Tips for Touring Spain

Tips for Touring SpainI took a trip to Spain recently. I had a great time. I'd like to take some time to note the differences in customs between the U.S. and Spain to prepare those interested in touring Spain.

Walking

Tips for Touring SpainYou will be doing a lot of walking. I know I did. So pack some comfy shoes for the trip.

Public Transportation

Tips for Touring SpainYou know the thing you do when you raise your hand and a taxi comes? Yeah, that won't work in Spain. If you want a taxi, you will have to walk to a taxi stop. People who wave their hand for a taxi are obviously foreigners. Same thing goes for buses. Don't worry, there are plenty of stops available. Remember that the taxi will NOT come to you.

Siesta

In the afternoon, most people take naps. Not just the babies. They call it a siesta. So walking around town during the afternoon can sometimes make you feel like you're in a ghost town. So be quiet so you don't wake everyone up.

Smoking

Tips for Touring SpainSmoking is much more common in Spain than it is in the U.S. On your trip to Spain, be prepared to smell nicotine and tobacco in the air.

Soccer

Tips for Touring Spain Soccer is the most popular sport. Period.

I hope this was helpful for you who are visiting Spain. Have a good trip!

624

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guys

• I <3 Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Grenada, Taragonnna, Toledo, Cadiz, old Marbella.
    I like the ìslands too: Gran Canaria, Tenerife, Mallorca.

• People everywhere in Europe seem to walk more than in the US. That's why so much obesity here.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• This is a good my take

• Nice take

• This puts me in the mood for a vacation!

• Thanks :)

• Ranbir and Katrina broke up in Spain.

What Guys Said 22

• Go to the Basque Country and walk the Jacobsweg (don't know what it is in English).

• Glad you enjoyed yourself.

• very useful, spain is one of the places i want to visit one day. i also noticed on the 2nd picture, there's one guy walking bare feet, so does this mean 1 out of 4 guys at spain walk around bare feet? just kidding lols

• WAtch out for the immigrants they like to rape women tourists at night.

Oh and take the host who wrote this piece and slap her around because she does not know shit about spain and how you need to be street smart. Might as well give your wallet to the roma people.

• It’s funny how Paul McCartney isn’t wearing any shoes in that famous pic but it’s nice walking around to see things you might miss, I haven’t been there yet but my sister said it’s really nice and went there a few times. Nice take though

• i need a siesta

• Where’s the tomatini?

• Just take the bus, cheaper than taxi's

• Cool, always wanted to go.

• Sounds good man

• Show more from Guys
    12