Should women be allowed to be topless?

For example, They would have the same option to go topless like guys do.Should women be allowed to be topless?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
It would be optional. Most women probably wouldn't go topless in public. I'm sure it would be nice for them in certain situations though. And I think a lot of women would like to be able to tan topless.

3|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I’d like there to be more freedom, girls should have the right to go topless like men, they don’t have too, but they shouldn’t be forced to cover up at the threat of being arrested or something for part of their body like that, a lot different of a country would result in countless ways if that changed, but just to see the option would be nice because girls shouldn’t be told what to do with their bodies by the government in more ways than just this issue

1|1
    0|0
  • I think they should be allowed because men do and no one cares a bit

3|2
    0|0
    • That's true

• 7d

I care, but only cause women arnt allowed.
      Also, I've seen several situations where a fat shirtless man is fine but a fat women in a sports bra is deemed a public disturbance.

And walking in sports bras are allowed.

Most Helpful Girls

• I am wondering if some of the girls here have a brain. The question was if you should be allowed not if you should be topless. Of course we should be allowed. For some reason female nipples are viewed differently from male nipples, but the boob itself, the part which is different can be on display with no issues.

7|17
    1|2
  • I think that would be fun! Hopefully it would be perceived as normal someday. Because it’s fun at the beach, but being able to step outside the house topless would be so liberating! 😄

3|6
    3|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I mean men are allowed to be topless in certain areas, so why not?

But most women (including myself) would never do so because: 1) we KNOW how perverted most men are, and how they would be oogling us if we were topless, and 2) some of us rather be covered up than exposed to the world!

6|3
    1|0
    • Well, It would be optional. Most women probably wouldn't go topless in public. I'm sure it would be nice for them in certain situations though. And I think a lot of women would like to be able to tan topless.

• My opinion is not so clear about this.
    Men go shirtless and we don't drool over them. If women to topless what about men who would be staring at us or try even more than just stare?

3|4
    0|0
    • Good point

• Show All
    • It's about social perception... But if it's in the process then eventually society will accept this practice...

• Women don't Drool over exposed male torso because male torso is plain boring simple and many times ugly hairy beastly...
      Men would Drool over lady torso because women have better beautiful torso

• I think they should be allowed to but I fear that in current society, they would be in danger of assault, they shouldn't fear that but sadly the current world we live in would be dangerous for a woman to be topless :'(

However, if you think about it, some guys even say it is the same thing and that girls shouldn't touch guys chests without permission which is true, I guess it is a subject that I could go on for ages but that is my analytical personality :)

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't see why not if they really want to. Sometimes what some girls wear is almost like what's even the point of you wearing something anyway and then youd probably have people that may want the support from a bra so you'd have a mix of people

1|2
    0|0
  • Too many pervs in Canada and USA so it just would be weird for awhile lol it is legal here in Canada but you still don't see women walking topless unless it is at the beach or trying to prove a point downtown lol

0|3
    0|1
    • Well, It would be optional. Most women probably wouldn't go topless in public. I'm sure it would be nice for them in certain situations though. And I think a lot of women would like to be able to tan topless.

• I completely agree and I'm not against it at all. But, I personally would NOT be comfortable walking around topless lol but it is definetely a personal choice and should be allowed in every country.

• i'm all for free the nipple but in today's society it's unrealistic to introduce toplessness as a social norm for women, solely because tits are are already so sexualised so it'd essentially be like a guy walking around with his dick out. Also cat-calling would get 50x worse lol

0|4
    2|1
  • I don't think guys should be allowed to go topless, unless of course swimming, but it's bad enough that some girls pretty much walk around naked as it is. Now I don't have a problem with girls who are confident in their bodies, but I don't need, nor want to see your body outside of the bedroom. I'm sorry but that's me.

3|4
    0|1
  • I don't like that idea at all, because then men would be much, much less sexually attracted to them.

