Italy won and England had to do this...

natured

I'm so dissapointed, not only because I'm Italian but also because I'm Human...

What did we do to deserve this?

DIGUSTING, was one word that comes to my mind about many incidents that happened during the soccer game and after as well...

Let's start from the beginning when ENGLAND FANS WHERE BOOING OUR TEAM during our national anthem.... which I have to add we take a lot of pride on our anthem... but then we said, it's okay, our guys are strong and while we where watching the beginning of the game in our towns Plaza, we SANG IT OUT LOUD so we didn't have to hear the BOOING THROUGH OUR SCREEN, and wished that our guys would hear us. (Just immagine our emotions during that moment, when all 100 people stood up and sang with them, I even saw some grown men shedding a tear)

Anyways... forgive and forget right?

Then Englad took their early lead, and hey we where not even scared because it was just the beginning, and by the way, that was a nice score i compliment England for that...

SADLY

It got worse, Italy fans, were brutally attacked by the supporters of England RIGHT AFTER THE MATCH. They kicked our Italian supporters while hurling racial abuses. There is a video that is going viral, and trust me, THERE IS NO REASON BEHIND IT because the abuse didn't stop here...

THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO EXTEND TO HURLING RACIAL ABUSES AT THEIR OWN PLAYERS INCLUDING MARCUS RASHFORD, BUKAYO SAKA AND JADEN SANCHO AFTER THEY FAILED TO SCORE GOALS ON SPOT KICKS.

Italy won and England had to do this...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ????

I know for a valid fact that this is not the first time when England fans have gone berserk and wild while expressing their emotions. I'm a soccer fan and I know that emotions run wild, but I would never in the word express HATE towards the other team or nationality in general.

In fact, when England made its way into the finals, the police had made over 20 arrests for the fans who had gone nuts and overboard while celebrating that win...

Italy won and England had to do this...

There are so many viral videos around now, some have been removed due to sensitive material... I saw those and I was in shock, I cried, It ruined my day, I didn't even want the cup anymore after that....

I'D WILLINGLY GIVE YOU THE WIN, but don't touch my people, don't harras your own people.... JUST DON'T I don't give a damn about this win anymore because you ruined it, and if I COULD I WOULD GIVE YOU THE DAMN CUP trust me.

I can't express how I'm feeling right now, that could be my brother there, as he planned to actually go there with my partner, but because of work they couldn't.... and I'M SO HAPPY THAT THEY COULDN'T... but the people that where attacked? They are somebodies SON, GRANDSON, BROTHER, HUSBAND.... even a CHILD WAS ATTACKED FOR GODS SAKE!!!

I'm not even joking, I'm writing this with tears on my eyes and as you can see I have not offended English fans or English people nowhere in this post, also because I know not everyone is like that and not everyone agreed to that chaos... This is so much more than a soccer game, this is a heartbreaking fiasco.

But allow me to say just three words, from the my deepest Italian roots to your English ones (to those who did this) : SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!!!!

With love

-D-

Italy won and England had to do this...
36
8
8Girl Opinion
36Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• purplepoppy

There's always been a dodgy element among English supporters. I don't think it helped that the press gave them unrealistic expectations of winning.

Italy won and England had to do this...
    Like 2 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Omario2049

Football is drama. That's why we love it♥️⚽♥️

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • natured

Soccer is drama within the field, but no child should be hurt because the opponents lost... i watch soccer since I was little and I never seen something like this.

• @natured Football ⚽

• natured

Isn't football something else in America? Yes in Europe we call Football = Soccer, but I know that in america it's the other sport.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

735
  • ChrisMaster69

in no way at all condoning anything, those fans are scum, and should banned for life. I also agree with what you have wrote…. There is a huge however.

It really is not an idea to stand in a green house with stones.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/10242296/italian-football-ultras-knives-grenades-hooligans-gangsters/

https://www.sportingferret.com/2020/07/06/mobs-violence-discrimination-the-italian-ultra-problem/

The Ultra Problem in Italy is horrendous, I go to matches when in Italy as we have offices in both Rome and Milan.

