disagrees. It`s all in people`s head to protest against society.

• I see myself as a very liberal person, but then ridiculous trends like this show up, they are labeled as "liberal ideas" and I just want to hide in a basement. There are 2 genders defined by the 23rd cromossomes pair.

• Ohh FFS this is ridiculous
    Male and female that's it and that's all

• Oh my goodness! Wow, I mean, I respect people and their genders, but man, this is too much to keep track of. These need to be consolidated! I've only heard of Female, Male, and Agender, up until this point. I will always try to use a person's correct pronouns, but this is just confusing. You know what, I don't even care what anybody is! I'll just ask what pronouns they use, and use those pronouns. No need for all of this.

• Omg... this world is getting more and more twisted.

• I believe you can be trans, or not the gender you were assigned at birth. I think you can be androgynous or feminine but you are one gender or the other. I don't believe non binary is a thing. I mean I'm fine with someone believing they are but it's not my thing. I accept you for male or female - whether that's your birth gender or not. But that's it.

• There are only three genders: male and female make up more than 99% of the population (someone already called out the XX and XY chromosomes). Every once in a while, someone gets both or half of one, and is a hermaphrodite. This is extremely rare, should not be discriminated against, and is usually surgically and hormonally taken care of in early childhood.

You can mentally believe that you are whatever kind of person you want and you can dress however you want and wear as much or as little makeup as you want, but your gender is a scientist fact that is not changeable. Your DNA is not changeable

This 70-something genders thing is complete BS. Nazi isn't a gender--that was a military who tried to take over the world. Try mentality or psychosis, but that is not a gender

• If someone wants to identify as a homosexual, transexual helicopter and non-binary UNICORN, LET THEM BE!
    You don't personally have to agree with the whole 76 gender thing, but just treat people with respect... PLEASE? All I know is that whatever people are identifying with is not negatively impacting my life in any way so... why am I trying to waste my time being a bitch about it? Let people live their own lives, why are you worrying and bitching about someone who lives differently from you?

• Because there are people who actually expect you to remember everything they identify as and if you don't your this phobic or that phobic. Cis gender has suddenly become and insult term.
      I'm not going to treat people, who don't respect me, with respect. It's earned not given. I don't care what they identify as it doesn't give them the right. That goes for anyone.

• No.

You are a man or a woman. End of.

You can be confused. fine. There are SELECT few who fall there.

Everyone else is either mentally ill or a moron.

I don't identify as a robotic dolphin that is emotionally and sexually confused therefore my gender symbol isn't a dolphin that's been harpooned by a male gender sign.

Even animals know if they are male or female.

a MALE, has a penis and can reproduce by sperm. End of.
    a FEMALE has a vagina and can reproduce by sperm with an egg. End of.

There is no male/female switch surgery that changes that gender traits. It merely mutilates and murders it.

Gender fluid is no such state. I don't wake up feeling a little bit booby and the next day a little bit teste. You are either one or the other.

We need to stop accepting all this mental bullshit. It wasn't done with anything before so why now? Oh wait, "equality!!!"

How about we work or what we are before we enforce the "rules"

• I believe there are 2 genders. If you're trans then whatever gender you're transitioning to is what you are. I do understand people who say they're genderfluid or non binary but that's still just between the 2 genders or just none at all so I don't know where people are getting these crazy numbers lol

• there are males and there are females.

that's it.

• Do you need this many labels this badly to feel special?
    It's getting very difficult to take the LGBT community seriously. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Everyone deserves to be respected and treated equally.
    Just the LGBT community seems to focus on just labeling themselves and others constantly.

• you literally are either born male or female or both... lets talk about it tho
    This kind of shit is confusing our children I don’t want kids walking around confused thinking they’re some alien octopus shit when really they were a girl all along. Like let’s be honest this is getting out of hands, I get every one wants to be special, but there’s bigger problems in the world than this bullshit
    But let’s talk about it

• there's 76 GENDERS but two SEXES but maybe more cause non binary but at this point I don't know but i accept it so deeply cause you can't tell someone what they are feeling is fake if they belive that for example they wanna become a dolphin, like ok cool i stan queen

• There ARE 76 Genders mythical genders but only two real ones.

• No, there are 2 genders. There are 74 special snow flakes. I understand letting people do their own thing and be their own person but when you have someone constantly beating this drum that there things that don't even exist and then ON TOP of that they try to change society for THEIR liking over the vast majority, that's when it becomes an issue. Where did all of these "genders" come from, out of someone's ass? I mean, what the heck is wrong with this generation, we act like a bunch of morons. Pay attention to biology, psychology and DNA. There are TWO genders.

• I wouldn't bug you, I just won't talk to you... who wants to make time to be caring about stupid pronouns when they know what they see. If you want to be my friend, I address you by what I see... if you're transgender until I see boobs, you're a guy and until I stop seeing boobs, you're a girl.

If you bitch about it, I'll get a restraining order... I don't need whiny special snowflakes around me. Since I can't force you to be the gender you we're born with or changed to, you can't force me to call you a pronoun... I have rights too, you basic bitch.

• If you're being scientific in the thought process (Which everyone should be. Facts don't care about your opinions), then there are 4 genders, no more no less.
    Male
    Female
    Hermaphrodite
    None (Because of bacteria)

• Just hate it when people change their gender daily. Like I've met people that do that wtf PICK SOMETHING

• What's between your legs has nothing to do with who you are. You shouldn't have to express yourself based on your gender, you should be allowed to just wear what you want and act how you want. Male is not a personality trait as such it has nothing to do with who you are in the inside.

I believe there is two genders and your gender is based on what's between your legs. But I don't think you should based yourself on your gender. It doesn't matter what gender you are! Just be you.

• Here's a sixteen-year-old know know's what's up!!

Seriously, though. Sit down.

• There is actually a sexual orientation where the person identifies as a cat. Not female, not male, just cat. I think you´re excluding these people, which is utterly prejudiced.

• There are only 2 sexes. Genders (if we’re referring to the new definition of it being a social construct) then I believe they shouldn’t exist. People should just be and go by he or she when it comes to their sex, but gender unless you really physically hate being a male or female shouldn’t matter

• Why , i grew up only knowing 2 and that's all i see

• Whg would it be based on genitals though? There are people with a different chromosome composition (like three X's, or only a Y chromosome), who htus, aren't entirely male or female despite their genitals, and people born with deformations who might not have any genitals at all.

If you're going to base gender on a physical aspect, then use all possible chromosome combinations, that makes much more sense.

Personally though, I do believe your chromosomes define your sex, but gender is more a mentality than anything else. If you have XY chromosomes but feel like you are a woman, than your gender is simply “female“, even though your sex may say something else.
    Who I am to tell people that they AREN'T transgender/bipolar/ or don't feel that way? I'm not in their head. If they identify as any of those 76 or whatever how many there are genders, or as none of them or an extra one, than that's fine with me, I'll respect it.

It doesn't affect me personally and is none of my business.

• The sofa i am sitting on is a gender.
    fight me hoes

• Show more from Girls
    19