3|2
    1|2
    • I wouldn't be.. 😂😂

• Show All
    • What!! It's one of the curiosity men have. Because we feel breasts ARE PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL.

• @iwantusern that’s selfish

• Yes, women should be allowed to go topless. No one is going to die just because someone’s boobs are out. You may not like it but you do have the option to mind your own business.

7|0
    1|3
  • that's a little overboard, don't you think? While I believe position of women is equal to men and they deserve the same rights as them, I voted for a no because that's just not something my culture has taught. The idea sounds pretty cool to me tbh, but I'm kinda awkward w these kinda things.

0|3
    0|0
  • It should be an option. They're boobs, the world won't end. If a woman wants to go shirtless, she should be able to. I think we still have a lot of Victorian buttoned down rules that can be done away with by now.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its funny how most girls voted no and most guys voted yes😂😂😂 anyways, no I don't think we should. Bad enough u can barely go out the house without having to see someones booty cheeks🙄🙄

2|5
    0|4
  • Just for the sake of equality alone girls should be allowed to go topless. Of course as a guy I would love to see more women topless so to me this is a no brainer as well. With all that said, in NYC it is legal for a woman to be topless. In 1992 a woman sued because men could take their shirts off in public but women couldn’t and won. In the summer I usually see a couple bold women walking down the street window shopping topless. I love NYC!

1|0
    0|0
  • No😔I’m all for equal rights, but there is no such thing as having equal bodies. A woman showing her chest isn’t the same as a man showing his. It just isn’t practical, realistic, or safe to me that a woman can go topless and no one would care

0|4
    2|0
  • Can't we just take a step back and appreciate modesty for a second? And how many precious values it brings?

I feel like people can't wait to sexualize more and more things to satisfy their weird urges, without thinking ahead of possible consequences.

3|0
    1|1
  • Even though I would never go topless myself, I support anyone's right to do so.

5|4
    1|0
    • Why wouldn't you? Have you tried it? Go to a nude or topless beach in Florida or California where there are many topless girls and it isn't a big deal. No one cares and it feels SO much better than wearing a cold wet bikini.

• Show All
    • So do you wear a bikini on the beach or at a pool? Does it show most of your boobs? How much of your vagina does it cover? Does most of your butt show?

• @Paige90 I guess what I wear could be considered to be a bikini top, but it covers the breasts. For the rest its just swim shorts. And no, none of those areas are showing.

• Yes we should have the option, but not force those who don't want to or make them feel bad for not wanting to.

0|2
    0|0
    • 7d

If it's optional it wouldn't be forced on anyone lol

• 7d

"or make them feel bad for not wanting to"
      Miss that part?
      Lol

• 7d

No one would make them feel bad for not participating, Look at nude beaches for example. There's usually a mixture of topless women and women in bikinis. It's not an expectation of every woman to be topless because it's optional and it wouldn't make sense for anyone to shame you for not going topless. If some women do that then that's wrong and they should be told off.

• I feel like only at the beach. I do not approve this of men walking around with their tops off freely walking around the park etc.. but the beach I grew up in La Palma where women did walk topless and no one was phased.

0|2
    2|0
  • go ahead and run an experiment at work, or a party, have a topless day (optional, not required). Make a video. Or shoes and shirt are not required. Lets see how it goes. Wouldn't that be odd to go to the checkout line, and the checkout people don't have tops on... at all? Is there anywhere in the world that is the case other than nude beach?

In general, don't think it would work in our society or any I know of. Something inside of us says it's too exposing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course they should be allowed to go topless if they want to and the whole 'their sexual' argument is silly. Most parts of the human body can be sexualized and is. Does that mean we should all be concealed head to foot? Hell women's feet are regularly sexualized and can be stimulated for pleasure, does this mean I can't wear flip flops anymore? And the whole guys can't control themselves thing is stupid as well, guys aren't all closet sex offenders, they do have self control

1|1
    0|0
  • No, boobs are sexual and therefore should be covered in public.

