Personally, I would prefer an alternative wedding cake. While wedding cakes look very pretty, they have so much frosting that they taste terrible. Even if there is a little bit of frosting on a piece of cake, I will scrape it off before I eat it. To me, frosting is basically clumpy sugar butter. This is also a great way to save money. Couples tend to spend a ton of money on the cake, just for it to not be eaten. Even though a picture of a gorgeous wedding cake is Instagram totally worthy.
1. Crepe cake
2. Rice Krispie Treat Cake
3. These are called naked cakes. They're basically cakes that have no frosting. Instead they're decorated with fruit.
5. Wedding pie
6. This is a wedding cheese wheel. It's so Dutch to have a cheese wheel instead of a wedding cake, I love it.
7. Instead of a regular sized cake, each piece is a mini cake of its own.
8. Dessert table for the picky eaters, those with allergies, or are undecided.
9. Donuts for the guests, mini cake for the bride and groom.
10. Lemon Mousse
11. Waffle bar. Leslie Knope would be proud.