Why are Hispanic guys so controlling and possessive of their woman?

You tend to hear that Hispanic guys from Mexico are more controlling and possessive of their women but why is this? Examples, please? Thanks! I'm not racist at all. But I just want to know why?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• because that's they way they were raised..their women are taught to cook, clean, take care of their men's needs and they'd be damned if any man tried to take their woman! I would know I'm hispanic...this is why I'm in no way shape or form intrested in mexican guys myself

• 7d

It depends kinda like redneck men (i live in TX and many white guys here are wifebeaters)

If he is from a poor village than yes he is raised that way

• No, once you're married it will get even worse! why are you settling for that?

• Thanks for your comments! I want to ask you something but please don't think that I'm crazy! do you think that maybe after we are married, he will think "oh, well we're married now, so maybe I won't be so possessive and controlling of her." Do you think he will get less controlling and possessive of me, that is if you think the stuff that I've told you that he's controlling and possessive of me? What do you think?

• Show Older
  • Selected as most helpful

Usually the guy is dominant in a relationship, unless you get a pussy. If they are more hyper about control get used to it he won't change might get worse, you belong to him, his property etc old fashioned way of looking at realtionships, love honor and obey...

• women in their culture are taught to cook, take care of their children, and obey their husband. However in our culture girls cheat like if its a video game.

• It depends on the culture you were brought up in... unless you're one of those rare people who don't follow the crowd...