Do you consider mixed people (black and white parents) to be black?

fashionguy17
Doja Cat - Singer, songwriter and rapper. Her mom is white and her dad is black.
Let me be more specific. I am taking SPECIFICALLY about mixed people who have black and white parents! So, someone who has a black mom and a white dad, OR a black dad and a white mom.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you have probably heard about the Doja Cat situation. Even though she is mixed (black and white), she allegedly does not identify with her black side and was recently caught in white supremacist chat groups online.

I was reading some comments from social media users, and someone said, "my parents are black and white, but I'm not black and I hate when people call me black. I'm not black."

There's a lot of mixed people out there who have black and white parents. Actually, here a list - https://www.bet.com/celebrities/photos/2015/11/biracial-celebrities-who-proudly-claim-black.html#!111915-celebs-biracial-celebrities-who-proudly-claim-black-drake - further more, Obama was considered the first BLACK president and his mom is white and his father is black.

So, I ask this question. If a person has black and white parents, do you consider them to be black?
38
73