Being Single This Valentine's Day

A lot of the single ones (including me) it seems, are having a hard time coping with being unattached on the one day of the year devoted to love.

Lets talk about how we can survive being single this Valentine's Day!

Let's embrace being Single!!!
Let's embrace being Single!!!

We imagine that everyone else is in a loving, committed relationship, or at least that they're out there, having a ton of fun dating, while we're alone in front of the TV in our fuzzy slippers plowing through a tub of popcorn.

You're not single because of any inadequacies or shortcomings within you.

Sure, it's great to meet that special someone and have their love and support day in and day out, but that isn't always possible, especially in this age of increasing isolation and alienation.

These days, a lot of us might be spending more of our time unattached than in a committed relationship, and for those people who find themselves alone on Valentine's Day, I offer up a few suggestions.

Being single is not a disease.

It doesn't help if you put yourself down for not having a date on this night. You're not a "loser" or a "failure" if you haven't found love.

Often, finding that special someone is just the luck of the draw. Instead of beating yourself up for being unattached, try to put things in perspective. Think about all the good things you have in your life and be grateful for those.

There's no substitute for self-love.

When you nurture yourself, you feel fulfilled. Sure, you might still want a partner, but at least you won't feel like you desperately need one. And, when you're filled with self-love, you'll be walking around feeling complete.

With self-love, you won't feel the burning need for someone else to compensate for the lack of love in your life. If you do meet someone, your relationship will be based on caring and sharing, rather than needing the other person to fill a void inside you.

Single And Happy!!!
Single And Happy!!!

Being desperate always backfires.

Desperation makes you jump at the first person you see, rather than waiting for the right person to come along. Love, even a real connection, isn't something you can force.

You may or may not someday find the love of your life, but it won't happen by trying too hard. Live your best life and be your best self and if the person of your dreams is out there, they may very well find you.

Rediscover the artist within you.

We were all creative as kids; it's just that some of us forgot how great it is to create. Doing art of any type is going to be incredibly uplifting and meaningful. Art is something that you can do just for yourself.

Being creative is empowering because doing art makes you happy. And, if you gain some mastery, other people will likely want to write, dance or play music with you. Creative collaborations may or may not lead to love, but they're fantastically fun.

Value your friends and family.

You have people in your life, right now, who love and accept you unconditionally, and who'll be there for you whenever you need them.

You may not have a romantic partner, but you do have love in your life. Be grateful for these relationships and put energy into keeping them strong, and you'll feel a lot less lonely on Valentine's Day.

Being Single This Valentine's Day

Giving love fills you with love

Being a kind, caring, generous person will bring you fulfillment and a deeper sense of connection with others. Altruism is extremely rewarding. Always. You may or may not find your soul-mate while you're out there giving to others, but your life will be rich and filled with joy and meaning.

[Hey guys, I've felt terrible for being single for almost as long as I remember and I feel like, his is a topic people should talk about. Let's not forget about the single people out there, right? And also, with this take I've finally ended the period of being inactive on G@G! Enjoy Lovelies!]

All love,

Angelina25 <3

#ValentinesDay

1546
Angelina25 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Well I really want someone to spend Valentine's Day with.
    But ironically just yesterday I rejected someone. I felt like she wasn't a good fit for me. But I kind of feel bad because she was a good person and I can tell she'll have a very hard time finding love. I will too. I always have my whole life. But I think she has it worse.

Anyway, I've only spent one Valentine's Day in a relationship and I can easily say it was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had because I was in love with that person. And goddamn I want to feel that again.
    But at the same time I know it won't happen with just anyone so I'm impatiently waiting for that special someone to finally come into my life!

• If you have to keep telling yourself you're single by choice

then you're probably not single by choice...

People who are actually happy with themselves genuinely are not stressed about Valentines Day. They don't love it or hate it. They just don't care. You people who are obsessed with it are just revealing your own insecurities.

I don't hate Valentines Day. I just hate people who keep bringing it up. Most people I know who are happy in life never talk about it. They are too busy doing meaningful things in life. Y'all have way too much free time if this shit is on your mind so much.

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm just going to do what I've done every year of my life since I've never had anyone to celebrate Valentine's Day with. Order pizza, buy my own chocolate, and play video games and watch movies with my dog. Maybe this year I'll even splurge and get some wine.