The violence and racism is far worse than any seem at domestic football games in the UK.

Those are just some random links, however there is a huge problem with football violence around the globe, check out Russia…

So yes I agree but have a look at Italian Ultras…

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • I don't mean to generalize, but by reputation, English fans known to be this way, and they delivered again and again, which is an unfortunate. It's disgraceful.

This whole racism rhetoric is also ridiculous. Netherlands had a very similar experience before in the Euros. Hopefully we never witness such notions again.

As i have mentioned before in the other MyTakes, i come from an Italian ancestery, love Italy and support Italy all the way to the end! It's such a joy to see Italy booming again after a harsh period in our history, Mancini brought back the spirit! I have witnessed Italy winning the Euros for the first time in my lifetime, for this reason and many other, this was such a special occasion.

Despite all the bitterness, i guess some English fans are too butthurt that they've failed to bring it home again 😅

Italy stays strong no matter what. Whether South Koreans bribe the refree (2002 world cup) or English people attack us now, we stand tall and for now, Europe is under our boots 🇮🇹🥾💙

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • First off, there is no defending hooligans of any country, but I need to redress the balance here.

Booing the National Anthem was your first gripe:-

Well I have been to football matches following England for several years now and we have ALWAYS had our National Anthem booed as far back as I can remember. I never booed yours or anyone else's. NOW I do.

Spurs, my team played Lazio in Rome about 10 years ago (The last time I went to a European Match) I was there with my cousin peacefully enjoying ourselves. Italian supporters came out of nowhere and did THIS:-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tottenham-fans-stabbed-in-rome-after-1450004
    my cousin was one of those injured, so don't tell me Italian supporters are innocent, because I have witnessed first hand that is untrue.

Now let's get onto the players. Italians cheat. They dive in the box feigning injury to get a penalty to falsely get other players sent off claiming their innocence the whole time, but they have no problem kicking players off the ball again protesting their innocence.

Even with all that said, the best team won on the day and you deserved the win. I just wanted to redress the balance and I will leave it up to other people to decide whether or not I have.

Reply
  • MissGeorgia

That video was actually of before the game started. Fans without tickets had stormed the Wembley barriers and those guys were trying to keep them out... but telling the truth isn’t as antagonistic

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
    • natured

It's not true, still, even if it was, is it normal to kick people like that? if this is normal in England i'm shook.

• lonestar_01

As someone living in England a lot of football fans are degenerates in real life. So you can't expect thugs to be decent losers. Pathetic really, why can't people just watch the game and shut up when their team loses. The better side won, so congratulations to Italy

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • IveGotNoName

I don't know about the other 5 matches played in England. But I, as a Dane, was also appalled by the English fans booing during the danish and italian national anthem, and not to speak of the laser that was pointed at the goal keepers eyes during the penalty (and the rest of the game) at the match between England and Denmark

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • jamesgoldman

Active football fans of the English subspecies are all lacking in brain cells, vile racists, violent thugs with drink and/or drug issues

I"m English and can tell you that without a shred of doubt, my contact with the game begins and ends at the bookies counter

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • DJB72

My dad stopped taking me to soccer matches as a toddler when violence in the stands was just starting. As a result, I have little interest in the game.

I'm English, and I'm embarrassed by the behavior of the mob. I refuse to describe them as "fans" because a real fan doesn't need to become violent towards the other side's supporters if their team loses.

The behavior of England's soccer mob got them banned from attending games in the 80s & 90s. Looks like it was a mistake to let them back in.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • natured

Sadly it reallt looks like they are back in, and it's painful to watch people act nuts and hurt others in advance, it's sad because with all the respect, it's really really bad publicity for England. Italians are furious at the moment.

• DJB72

I don't blame the Italian people for being pissed off. I'm less than thrilled myself.

• Aakash_Hangargi

Fans are always stupid these players train work hard play and make butt load of money.

