Is Canada Still Safe or Has it Become More Dangerous Than Ever Before?

Shootings and stabbings are not only the US's problem but also Canada's

Like now almost every day you hear there is a shooting or a stabbing or shit like that! Before, the idea used to be foreign but now it is actually pretty common!!! It isn't even safe to go and play in the play ground any more! It was just 2 days ago these two girls were shot! --->
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/06/14/two-children-shot-in-scarborough-paramedics-say.html

Then like a month ago one of my family friends got shot ELEVEN times and his friend that was sitting right beside him got killed. (this story was in the Toronto star like last month but now I can't find it.)

Like, whats good mate? Why are y'all shooting little kids and ruining family lives? Kids can't even go to the playground and have some fun in the park without being afraid that they are going to be killed! What is your problem! What have those innocent children done to you that you thought you could go and kill them. Even if the two children that were shot in the playground two days ago werent meant to be shot but the shooter still WENT IN THE PLAYGROUND WHERE THERE WERE LITTLE CHILDREN AND TWO LITTLE GIRLS STILL GOT SHOT!!!

This doesn't relate to shooting and stabbings or whatever but I'm sure you must've heard about the Van incident where 10 people were killed and quite a few were injured, I think 15 or 16 people.

there was the Quebec City mosque shooting where 6 people, 6 innocent people who just went to the mosque to worship their lord were killed and 19 others were injured!

Can't y'all mind your own business and not go and try to kill people? Why do you want to do all this shit in the first place when y'all know you are going to get caught? The guy who killed the girls was found around 7 hours ago today so within 2 days the guy was caught.

One good thing I have to say about this country is that the police force is extraordinaire! Hats off for y'all good work! Now I know people are gonna say why can't the police stop this shooting bs. well they can't watch over you 24/7. Can they? Well they sort of do but that is not my point! Y'all have to learn to make your own decisions.

632

Most Helpful Guys

• Firstly people need to justify owning guns by civilians.

• @TripleAce I know it's seriously messed up. I wish we had the death penalty here.

actually some homeless people will commit small crimes and get caught on purpose just to go to jail in the winter. they get a bed, blanket, and free food.

Where I live it's pretty much everyone is on their own. we don't have too much gang activity except for the drug deals.. however earlier this year we had the first real gang activity I've seen in my neighborhood. about 70 people on this small lawn starting a riot with guns, knives, other shiny things in the dark.. surrounding this house. that happened to a few houses on our block. scary shit. We called the cops more than one time this year.

• if you go a mile south? gangs are everywhere.

• I'd definitely say we're safer compared to, you know... The US, France, The US, England, The US, did I mention the US? Lot of guns and retards there.

I own weapons and live in Calgary, a bigger city, and I've never feared for my life or been scared of being shot. And I go target shooting I know how much bullshit we have to go through to get weapons here in our great Maple nation. You have to do a psychological and go through a background check at both your local police station AND the RCMP, which takes a few months. But since my nation is safe and sound compared to the fucking lunatic Americans, I say it's worth it. It's why our country's far better and all those Americans are killing each other at school.
    But then, all the terrorists seem to be using cars more creatively nowadays so I guess guns don't really matter right?

For the record, the worst terrorist attack in Canadian history was recently in Toronto and left 14 fatalities. 14 fatalities is a slow day in America and France.

• you are spitting out facts fahm

but ye the GTA is a little dangerous now. calgary is pretty safe from what I've been told.

• @BOUNTYGUY9 This is why I voted NDP (New Democratic Party, don't know how much you know about out politics but it's similar to the British) in the General Election.

After the General Election and Trudeau I've stopped voting. It's one idiot or the next maybe when my whole generation doesn't vote they'll realize they need to do stuff differently.

I didn't vote in my past Provincial Elections and the PCs got in. I figure I'll watch my Province go to shit the next little while and they'll realize what they've all done.

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 30

• Although Canada is nowhere near the U. S in terms of violence and killings which is a good thing, it is getting worse. Quite frankly I don't care if people complain and say MINORITIES ARE THE ONES WHO DID THIS! No matter where you live, no matter what your skin tone is, a murder can be done by anyone of any decent or skin tone and the same goes which country.

• Completely safe. Been here my whole life and never been scared

• haven't you heard about the shootings and stabbings?
      in Mississauga and Scarborough and in toronto?
      true it doesn't happen often bu it does happen!
      you got to admit it!
      it can't be possible you haven't heard of anything tht happens
      I've lived here my whole life too
      and i haven't been scared either!
      but like now isn't it getting a tiny bit more dangerous like just think bout it?

• Nope. I don't think it's any worse now that it was 10 years ago...20 years ago.
      Yes, I've heard about it happening as you mentioned.
      The media makes it seem worse, but it really isn't. They exploit the headline purposely to scare people. I've been through Jane/Finch at all hours of the day and no matter what you read or see on TV, it's a neighbourhood like any other

• Those things just get repprted more because there is more and more competition among newspapers, tv, web and shocking headines sell more...

• "Like now almost every day you hear there is a shooting or a stabbing or shit like that!"

There you go: it's just the kind of thing that makes catchy headlines, so you see it on the news more and more as people read less newspapers and watch less tv. Statistically (which gives you a more complete picture), we're living in some of the less violent times ever and we're consistently improving (both locally and world wide).

• my family moved away from sauga and that was part of the reason. there was a lot of instances of crazy stuff happening in my neighbourhood

• I don’t have been to Canada so I’m not sure, it’s probably safer than Paris and the UK

• With our drama teacher as our leader ohhh yeah no problem! Remeber the guy who said a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian and lets in Isis members come back and give them nice cuddle bears. THESE MUSLIM TERRORISTS are not CANADIAN! Oh can't tell that to the stupid Feminist Drama teacher he's already on his 4th joint.

• First of all, stop labeling Muslims all the same, I mean I could label all White people the same when there murders, killings, robberies, theft and etc happening in Canada before there was an increase in immigrants coming to Canada during the late 1970s and 1980s. Violence can happen at any moment if people listen to their bad negative thoughts in their head.

I mean there have been white Canadians who have killed people, I don't hear you saying, OH THOSE WHITE Canadians aren't CANADIANS!!!

Relax buddy, have some common sense.

• That's what happens when you ban guns and accept tens of thousands of Arabs... Trudeau is such statesman.

• Same problem in Vancouver. Shootings all the time. Just look up “Surrey gang wars” and you’ll find tons of stories about gun violence here. I read that the problem is that gangs will get one who doesn’t have a serious criminal record to get a gun licence, then he’ll buy tons of guns for the rest of the gang, so that’s how gang shootings are common in Canada. There’s something like 9 million guns in the country.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Canada is a liberal paradise because... Canada is... they have Justin Trudeau and... they don't have any guns and... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• I didn't read the post, it's just going to bother me if I don't comment on this: Why is there muzzleflash as if the gun has been fired, but the slide is all the way forward?

• Show more from Guys
    20

What Girls Said 5

• No country is completely safe or blameless but I trust in God to protect me from shootings and stabbings. I'm not saying it can't happen but is very unlikely to happen since God loves me so much.

• Not really, cause god is an imaginary character. What actually keeps you safe is the fact that these things are rare - you know, there's police and there's people getting better living conditions and so forth. There's countless people actively working to make things better for everyone and that is why things consistently have gotten better (despite the negative sensationalism of the media, the statistics show that things have been improving consistently at all levels).

• It's still safe here in Canada. It's still safe in Toronto. A) These things happen in pretty much every urban centre, we just don't hear about them as often because it's not local or relevant to us in Toronto. B) The media here likes to over-sensationalize events like shootings and whatnot with flashy headlines, especially The Sun and those little free newspapers you get on the subway or the GO train.

• it's like this in every big urban city, Canada is no exception

• Justin is Running that Country so as a Socialist, Canada is in Trouble of course. xx

• I'm more worried about the jihadists moving in than guns.