1|7
    3|3
    • They aren't really supposed to be. But our culture made them that way.

• Show All
    • @HenryThePooper makes a good point. In my surveys, most women said neck stimulation is much more pleasurable than breast stimulation. Should necks be covered in public?

• 75 years ago people had to cover their legs at a beach or pool because that was considered sexual. Society has deemed boobs sexual (at least in North America) so going topless is a big deal in most of the US. In Europe going topless is normal on beaches and no one cares and no one stares. I think it's MUCH more sexual to wear a bikini top that shows most of your boobs and also pushes them up and together in order to make them look better and bring attention to them. All I am saying is to go to a crowded topless beach and try it before you judge. It isn't a big deal and in 50 years it will be the norm.

• I like how men are all for it, most women are against it, and feminists blame men for not be allowed to do it. It's like a parade of blame men for everything.

0|0
    0|1
  • I don’t think it should be illegal for a woman to choose to do so, I’m all for freedom, but I can’t see it ever becoming a cultural norm. It would generate a lot of unwanted attention from men. Plus I think there are some things best left to the imagination and saved for a boyfriend or husband.

1|0
    0|0
  • I suppose that comes with being able to put your hands out and touch their breasts without anyone thinking it’s odd, grab boobs at random, and give them titties twisters and shit like that as a jokes right? It’s all a package deal...

0|1
    2|1
    • Show All
    • It's considered sexual assault to grab a woman's inner thigh. Should women's thighs be covered at all times?

• @elizabeth-jen I’m just pointing out what comes with being a man. When something is not sexualized like a man’s chest, it oddly gets a lot more attention. Growing up you might not have had women judge you for stuffing your bra, but you’d have random men and women just grab your nipple and give you a tittie twister as a joke because it’s fair game. As a teen I had a number of girls ask me if I have a harry chest and just pull my shirt up to my neck randomly without asking me to look at my chest. When went to get vaccinations for college the nurse practitioner said wow you’re a big man, you have nice big muscle and squeezed my biceps and chest muscles and rubbed my “breast”. When someone wants you to stop as a man they will put their hand on your chest forceful without thinking, as a woman that’s no go and they spread their arms out and tell you to stop rather than putting their hands on you. There are a lot of things you take on when you get one small freedom… You loose tons of privileges that you take for granted or don’t even understand you have based on the down votes. There’s fantasy land that you girls live in, and then there is the real world. One thing triggers an entire other line of events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsLHWqWg1N4

• Nope, just because it’s one of the mysterious parts on her body

4|5
    2|2
    • @lara8 what wrong with you? A little mystery in life is good, makes it when you do see it you appreciate it more

• Show All
    • Alright tweaker 👌

• As a matter of law I think they should have the same right to go topless as men. But for cultural reasons I realize that very few women would want to do that.

2|1
    0|0
  • It would cause a lot of hysteria if all of a sudden women ripped off their shirts and paraded around topless😂😂
    I'm all for equal rights but no, I dont think it would be beneficial, I mean there is still fuss over women breastfeeding in public, and she's feeding the child! Literally using her breasts for what they were designed for...

0|2
    1|0
  • I say yes for COMPLETELY selfless reasons.

It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that you understand that my stance on this is A HUNDRED PERCENT for the sake of EQUALITY and WOMEN"S FREEDOM.

MY PENIS HAD ZERO SAY IN THIS!

None.
    Nada.
    Nothing at all..
    .. whatsoever.

I would NEVER..
    .. EVER..
    .. EVEEERRR..
    .. DISRESPECT females by having an opinion that is even SLIGHTLY motivated by my FILTHY HETEROSEXUALITY!!!

And that is a COMPLETELY TRUSTWORTHY FyrDraca guarantee!