And fans waste there money to watch it and then waste money on getting hospitalised or making soemone hospitalised
    And it feels so stupid to fight over things that they won't even gain anything off

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Jennifertoubl

Most English ain't exactly the brightest exemplars of the human race. I'm sure football fans ain't generally representing the top of any country. Add those two up and u r talking about a group of morons

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Alejandro3000

It's a shame that this has happened and that as an Italian you're talking about this rather than celebrating a nations victory, don't let anyone drag you down you deserved it, some English people just hate losing. I'm from England and my fav player is Saka and you can imagine how angry I am that the English manager threw Saka Rashford and Sancho under the bus. Selecting a 19yr old for the 5th penalty is unnatural. Everyone selects their best senior players especially for the 5th kick, but not the English manager no it is known he least favours them they hardly featured but he thought to protect his senior English players. A select set of England fans caused embarassment, as a nation this is never addressed properly and keeps continuing to be a deep issue, how did the organisers just allow this where were the policing? Really shocking scenes. It's not enough that Southgate apologised for his selection he needs to resign. He needed to have been sacked 2yrs ago.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • natured

I'm so sorry for Saka and Sancho, they are great players, and i'm sorry that they where verbally attacked and harrassed, it's such a shame, I have nothing against you guys, but this was just over the top. This would never happen in Italy ever.
      I really hope that Southgate resigns, he did a really foul move there...
      THank you so much for understanding and for reading I appreciate it a lot <3

• kevyhanma

I’m so glad Italy won but more happy that England lost HA! LOOOOSERS🤣🤣🤣

LikeDisagree 5 People
    Reply
  • FatherJack

Not a football fan , live in England , I'm a combat sport fan. I am not surprised at the usual brain donor England hooligan element behaving as they usually do. Didn't give a rats arse if England lost , my 2 teens are 1/2 Italian , so Forza Italia... glad Italia won.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • anylolone

It's sports. Yeah, it's a shame.

You won, rub it in their faces.

Just tell them "we won, we prioritized winning over being racist against our own population. Next time, don't put noobies on the penalty to virtue signal your racism."

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • G5TWA1

English football fans have a long and deep history of violence, it used to be worse, and in the last 2 decades they would usually be a bit calmer in their own country, at least as far as I know, but whenever they play internationally they always behave like animals

Reply
  • Tao33

There's always been a problem with English football fans and violence since I can remember. They can be proper terrifying. I understand their frustration as we were so close to something we've been waiting for for decades. But it doesn't excuse their behavior. I think we need riot police at England games from now on. And definitely life long bans for that kind of behavior.

Much love to Italy and congratulations! Don't let this time be defined people like that xx 😉

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • JessieBellll

That's how the English are, bunch of chavs, tramps.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • natured

I don't know hun, I wasn't raise to offend other nationalities, because that's how normally italians are, we open our doors and our hearts to everyone... thinking of all the English people that come to Venice and being treated like GODS, is making me SO MAD, SO SO MAD because it's just a GAME for gods sake... Sorry for the vent,... but this is too much ugh

• JesseJayNeak

England fans are known for being sore losers. Have you ever seen the boxing match between Marvin Hagler and and Alan Minter?

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
    • natured

No, give me details lol.

• Marvin won by KO after 3 rounds. The English fans were so pissed they threw bottles, beer cans and other stuff so that Marvin (RIP) couldn't celebrate his victory

• natured

Oh wow :( that's really sad...

• ifbaldrickwasagirl

Oh my Gosh! I didn't know that they did that!
    That's so horrible and I see why my comment on the other post offended you now.
    I honestly can't believe they did that...

Reply
    • but I still do think that SOME of the Italian players were rough

• natured

I watch italy play since I was little girl, and they always played rough, and it was never an issue, but FACT IS that Italian fans would NEVER beat someone up just because they lost, it's incredibly unfair.

• Yeah. I wouldn't even call the English fans "fans" more like an out of control mob.
      I agree with you

• Randalama

In football you can always count on two things. 1. England will lose. 2. English fans will disgrace themselves. Italians should be proud, the team played an almost perfect tournament.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • Show More (22)
Community of trusted and anonymous friends where girls and guys help each other.

Click the button below to add your opinion now!