• Valentine’s Day never even crosses my mind unless I’m in a relationship so why should it bother you if your single

Join the discussion

1344
  • I'm single, in 6th grade, my friend had a boyfriend who snuck a box of chocolates into her locker on Valentine's Day. We didn't have locks then, it wasn't allowed for some reason. She was weirded out, but I wish I had somebody to give me free candy! :)

• Stop lying to people especially to girls
    If u are single u know u hate it but u pretend u like it and we all know its a lie and u are jelous of any girl tha u see on the stret with her boyfriend holding her hand or kissing

I know this from many sources but girls most of the time say things they dont actually mean when they are afraid to tell the truth

• @Angelina25
    Thank you, for your delightful article. I found it encouraging to read your perspective on singleness, along with your helpful hints and insights on being single this Valentine's Day.
    Kindest regards,
    Gentleman-scholar

• 1. Self love is gay
    2. I don't care about relationships, couples, singles, singles dating their hands - NONE
    🙂 I'm happy the way I am

• I don't know what nonsense this post is on about, I'm well prepared for that this day, single life ain't that bad

• Consider that you could work on what it is that you could develop that would be considered high value in a relationship. My guess is you've never really done that. You simply think you DESERVE something, deserve to be happy, deserve to have a chance. The reality is that it just doesn't work like that. A high value guy is going to expect it.

• Valentines Day Plan:

1. Breakfast in Bed
    2. Chocolates
    3. Watch movie
    4. Dinner for two
    5. Regret eating two dinners

• The best part about being single on Valentine's Day is I don't have someone that does nothing for me but gets angry if I don't do/give her enough on that day since I am the man and apparently deserve nothing.

• Thanks for the MyTake. I never did read much because not so long ago I ended my first relationship, which was unconventional. If I regret breaking up? No. Would I go back with my ex? Under different circumstance perhaps, do I wish to start a next relationship? Noup. In conclusion been in a relationship is the least of my concerns.

Sometimes is better be alone for a time.

• My friends brought up a “Galentine” we don’t need to hang out on vday lol. I just think it’s not that serious it’s another day and I have work but that’s just me.

• This Take made me think more about being single on Valentine's Day😂. Man, I was better off not giving damns.

• I party cause I get to have more chocolates and I can hang out with my husbandos and waifus. 💕👌👍👍

• This might be painful as I always lose those I want most but who test me. Still there are some I can’t have and it hurts even more:$

• Lol. Singles have many options for valentine but thode who are in relationship they have only one option. Lol. 😀😂

• LOL i’ve been single every Valentine’s Day people talking about the 10 year challenge i’m on the next level 20+ year challenge.

• Just business as usual for me , and a reminder I'm another year older 2 days later. Single dad = permanently single , I am happy with that. Never gave a rats arse about this commercial exercise day.

• I don't care about Valentine's Day to be honest. You don't need a day to tell you to treat your woman or man like they are special.

• Well I'll be playing videogames, watching movies and TV shows, playing music all alone just like any other day so...

• "how we can survive been single this valentines day"

Yea... i think i know why your single probably cause you say stuff like that

• Valentines Day is bs anyways. A day shops made up to get some extra cash inflow.

• If it wasn't bullshit it would marketed to make the couples spend time on eachother and not money.

• I’m 13 and I don’t know why I should really care if I’m single because I’m young and I have a future

• Sigh. This is reassuring and all, but it does bother me that I haven't found love yet. I'm 21 and I've never had a girlfriend.

• I’ve totally forgotten valentines day is a thing LOL

• The big problem is that I have no real life friends to spend the time with, and my family would rather spend time with their partner.

• This is what I’ll be doing

• valentines day is really meaningless to me, it doesn't effect me whatsoever. I love being single and focusing on myself, career, hobbies etc.

• Well I grew surrounded by friends and family that didn't care about it, so it passes by and I don't notice much

• First cheer up, there's no rule
    stating that one has to be attached or involved because
    your friends might be.

It is better to be single than
    to waste time, energy, cash
    and effort being with the
    wrong person, for the sake
    of celebrating a calendar
    date... Wait for the right fit.

Secondly, I have a wife of seven
    years we married at eighteen but
    we don't do February 14th because we have three-hundred
    and sixty-four remaining days
    in the year to express our love
    for each other, share candlelight
    dinners or exchange spontaneous gifts on.

Cheer up. 😁👍

• This was a lovely MyTake. I'll spend my day having way too many lectures though 😲

• I think it’s an amazing thing to be single on Valentine’s Day. I love being single

• I've always been single.
    I've never believed in Valentine's Day.

• I've literally never noticed. I have never been sad on valentine day

• Get a male escort this guy is available

• being single doesn't bother me as my mind is occupied with other things

• I am not single this Valentine's day, I have myself.

• I usually order myself a large pizza and binge watch my favorite shows like The Simpsons

• I honestly feel comfortable being single, yet at the same time I wanna know what it feels like to be mutually intimate with a girl.

• It doesn't really effect me. I've gotten use to being single during Valentines day.

• Happy Singles Valentines! <3

• I don't think about this day anymore.

• Thanks for the interesting info.

• Good take

• Nice take..

• Damm GOD! Being single in Saint Valentine's suck.

• Enjoying sales alone again!

• Can someone tell me what the hell self-love is

• I’m still tryna get laid

• But... will you be my valentine?

• l would love to date a girl

• well, I guess I needed this..!

Show More
7