Why Marriage is an Outdated Instituation That has No Place in the Modern World

Marriage. To many people, when they hear those words an image of growing together as a couple holding hands comes into mind, or a wedding day celebration with family, music, food, and good times. For others, though, marriage symbolizes a horrible mistake, a mistake that can last a lifetime. In the my Take, I'm going to give 3 reasons why marriage is outdated and pointless.

1: Many marriages today are built on rocky ground

The majority of divorces are initiated by women and the most common reason given for divorce is financial situation followed by unhappiness with the relationship. Women were more likely than men to feel unhappy in marriages as well as wanting to break up compared to men, who prefer to stay together. This is not the 1960s where a man worked and was able to support a wife, kids, and have a house as well as a car, maybe two.

In today's world, both husband and wife have to work and most likely couples have debt, which is synonymous with the 21st century, this burden creates a recipe for disaster, which leads to the question of what is the point in getting married if couples are going to be burdened and struggle to afford a shoe box apartment or small house in a dangerous neighborhood that goes for over half a million dollars not including the other stresses that people face in the 21st century.

2: Half of children being raised today will witness the divorce of their parents...

...as well as almost half of children today not knowing who their father is, less than half of children in today's United States will grow up in a traditional style household. This leads again to the question of why get married when divorce is most likely going to occur. Why marry when a child can be raised by a non-married couple compared to going through a divorce.

No.3: This reason ties into the first reason: we no longer live in the 1950s era...

...and having multiple sexual partners is considered fine and even promoted as great, so what is the purpose of getting married when people are having sex with different people and the amount of sex partners is not looked down upon compared to back then. You can have 2 or 3 friends with benefits and it is fine, so why get married and go through the stress when divorce is likely? When we live in a world where people can live together and have sex with multiple people together, there is really no point to marriage. The world is already overpopulated and both men and women in today's world do not want to settle down...marriage is at a low.

This is my take please share your opinion on marriage.

Divorce in America

2
6

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• AleDeEurope

The West is destroying their family, no wonder our kids are coming out like they are, looking for safe spaces and not knowing who the heck they are.
    Marriage is not outdated, it's less respected than before. Couples are happier in marriages, and kids grow up better in marriages. That's a fact.

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• openthedoors

What's wrong friend no one wants to marry you?
    I would never give up marriage in my life that is one of the things most important to me. Most girls worth living your life with are like that. So take your ideas out of here.

Is this still revelant?
    • Anonymous

I respectfully disagree I would enjoy being with a girl for the rest of my life in a relationship but I don't want to get married, I just don't see the point, your relationship will not change, it is a piece of paper that does not prevent infidelity or other problems, I just don't feel like it is necessary

• It's a sacred bond that is tied by the hands of the Lord. It is not just a piece of paper.

• Remember that not all of us are religious, and still get married

15
  • RegularTK421

I think cohabiting is the best of both worlds. You can enjoy happiness and lifelong companionship without the fear of divorce, alimony, court costs, and loosing half of what you worked so hard in your life to build.

• Saoirse_Nua

Only flaw in your logic is that if too many opt for this strategy it may lead to a repopulation problem and the issues become macro rather than micro. There is probably a happy balance somewhere in the middle between those who want to marry and those who don't.

• Anonymous

To play devils advocate, couldn't immigration combat a declining population?

• Don't mention the "I" word this side of the election, still seems a bit extreme to me - I would leave it as it where people can opt in or out as they choose.

• Anonymous

Fair, I agree people do have a right, and there is always a balance like you mention between those that choose to get married and those that opt out, nice talking to you 👍.

• Dred1614returns

The leftists are launching an assault on the family. That's what makes marriage look bad.

• Library

I totally agree. I hate marriage.

• LiveFreeorDieHard

I agree. There really using a point.

• Adigelunar

nice post*