#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

Gift Ideas Girls Would Actually Want for Valentine's Day

Yeah, chocolate and flowers are great. But they are usually filled with coconut and flowers die.

PSA: This is lighthearted and not to generalize and be 'ungrateful.'

Gift Ideas Girls would Actually want for Valentine's Day

1. Food

Not just chocolate. You know what is better? Donuts! Coffee, pizza, B&Js.

2. Underwear she will actually wear

You should probably just take her to Victoria's Secret instead of trying to grab something yourself. Most women will love it, I guarantee. Whether it's comfortable panties she'll wear daily or some barely there, stringy lingerie that might appeal to guys, the more underwear the better!

3. Leggings

Lulu Lemon, preferably. Some good quality leggings make a girl happy. You can even go as far as getting some joggers/sweatpants that she'll love. Actually, any comfy clothes are great.

4. We aren't just Materialistic

A nice, romantic dinner or a picnic or even making her the number one focus during sex is one of the best things. Of course, buying pizza and ice cream and watching a movie all night is better for some girls.

5. Alcohol

Where can you go wrong? It doesn't have to be super expensive. Girls aren't that picky when it comes to pricey wine.

6. Spa Day

Together!

In the end, nothing is better than showing effort!! Girls know that it is the effort that counts. And if you're single, make sure to lock yourself inside, away from the romantic fumes on the 14th! <33

4435

Most Helpful Guy

• heart pizza is awesome

Most Helpful Girl

• Alternative ideas are nice !
    Sweeties aren't really my fav especially not really chocolate... but what is wrong with coconut? 😮 I like it
    Yup for heart pizza! Where do you find it? Waw
    Yup for leggings and comfy clothes!
    He use to gift me flowers, a lot of flowers 🌼🌺🌸🏵️🏵️ really really sweet 💝
    Last time he made me a surprise gift and lol they are lululemon wunder underpants, he worried when hearing me sick and he remembered when we went to H&M of my fav sporty brand, even if having already other similar pants he was really so sweet ❤️
    This time umm my idea is to go to the spa (not nudist!) together, really hoping my idea realizes...

Valentines Day

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 34

• This is the only thing she's getting...
    assets.robertdyas-static.co.uk/.../185091.png

• I know what bjs are, but what is B&J's? Ben and Jerry's?

• "We aren't JUST materialistic."

Yeah right. If you think your girl isn't materialistic, come home and tell her you lost your job, then just click the stopwatch in your pocket and see how long she lasts.

• I think all of the suggestions other than #s 1 and 5 are very good idea, but especially the spa day (I thought the underwear was the second best suggestion). Will definitely file that away for future use.

• It's been my experience that women hate receiving underwear from guys.

• My experience was different (was a wife rather than a girlfriend, so maybe that made a difference).

• My wife never wore any lingerie / underwear that I've ever bought for her.

• Thanks for sharing your Take with GirlsAskGuys Community.

• If she likes books... build your girl a bookshelf for a place to put them and get her book ends to keep them in place while she stocks up.

• What make me laugh about women is how they always want to recieve. You've got a woman telling men what they should get women. How about women tell women what to get their men.

• When I was with my ex usually I was the one who bought gifts and all I wanted back was a time and love.
      Why woman tell men what women want is because she is woman herself and she just knows it. If it's about a gift for a man, it would be better to hear it from men what they want.

But the truth is that yes, many girls want a lot from their boyfriends because there is the stereotype that the man should always make a move and be the one who do things. (I don't agree with this kind of thinking tho).

• @Amylia "Living in long distance relationship taught me that you can have thousands of things but nothing will replace a presence of your bf/gf and this is what we should really appreciate... "

Fully agreed! That is a very valuable lesson you have. I have read something similar elsewhere but I am glad, that some are starting to wake up to it.

• I only want a box of Club Crackers.
      If you don’t believe me you’ve clearly never had some, those things are damn good

• Not just "Food"... but GREAT food. or at least good food :P

• This would piss off any woman. Women want shiny baubles that have no actual use. Anything less and she will be angry.

• I want crackers for Valentine’s Day. Not shiny stuff unless it’s the plastic wrapping on a box of Club Crackers.

• @VaIiant yeah tru

draco malfoy is my one and only love (atm)

• @Safa_Malfoy same honestly he’s so great

• I would do all of these things for a girl if I could.

• Haha, nah if I'm going to waste my money might as well spend it on myself.

• Wet stuff, condoms, edible panties. mmmmm not sure what else.

• Of course, Valentine's day is a day for girls to get free stuff

• She's getting wind pie and nothing chops this year.

