#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Single, Ladies? How to be Single AND Happy This Valentines Day

#ValentinesDay

#LoveYourself

Valentines Day can mean different things to different people. For some couples, its a day to celebrate their love. For others, its just another day of the year, and nothing but a consumerist holiday. And for those who are single, it can be a time of loneliness, jealousy and self-pity. But just because you are single doesn't mean you have to be alone and miserable.

Whether you've never been in a relationship, are "forever alone", or even recently single, Valentines Day can still be awesome! Here's how you can be single AND happy this Valentines Day...

Make it a "ME" Day!

Think Valentines Day is only a WE day? Why not celebrate your singledom by making it a ME day? Spoil yourself! Kick back and relax in your most comfortable jammies and watch your favorite movies (or binge watch some Netflix). Take a bubble bath and pamper yourself. Heck, you can even eat a whole box of chocolates yourself!... just please don't eat your feelings (i.e. emotional eating). Its your day, so go ahead, treat yourself!

Don't know how to pamper yourself? Here are 6 Ways To Pamper Yourself at Home (for Cheap!)

Masturdate: Date Yourself

Still want a ME Day, but feel like getting out of the house? There is no reason why you can't you can't hit the town on your own. Masturdating is nothing to be ashamed of! Dress up and make yourself feel glamorous. Make reservations for one at a fancy restaurant. Go see the latest blockbuster at the cinema that you've been dying to see. Splurge a bit and go on a mini shopping spree. It may seem a little odd, but masturdating is an excellent way "woo" yourself and take responsibility for your own happiness.

Need some Masturdating inspiration? Here are 19 Awesome Things To Do Alone

Celebrate Galentine's Day Instead

Hate being alone? Why spend Valentines Day by yourself when you can hang with your single gal pals! Galentine's Day (now a non-official holiday observed on February 13th) is a day dedicated to "ladies celebrating ladies". This is a chance to dress up and paint the town red! Gather up your bffs for a night of dinner and dancing. Or invite them over to your place for a potluck and girly drinks. You can even play "Secret Cupid" (like Secret Santa) where you can exchange gifts, be it cheesy, sweet, or even naughty!

How can you celebrate this unofficial holiday? Here are 8 Ways to Celebrate Galentine's Day

Throw an Anti-Valentines Day Party

Feeling a little more ambitious and in the mood to party with other singles? Despite the it's negative connotation, an Anti-Valentines Day party is a chance to celebrate singledom in a cheerful and humorous way (no, its not supposed to be a room full of bitter and angry party-poopers). From a anti-love song playlist, to heart(less) party food, the options for throwing an amazing Anti-Valentines Day party are endless!

Party-planning not your thing? Here's How to Throw a Badass Anti-Valentines Day Party

Show Yourself Some Love!

Above all else, show yourself some love this Valentines Day! Just because you haven't found love doesn't mean you can't enjoy life. No matter what you do, remember to love yourself

So, how are you going to show yourself some love this Valentines Day? Share how you plan to celebrate YOU this Valentines Day.

25
MandyRuth is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Valentines Day

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 24

• you switch off your phone and ignore all invitations from potential dates. the you choose a good friend and go watch a movie or have dinner or eat pizza at home if all your friends are taken and spend pamper tie on yourself. dont spend valentinesday with someone you dont love its such a waste. you're not lonely you just actually enjoy being around yourself

• I think am gonna stay home for the night, have some nicely made food from a nearby restaurant, watch some good movie or series and spend some alone time myself or spend some time with my beloved roomies.

• Think of all the women in rocky marriages (hint hint: me) and be happy you are not imprisoned in a relationship where neither of you knows they other anymore and you feel lonely and alone even when you're in a room with the other person.

• Give it up for the single ladies.
    www.reactiongifs.com/.../firework.gif

• If I can afford it - I will probably treat myself to some chocolate. Today I purchased 2 chocolate squares for $1.25 each.

• I like some of these ideas and was going to do them anyways. That's basically what I do every Valentine's Day, since I've never had guy around this time. Just a me day doing whatever I like. Feels good actually.

• I just remember this (not that I have ever cared about a Hallmark holiday anyway): Reese’s hearts go on sale the day after.

• Well it's just a normal day. I don't understand why people make such a big deal. Since it's a holiday I'll run an extra mile. Lol

• Being in a relationship is not directly proportional to being happy. Happiness comes from within. When you are with someone special, he/ she will make everyday seem like its just as special as valentines day. Honestly, to me valentines day never meant a great deal. I can say for sure i won't do anything mentionned above and will still be happy on valentines day, just like i am on any other day. Because, i dont like temporarily celebrating galentines day or masturdating to give myself a sort of false assurance that i am doing something for me because noone else would. People need to work on being happy and satisfied with themselvee irrespective of valentines day. And for those who are unhappy about being single, then look for reasons as to why you should happy when you are single, not just on valentines day but every day. When you are single you have a lot more time to discover yourself instead of another person, so make the most of it.

• I don't really like this headline. it implies that for some reasons i'm usually sad during V-day, when honestly who gives a sh** ?

• No Valentine but I will treat myself tobsoke chocolates and continue to tell myself im beautiful and I love me!! lol💁

• Thanks for the share.

• Id treat like an ordinary day tbh..

• Thank you girly😊

• Maybe by not making such fuss out of it.

• Treat yourself to some wine and a bubble bath :)

• Its just another day..

• Im single and happy everyday

• Interesting.

• thanks

• I will meet my female friends and we have a grand party 🎉

• This event turned into a Valentinophobic one. sad.

• Lol, all good ideas! :) thanks!

• Yes! Love yourself! For all my single ladies..
    https://m.popkey.co/6fee85/q0W75.gif

Valentines Day