Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

For those who don't know, xxxtentacion was a twenty-year-old rapper who was murdered today. He was a Soundcloud rapper with popular songs such as Jocelyn Flores, Look At Me, Depression and Obsession, Save Me, F*ck Love, and so on.

Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

He had a difficult childhood growing up in Florida. His real name was Jahseh Dwayne Onfrey. X's musical style was very unique- he popularized Soundcloud rap, featuring songs split between mumble rap and screamo. His music evinced his struggles with depression. He behaved riskily, publicly talkimg about his suicidal ideation, being relatable to many fans. The truth is, X didn't seem to care if he was hurt. Depression is not just a state of mind; it can be observed through one's behaviors and actions. Much more can be said about him, but I do not know what else to say. This news has affected me deeply. He proves another example of tragedy. As was said by John Knowles:

Nothing endures- not a tree, not love, not even a death by violence.

Yes, he wasn't a perfect person by any means. He frequently got in trouble with the law. He had beefs. But xxxtentacion was a human, flawed yet real.

Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

#RIPX

1322
Whatthefluff is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• Charges against him included violence against his pregnant girlfriend and more than a dozen other felony charges. His conduct showed that life had little value to him. Depression is a bitch. I feel sad for his friends, family and fans.

• Im not surprised... probably pissed someone off enough to warrant death...
    could of been the fact he hit his pregnant wife and someone just didn't approve...

these days its so easy to get some dude to pull the trigger. especially in America. People pull the trigger all the time, now pay this guy 25k to aim it at someone... ya he's willing to do it

• Well I don't know much about him or his history, I only heard a few songs of his, one of which you introduced us to.. But that's pretty sudden and sad.. RIP..

• "You fuck around, you fuck around, you fuck around get smoked" - Chiraq

• Thanks for the bio! That was a very heartfelt send off!

• 😔rest easy X
    He helped me get over my depression and my suicidal thoughts

• His music is pretty dark, rockers rarely die as a result of gun violence.

• A woman beater piece of shit with 11 felonies. Looks like the shooter did the world a favor.

• Why does my comment get removed and not this? I posted the pic of the damage he did to that girl, she needed 20 thousand in surgeries.

• @Bluedream13 Cause people have weak stomachs and can't face reality. It's why people want a more censored internet and media culture. But yeah, he got killed from someone committing grand theft auto, a crime that piece of shit himself committed.

• Not just people, moderators, these douchebag moderators are always taking down the really thought provoking stuff, they love stifling complex discourse and keeping everything nice and small talky!

• Dude, looks hella evil, especially the last picture.

He was not a nice guy at all.

• he was nothing but a woman beater the world is far better without him

• Yes, how will the world go on without--wait, who the hell is this?

• Got what he wanted I guess.

• Never heard of him.

• Damn...

• Thank you. That was a good tribute.

• Unfortunate way to pass

• RIP X

• :'(
    rip

• Interesting myTake

• Guys like Drake ain't about that life

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 13

• From what I've read on here he was a woman beater and threatened to rape a woman with a bbq fork...
    So if any of those are true (which there's no smoke without fire) then I son't understand your love for such a person.

• Cos the music 🔥🔥🔥

• may this asshole never have peace. May he rest in flames. May every injustice he committed against the innocent fuel the fire and burn him till the devil is wrought from his pathetic form

• and may the mod who banned my comment showing everyone the picture of what he did to his pregnant girlfriend BURN WITH HIM

• No he wasn't perfect.
    He's been charged with beating up a pregnant woman.
    Spotify removed his music because of his history of violence.

• Beating up kind of understates it.

• @0112358 long ass time ago. The past is the past. Have some respect at least. His “victim” is very devastated.

• @Bluedream13 I didn’t report it.

• I grew up with a talented musician in my family who was incredibly abusive like this. TBH, it would be been nice to see X get his act together, go to jail and get straight and atone but he wasn’t there yet.

The pain abusers cause those around them is REAL, talented musician or not. People need to remove their rose colored glasses on him and others like him. We all hurt in our own way - taking your demons out on others is utter bullshit.

• I say this more as a warning against your generation romanticizing angry young men, than X. He may have turned his leaf over or may not - not enough time to tell. But y’all need to stop falling in love with rage soaked sadness. It’s what glorifying getting loaded was to my generation and all that led to was overdosed.

• Beautifully Done, hun Wow, Like 50 Cents, Tupac and All... Another Rapper Bites the Dust. xx

• Thanks for this take, I found out when it happened and I seriously can't.
    I preordered his album and everything... he was so young w a great musical future ahead of him.
    When he first came out I listened to his music nonstop.
    May he rest in peace.❤❤❤

• Sad news, didn't listen to his music really. Only had 20 years on earth, that's why we should thank God every day when we open our eyes cause we never know when we will wake up for it to be our last. I hope he changed his life around and got close with God before he died. I also pray for his family during this loss, losing a child/family member is never easy.

• I don’t understand why these “Florida goons” can pull the trigger on someone like X meanwhile George Zimmerman is still walking his happy fat ass around.

• yeah. it sucks he died. it's sad.
    but people are slaves to his abusive, colorist attitude, and are bandwagoning.
    he's called darkskins cockroaches, told them they're field niggas while he's a house slave, told them to go pick cotton, told them to die, he beat his pregnant wife, he attempted murder (2x), he beat a gay kid up for being gay.
    People are mourning his "POTENTIAL"; NOT who he was.
    He did NOT deserve to die. For all we know he could of changed; but it's sketchy everyone is suddenly turning a blind eye.

• he damn well did deserve to die, sometimes changing means accepting your karma and sometimes that karma is death. It will be sweeter than what would have awaited him otherwise

• it's interesting people can separate the art from the man .
    in politics it's not done as easily .

• My favorite song by him was VICE CITY on YouTube. He was a cute talented young man. I love X. RIP

• I loved the song “Sad”

• oh he ded. RIP triple X

• 1|0