• The ones about the sweets are far more acceptable in my opinion

• Think giving her clothes is a good idea, but need a girlfriend first LOL!!!

• I'll buy her a ticket to paradise with me next summer

• I'll Just eat da booty and tear dat ass up

• I like the alcohol part.

• Nice take.
    I don’t agree with alcohol, though...

• now if I had someone to spend it on...

• Spa day for sure!!

• All y'all getting this year are tampons..

• Not something I have to worry about this year.

• So... no flowers? Aw man...

• Thanks but to apply these, I'll need a gf😂😂

• Coolsville

• Thank you

• All of them?

• Great take

• Show more from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 43

• I don’t see why my profile photo has any play into my conversation. And having sex doesn’t effect my views— yes, flowers and romantic stuff are nice, but I always prefer nice sentimental stuff, or food.
    Also, you asking which one I am in an argument like this is creepy.

• I just want to spend it with him, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Maybe that's good, cause I've broken up with 3 guys shortly after spending Valentine's day together. 😂 It seems like a curse. 😝💣
    As for gifts, I get them all the time anyway, he is very generous. What I'd really love would be breakfast in bed while watching cartoons, a day of making out, and a very cheesy gift, like a love letter or a plush toy 🤗

• I've never had a valentine so I don't think I'd be very picky. I hate to be so tacky but I think those massive teddy bears are SO cute, but when I think about it, I don't have room for it and the reason I want it is just to be shallow and show off that I have a cool guy in my life. That being said, we could just go to dinner, or give each other some chocolates, go home, cuddle, have some wine, do what lovers do on this kind of night, ya know. It doesn't have to be a big production.

• These are good suggestions but aside from the chocolate - these are things I don't usually use on a regular basis.

What I would want for valentines day - any one of these things

- a night gown for sleeping purposes and not for beauty or sex purposes
    - something cute like a teddy bear or stuffed animal or plastic figurine
    - something trendy like a jacket or fashionable hat or winter scarf
    - a cheap but strong bag for $40 or less
    - a pair of shoes or crocs for vacation travel
    - a pair of shoes for my niece or nephew
    - a gourmet latte or hot chocolate
    - a plate of sushi or chicken curry
    - a discount corn soup during mall closing hours
    - if they have a cat and they let me babysit their cat for 3 days - that would be an awesome gift for me

• 7. My beloved's time

- I'd like to do some hobbies together with him during valentine. Lets say for example, playing browser game, going camping, hiking etc. NO SHOPPING MALL.

• Good ideas! Really on any holiday, the specific gift is not as important as just knowing he thought of me. So it's not necessary to spend a lot of money.

• I mean you can never go with food, but I agree it doesn't always have to be a physical object... Anything will be sweet as long as it shows that he actually cares enough to think about doing something to make it a special day!

• I always prefer something made from there own self, and not something that give the Valentine's Day marketing

• Food and wine is the key to my heart! I haven’t had a valentines gift like ever. But I seriously would love for him to just bring me the biggest bottle of wine 😍 and some chicken wings ♥️

• to me im picky i like food but i dont like pizza i like chocolates but specific ones thats just me maybe eating me our or pulling my hair thats a dream come true

• A wee picnic or romantic date night sounds perfect.

Totally think it's more important to make memories than give materialistic gifts

• Personal I think the best thing you can give someone is a hug, a kiss, and a day of just being together ❤

• How romantic, coffee in heart shaped mugs are so cute for sure :) &cookies! <3

• the only thing i want for Valentine's day is for it to stop existing.. its a f@ckin joke.

• For valentines I plan to run or walk or jog 5 miles.

• im fine with anything

but i am single forever soooooo

• jewelry and handbags

those strawberries look nice

• i truly love all those ideas they show that you care what your other half thinks about.

• I'd say plan out the most romantic scavenger hunt you can think of turn out all the lights except candles and leave notes leading her to the next set where she lights and have a nice romantic dinner made and waiting at the end result little hing's she enjoys along the way music and dancing and depending on your girl either some kind of romantic night filled with the best sex ever or if she's not that type of girl do somthing she truly enjoys a relaxing massage etc note gifts done have to be expensive and extravagant.. heartfelt is key

• I want an engagement ring!!!

• Food and alcohol are good.

• Nice take, very accurate

• Lovely take 😊

• Awww so cute, true.

• A spa day sounds lovely.

• <3 spa day, yes!

• Definitely homemade food

• i just want me some garlic bread das it mane

• Spa is the best

• I’ll take the leggings please. lol

• Show more from Girls
    13
Valentines Day