Travel 101: Tips for Your Next Trip!

Traveling is my goal in life. This is my basic tips for you to consider for your next trip.

->Write it all down, so you have an overview. The best is to make a list and also do a separate To-Do list. In the end calculate how much Money you would need for your Trip.

With whom are you going?

Do you want to go alone or with other people? If you`re going with other people, who are they? You should know the people you`re traveling with. Also during Vacation you really get to know someone better and see their true colors. So travel with the right people, it`s really not funny if you have a fight.

Travel 101: Tips for Your Next Trip!

Where do you want to travel?

Is it just one city or do you want to see more cities? If you have that, how can you get there? Can you just go there by car? Do you have to take a flight? Maybe a Boat? If you`re not going to stay in one city, consider how you get from A to B and then maybe C and back to A? Do you maybe have to rent a Car? If yes check out where you could do that and look at the prices and the deals they offer you.

When are you going and How?

Figure out the Date when do you want to go.

Also if you want to stay for a long time, look out for a valid visa. Don`t foret your Passport and ID.

If you`re going with your own car, make sure you have enough gas and Gas money. Also if you have to drive for a long time. Watch out that you get some sleep and search for some Motels on the road. Don`t drive when you`re tired. Or swap with friends.

To add if you have to take the airplane, check the prices out from different pages online.

A few to name: Kayak.com, Eurowings.com and expedia.com

Travel 101: Tips for Your Next Trip!

Housing- Where could you stay?

Do you already have friends there? Could you stay at their place? If not, do you want to have an apartment or want to stay in a Hotel?

– Check out the prices for motels or bad and breakfasts. I personally always look at airBnB if I can find something cheap to stay.

Money, money, money

Also research how much money you would need daily and add 100 to your list. Don`t forget to check out what currency you will need. I personally always take a credit card with me, but that`s only for emergencies. Also here make sure you can use it there.

Usually I just have cash with me, what I hide in my Bra. I take out the pads and you know put the money inside instead. Otherwise you can use an small purse and take it with you. Or hide the money at the place where you`re staying.

Check in with your Doctor

Take care of all the prooper vaccinations and that you have (if needed) all your medicine that you would need. Also ask your medical insurance provider if they help you in emergencies when you`re abroad. Take your medicine and always have an aspirin with you.

Culture and Lifestyle

Research about the place you want to go. What can you see there? Are there some events you want to join? Is this place dangerous? (Who Knows?) Also search up the culture and lifestyle of the place you`re travelling to, not everyplace is like the place you`re living in.

To add watch out that you have an charger adapter, if needed.

Travel 101: Tips for Your Next Trip!

Food

Research about the food there and what is maybe special for that location. I always make sure there is a pizzeria/pizza place - for emergencies lol

If you already know where you`re going to stay, search for a supermarkets over Google. Best some who are near to the place you`re staying.

The weather

Figure out how the weather is going to be for the time you`re there. Therefore you know what clothes to take with you. From there on, check the things you want to take. Less is more. So don`t take your whole closet with you. Be prepared.

Have Fun and take care!

811
melanieeeB is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• i have travelled extensively and always done on impulse. For example, I was in a hostel in Lucerne and felt like a pizza. So jumped on a train to Florence. i hitchhike when on the road. I never care about insurance or other things

Just be free-spirited and impulsive

This is real fun but largely irresponsible. i can for I am male and have many experiences from the road.

When my daughters wanted to travel. I was anal in preparing everything and anything. to the last detail to even talking to the bus driver at the terminal about driving safe

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• The vaccination tip is a good one. I always wished it should be part of your boarding paperwork.

Not enough people get vaccinated and thisbcan carry diseases back to their homeland, like polio.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• Don't forget to get up-to-date information. I once backpacked in El Salvador and Guatemala and had a blast, but that's not something anyone should do there anymore due to the high levels of violent crime.

• Lots of the tips are a bit kicking in an open door, as we say in Dutch. But lots of people still forget it so I suppose it's justified.

What I should say, if you're going alone to some place: DONT PLAN TOO MUCH. Seriously, plan a couple days so there is always room for impulsive decisions or trips with people who you get to know.

I've got my next solo vacation nailed down so I'm a happy man.

• I am traveling this week... going to take lots of pics!

• Interesting take.

If you leave the USA, look up your destination on the State Dept site : travel.state.gov/.../international-travel.html
    Most countries have a similar site for their citizens.

• Great take! I wanna travel so bad...

• Interesting

• nice tips

• Great advice thanks.

• Great Take

• Awesome thank you

What Girls Said 7

• Tips

Don't piss on the floor or bed, drink nothing two hours before bed. exercise and get fit before going anywhere, don't ask for sexual favors no matter how horny you are, follow the rules, pace yourself...

Maybe just maybe if I did all that I wouldn't have been fired

• I always did all of the above except i never considered vaccinations. I don't know how i forgot that

• thank you

• Thanks for the tips :)

• All my problem is money.

• Pretty good. I like your tips. Thank you wish I could travel now haha

• Oh wow thanks! Need to remember this now :D Going to Vegas in two months