Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

Whatthefluff
Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

For those who don't know, xxxtentacion was a twenty-year-old rapper who was murdered today. He was a Soundcloud rapper with popular songs such as Jocelyn Flores, Look At Me, Depression and Obsession, Save Me, F*ck Love, and so on.

Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

He had a difficult childhood growing up in Florida. His real name was Jahseh Dwayne Onfrey. X's musical style was very unique- he popularized Soundcloud rap, featuring songs split between mumble rap and screamo. His music evinced his struggles with depression. He behaved riskily, publicly talkimg about his suicidal ideation, being relatable to many fans. The truth is, X didn't seem to care if he was hurt. Depression is not just a state of mind; it can be observed through one's behaviors and actions. Much more can be said about him, but I do not know what else to say. This news has affected me deeply. He proves another example of tragedy. As was said by John Knowles:

Nothing endures- not a tree, not love, not even a death by violence.

Yes, he wasn't a perfect person by any means. He frequently got in trouble with the law. He had beefs. But xxxtentacion was a human, flawed yet real.

Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion

#RIPX

Rest In Peace, XXXTentacion
22
13

Most Helpful Guys

• TripleAce
    Im not surprised... probably pissed someone off enough to warrant death...
    could of been the fact he hit his pregnant wife and someone just didn't approve...

these days its so easy to get some dude to pull the trigger. especially in America. People pull the trigger all the time, now pay this guy 25k to aim it at someone... ya he's willing to do it
    Is this still revelant?
  • RasmusAiken
    Charges against him included violence against his pregnant girlfriend and more than a dozen other felony charges. His conduct showed that life had little value to him. Depression is a bitch. I feel sad for his friends, family and fans.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• LittleSally
    From what I've read on here he was a woman beater and threatened to rape a woman with a bbq fork...
    So if any of those are true (which there's no smoke without fire) then I son't understand your love for such a person.
    Is this still revelant?
    • CHADcel

Cos the music 🔥🔥🔥

• 0112358

Multiple charges multiple victims repeated pattern over years.

I understand loving his music. I understand thinking he had good in him and hoping it would win. But so many want to pretend he didn’t do all the shit he did.

• may this asshole never have peace. May he rest in flames. May every injustice he committed against the innocent fuel the fire and burn him till the devil is wrought from his pathetic form

• Goodwifie
    No he wasn't perfect.
    He's been charged with beating up a pregnant woman.
    Spotify removed his music because of his history of violence.
    Is this still revelant?
    • 0112358

Beating up kind of understates it.

• Goodwifie

@0112358 I know.
      She was beaten to the where she couldn't see.

• Pink2000

That doesn’t mean his life should be taken away. He was minding his damn business.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1120
  • pineappleshortcare
    I grew up with a talented musician in my family who was incredibly abusive like this. TBH, it would be been nice to see X get his act together, go to jail and get straight and atone but he wasn’t there yet.

The pain abusers cause those around them is REAL, talented musician or not. People need to remove their rose colored glasses on him and others like him. We all hurt in our own way - taking your demons out on others is utter bullshit.
    • I say this more as a warning against your generation romanticizing angry young men, than X. He may have turned his leaf over or may not - not enough time to tell. But y’all need to stop falling in love with rage soaked sadness. It’s what glorifying getting loaded was to my generation and all that led to was overdosed.

• Sheyhoney
    Thanks for this take, I found out when it happened and I seriously can't.
    I preordered his album and everything... he was so young w a great musical future ahead of him.
    When he first came out I listened to his music nonstop.
    May he rest in peace.❤❤❤
    • Rest in piss my nugget X

• Sheyhoney

@Liska98stad piss?

• Sheyhoney

Fucked up bitxh

• BrittBratt2416
    Sad news, didn't listen to his music really. Only had 20 years on earth, that's why we should thank God every day when we open our eyes cause we never know when we will wake up for it to be our last. I hope he changed his life around and got close with God before he died. I also pray for his family during this loss, losing a child/family member is never easy.
  • Paris13
    Beautifully Done, hun Wow, Like 50 Cents, Tupac and All... Another Rapper Bites the Dust. xx
    • 50 Cent is still alive

• I’m laughing so hard at this 😩😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Someone needs to tell 50 cent he is dead

• Pink2000
    I don’t understand why these “Florida goons” can pull the trigger on someone like X meanwhile George Zimmerman is still walking his happy fat ass around.
  • JDavid25
    Well I don't know much about him or his history, I only heard a few songs of his, one of which you introduced us to.. But that's pretty sudden and sad.. RIP..
  • InTimoreDei
    "You fuck around, you fuck around, you fuck around get smoked" - Chiraq
  • BrileyCat
    it's interesting people can separate the art from the man .
    in politics it's not done as easily .
  • Ki_Wavy
    yeah. it sucks he died. it's sad.
    but people are slaves to his abusive, colorist attitude, and are bandwagoning.
    he's called darkskins cockroaches, told them they're field niggas while he's a house slave, told them to go pick cotton, told them to die, he beat his pregnant wife, he attempted murder (2x), he beat a gay kid up for being gay.
    People are mourning his "POTENTIAL"; NOT who he was.
    He did NOT deserve to die. For all we know he could of changed; but it's sketchy everyone is suddenly turning a blind eye.
    • he damn well did deserve to die, sometimes changing means accepting your karma and sometimes that karma is death. It will be sweeter than what would have awaited him otherwise

• Phoenix_Red
    My favorite song by him was VICE CITY on YouTube. He was a cute talented young man. I love X. RIP
  • Jjpayne
    Thanks for the bio! That was a very heartfelt send off!
  • Confidenceoverload
    😔rest easy X
    He helped me get over my depression and my suicidal thoughts
  • monkeynutts
    His music is pretty dark, rockers rarely die as a result of gun violence.
  • RegularTK421
    A woman beater piece of shit with 11 felonies. Looks like the shooter did the world a favor.
    • Why does my comment get removed and not this? I posted the pic of the damage he did to that girl, she needed 20 thousand in surgeries.

• @Bluedream13 Cause people have weak stomachs and can't face reality. It's why people want a more censored internet and media culture. But yeah, he got killed from someone committing grand theft auto, a crime that piece of shit himself committed.

• Not just people, moderators, these douchebag moderators are always taking down the really thought provoking stuff, they love stifling complex discourse and keeping everything nice and small talky!

• HikerDude
    Yes, how will the world go on without--wait, who the hell is this?
  • BOUNTYGUY9
    he was nothing but a woman beater the world is far better without him
    • yeah seriously fuck that asshole straight to hell, assuming he did what we all think he did (shitkick that poor pregnant girl)

• @Bluedream13 fantastic he was a bad apple

• Dude, looks hella evil, especially the last picture.

He was not a nice guy at all.
  • I loved the song “Sad”
  • CHADcel
    Got what he wanted I guess.
  • ryancg
    Never heard of him.
  • MrMysteryMan
    Damn...
  • N23SA
    oh he ded. RIP triple X
  • LegateLanius
    Thank you. That was a good tribute.
  • GayHowellMeme
  • hammeronfire
    :'(
    rip
  • JesseTheMan
    RIP my boi. Death sucks
  • TheUglyMan
    Unfortunate way to pass
  • Trollfather
    No one cares about generic bullshit rapbois.
  • ovoxo_
    RIP X
  • Revolver_
    Interesting myTake
  • jonesjessica812
    Guys like Drake ain't about that life