0|1
    1|0
  • Nope they shouldn't
    If they want to go topless they need to be somewhere private where no one can see them

1|3
    0|2
  • Yes, they should be allowed (I even think they are in most countries).
    If they do it, and if so, on what occasion, is another pair of shoes, though. Men also don’t do it everywhere. Mainly at the beach.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes ofcourse without a shred of hesitation and doubt women should be allowed to walk around Topless (Now if someone does actually or not it's their choice same as men because not all men keep their shirts home)
    I see some men almost in all parts of the day roaming around topless and without covering nipples eventhough women have the same nipples with slight size differences but at 1st everyone goes nuts seeing a woman topless and when they dont they ask her to cover the nipples and i will always be unable to understand why
    Where's women's freedom here huh
    It should be allowed for sure

1|3
    0|0
  • No, breasts are secondary sex characteristics. Saying women should be allowed topless is like saying men should be allowed to let their balls hang out.

0|2
    0|0
  • Both men and women should keep their shirts on. Being topless increases risk of skin cancer, anyway

3|4
    2|2
  • women should be allowed to go around topless, anatomically it should be considered the same thing as a man going topless. but societally it would be difficult to convince many people to make that shift, considering that breasts are so sexualized and they carry the stigma of a sexual organ. it would be so much more convenient for breastfeeding mothers and heat, and possibly cause the normalization of natural breasts and bralessness or maybe just become another category of body-shaming (her tits look so bad without a bra, her nipples are weird etc.) I don't know but it's super interesting to think about

3|0
    0|1
  • Women already walk around topless where I live. It's mostly old women with saggy tits who do it. Sorry to disappoint guys but you won't be seeing super hot tits if it became legal.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's optional where I live but no women does it. For obvious reasons.

2|2
    0|0
  • Nah i ain't tryna see that

3|4
    0|1
  • Woman's tops can be really uncomfortable, and when it gets hot and sticky out we can be just as miserable.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well Problem here is... if women went topless everywhere there's no space for imagination left... that would be a huge loss.

1|1
    0|1
  • Yes if it is allowed and she is comfortable with it. But could she cope with the banter. Girls complain about this now fully dressed.. what would happen with her boobs swaying bas she walks down the street?

0|0
    0|0
    • A lot of women do that now. I thought you ment in every day life...

• Yes, women should be allowed to go topless. I mean, if a man can do it, a woman should be able to do it too. It would be nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • 75 years ago people had to cover their legs at a beach or pool because that was considered sexual. Society has deemed boobs sexual (at least in North America) so going topless is a big deal in most of the US. In Europe going topless is normal on beaches and no one cares and no one stares. I think it's MUCH more sexual to wear a bikini top that shows most of your boobs and also pushes them up and together in order to make them look better and bring attention to them. All I am saying is to go to a crowded topless beach and try it before you judge. It isn't a big deal and in 50 years it will be the norm.

2|1
    1|0
  • Anywhere a man can be topless, a woman should be also. If a shirt is required, it should apply to both men and women.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont know about others. but i won't be comfortable.. iven if its allowed..

0|1
    0|0
  • I won't mind but it should start from home. I have seen my mom topless during summer, so does now my wife. I have tacitly allowed my younger sister to stay topless if she so desires when visits us.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be great 😍. Then we could see boobs all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I simply think that women should be able to make that choice for themselves.

1|1
    0|0
  • If we're talking strictly from a legal standpoint, I don't see why not.

1|0
    0|0
    • pressed submit too early.

Assuming we're talking about women going around town topless, this would, even if legal, possibly make a lot of people feel weird, and I'm not talking just about male horndogs.
      I imagine this new law wouldn't affect too many young, possibly somewhat insecure women.
      The grandmas who don't give a fuck, though? Prepare to see a lot of fossil boobs.

• No, and men should have to wear a shirt in public too.

1|0
    0|1
  • YES
    A better more beautiful world.
    If men are allowed to be shirtless despite having hair on the torso... women should SURELY be allowed to

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes