The Most Influential Asian/Pacific People in the History of the United States of America (Part 2)

EnglishArtsteacher

Note: I'm not claiming to know what it's like to experience life as someone from this heritage, nor am I claiming these are the absolute most influential people of this race. I'm simply doing this as a tribute, and I have the best intentions of doing as such.

If you want to read part one, click here.

May is Asian Pacific Heritage Month, which means this is a period for the duration of the month of May for recognizing the achievements of Asian, and Pacific People in the history of the United States of America(USA).

Philip Vera Cruz(1904-1994)-Late Labor Leader

Philip Vera Cruz was a Filipino leader in the Asian American Movement, a farmworker and a leader in the labor movement. He also organized alongside César Chávez and fellow Filipino labor leader, Larry Itliong. Born in The Philippines in 1904, Vera Cruz moved to the USA in 1926 where he eventually became a farmworker.

Yuji Ichioka(1936-2002)-Late Civil Rights Activist

Yuji Ichioka was a Japanese American Civil Rights Activist and historian. He was born in San Francisco, California, in 1936 to Japanese immigrant parents. Ichioka and his family would be held at the Topaz Japanese incarceration camp in Utah after the U.S. Government declared war against its Japanese citizens, deeming them as enemies of the state during World War II.

Queen Lili'Uokalani(1838-1917)-Queen of Hawai'i

I'm cheating a little bit here-technically, Queen Lili'Uokalani never resided in the USA, but her influence is the main reason why we have Hawaii as a state. LiliʻUIokalani(born Lydia Kamakaaeha), was the queen and last ruling monarch of the Kingdom of Hawaiʻi. She was the first and only queen to rule the Hawaiian islands, reigning from 1891 until they were seized and stolen by the imperial government of the United States of America.

Grace Lee Boggs(1915-2015)-Late Author

Born in Providence, Rhode Island to Chinese immigrants, Grace Lee Boggs was a radical Chinese American Activist, author, philosopher and civil rights leader. Boggs received a PhD Philosophy in Brynn Mawr College, and poured over the writings of revolutionary thinkers such as Karl Marx; she even translated portions of his works from German to English for the first time.

Dalip Singh Saund(1899-1973)-Late Politician

Born in Punjab, India, in 1899, Dalip Singh Saund emigrated to the USA via Ellis Island, New York in his early 20s to further his education. He subsequently earned both Master and Doctoral degrees in Mathematics from the University of California, Berkeley. After becoming a naturalized U.S. Citizen in 1949, Saund ran for and won various positions in local government in Stockton, California.

Afghan Princess(1995-Present)-Social Media Influencer

"Afghan Shawty", who also goes by "Afghan Princess", is an immigrant from the country of Afghanistan, and is now living in Las Vegas, Nevada. She is a Social Media Influencer who helps empower all women of all sizes. She also helps advocate for an end to discrimination against Middle-Eastern Asians, particularly ones whom are brown, and often stereotyped to be "terrorists". According to her in an interview, she claims to be reluctant to share she is from Afghanistan, particularly after the 09/11/2001 Terrorist Attacks.

Haunani-Kay Trask(1949-Present)-Educator

Haunani-Kay Trask is an Indigenous Hawaiian Educator, activist, Hawaiian nationalist, author, poet, filmmaker and all-around badass. Born in 1949 to a politically active family, many of whom advocated for Hawaiian statehood, Trask has dedicated her life to advocating for a free and independent Hawaiʻi and to keeping Hawaiian culture alive while brutalized under imperial rule.

1
9
1Girl Opinion
9Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Miristheiss
    I don't care.
    More of this stuff where we have to constantly keep track of the boxes people are sectioned off into... in this land of "inclusiveness" and "diversity"... we just can't stop keeping very, very close attention to everyone's race of birth... something people have ZERO control over. Make sure we keep very close track of what your sex is... your race... and then let's make sure we endlessly mention that and point it out and make sue every situation and evaluated and judged based on what box you are in.

Let's just keep endlessly separating people based on their race and talking endless about that.

This kind of mindset is sick... but most don't even recognize it.
    Is this still revelant?
  • backdoorman
    Alright, so obviously it's not my imagination. The only reason you post these "influencer" mytakes is for an opportunity to post a picture of a fat ass woman looking at her grotesquely giant ass in the mirror to feed your fucked up fetish so you can wank to the pics in your sick, fucked up mind. It has nothing to do with influential anyone, so all you're doing is cheapening the contributions the other people you list have made. Grown the fuck up.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• msbrightness
    A list of (pointless) weirdos?
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

07
  • jaybee281
    Afghan princess by far shouldn't be on this list😂😂 - I don't know her but "social media influencer" and tilting her body almost breaking her back to show us her 4 cheeks simultaneously - She's the typical thot - And grace lee boggs is the reason I don't want to be old look at that what is that
    • I'm just pissed they put a "typical thot" on this list and not YouTubers that have way more influence on young Americans. Hell maybe even that's ridiculous lmfao

• kevyhanma
    The Most Influential Asian/Pacific People in the History of the United States of America (Part 2)Johnny kapahala
  • princeofromance
    I agree 100%
  • NightHawk99
    Where the fuck is Markiplier?
  • SpaceGalaxy
    COVID-19
  • Jamie05rhs
    Queen Lili'Uokalani lived 133 years?
    • Lol no, she wasn't THAT old. I guess living to 79 years old in the early 20th Century was equivalent to a modern day 133 year old.

• Jamie05rhs

Oh, okay. Cool.
      Well, I guess you just made a typo, then. ;)

• I just double-checked, and I have Queen Lili'Uokalani's year range correct,

• sixtyeightplusone
    How about some great Asian porn stars?

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!