Please do not waste your life on Drugs

akanetuk

Please do not waste your life on Drugs

A 19-year-old beautician who died after taking Ecstasy on a night out has been identified as Lauren Atkinson. She was found dead after taking the party drug during an all-night rave with girlfriends in Manchester, United Kingdom. Paramedics tried to resuscitate the teenager but was she was pronounced dead at the scene. Four people have since been arrested by police investigating Lauren's death.

Shocked Friends have said they would do anything to 'go back in time' to prevent their friend taking the drug.

Ecstasy is the more common street name for 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine—a substituted amphetamine drug also known as MDMA. This is a synthetic chemical, with complex effects that mimic both methamphetamine

The drug is known by many names including:

E.

X.

XTC.

Scooby snacks.

Roll.

Beans.

Ecstasy came under scrutiny in 1985 when the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) banned its use due to its potential as an agent of brain damage. Today, it remains on the list of drugs prohibited from sale or use.

SHORT-TERM EFFECTS OF ECSTASY

Impaired judgment

False sense of affection

Confusion

Depression

Sleep problems

Severe anxiety

Paranoia

Drug cravings

Muscle tension

Faintness and chills or swelling

Involuntary teeth clenching

Blurred vision

Nausea

LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF ECSTASY (MDMA)

Long-lasting brain damage affecting thought and memory

Damage to portions of the brain that regulate critical functions such as learning, sleep and emotion

It is as if the brain switchboard was torn apart, then rewired backwards

Degenerated nerve branches and nerve endings

Depression, anxiety, memory loss

Kidney failure

Hemorrhaging

Psychosis

Cardiovascular1 collapse

Convulsions

Death

Please do not waste your life on Drugs
2
1

Most Helpful Girl

• ginny_weasley
    Great my take to raise awareness. My cousin had a history of drug abuse and abusive boyfriends. Last week she was brutally murdered by her boyfriend. My aunt and uncle are afraid we won't see justice because the justice system never seems to take pity on people who used drugs. Victim blaming is everywhere in the justice system. Still doesn't excuse her murderers actions. The worst part is that she was genuinely on the right track towards a good life. Hopefully the jury sees that. My mom is a psychiatrist and she told me that people rarely die as a direct result of the drugs. Like doing a night of heavy drinking or drug activity and getting into a car and dying in an accident. It's not a good life to be caught up in. A life of drug addiction has no mercy.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• ibodi
    I think death is better to live in lost control to pee and poop
    and keep on relying on drug.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

10