9 Common Reactions to Being Cheated On

1. Going berserk

It's one of the most common quick responses. You deactivate your logic and let your imprinting come out.

2. ATTACK

It's a way of the anger coming out of you. It's better for the duper to disappear for a while.

3. Hurting Yourself

The situation may even get worse if there is no one to prevent you.

4. Crying

It may even lasts for weeks. It's one of the most harmless reactions and it will make you relax.

5. Passing out

Sometimes you can't stand it.

6. Thinking about getting a revenge

After getting over the shock, you start to think how to get a revenge.

7. Finding solace in alcohol

It sticks around till you complete the espousing process.

8. To forgive

Sometimes you directly forgive him/her.

9. Not care

You don't care and write him/her out of your life.

Which one is you?

1619

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never been cheated on per se but one time a girl invited me to her place for our 3rd date and had an empty condom wrapper just laying in her bed that was from another guy. That hurt a lot and made me feel disgusted considering she led me on and said she wanted to see me more only to ditch me after that night despite having plans for the next week.

But yeah I'd imagine a lot of people felt most of these while being cheated on. I've definitely felt some of these even though it technically wasn't cheating.

• Welcome to the new North America my friend :)

That's why being emotional is not worth it.

• @10dsw That's crazy, usually girls or even guys would complain if their partner was getting fatter if anything.

Yeah and my issue with this girl wasn't that she wasn't looking to commit right away. I was being cautious and going at her pace as she just got out of a 5 year relationship shortly before seeing me. The bigger issue was she led me on and made future plans only to cancel them. And the fact she invited me to her place and her bedroom only to find that condom wrapper and then ditch me and block me from social media like it was my fault i saw that. It'd be different if i was digging through her personal stuff and found it.

Some people would say just move on, there's other women man. It's like yeah but she still led me on and we clicked so much up until that and getting over it wasn't as easy as flipping a light switch.

• This is a great example of why the white knight/gentleman mentality is actually toxic. It ruins women. It's become so easy for a woman to find a relationship nowadays because of all the men throwing themselves at her that over time she loses respect/consideration for the opposite gender. It's only worsening with social media, etc.

I don't blame women one bit for this either. It's normal human psychology. Similar to kids: don't buy them everything all the time because they get spoiled.

Life lesson #1: Do not ever waste your time on one woman. See multiple women at once. Am I going to be popular with whatever GaG girls read this? Nope. But do I ever feel "heartache"? Nope.

Oh haha and I was not implying that you were a white knight by the way =P

Most Helpful Girl

• Number 8. Nothing else ever occurred to me. I have found that everyone is different, though. I've been called weak for forgiving him--even afraid. But forgiveness does not always equate to weakness. We fixed the things that had come between us. Relationships don't have to be disposable just because people make mistakes.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• Wow this is almost like AA for cheating victims. I say this because my first wife stepped out on me (cheated). I confess I did nothing to her in the sense of attacking her or anything like that. I internalized everything (not necessarily the best approach) anyway, I went through sorrow, anger, depression, fatigue, and finally emptiness and then acceptance. I didn't mention forgiveness, because honestly I'm not sure I ever really forgave her. I can safely say though I don't hate her anymore, however what I now have I believe is worse than hate, and that is well... nothing. Were it not for the fact that we have a son together, if she were to fall over dead today, I wouldn't really have any feelings about it at all. As it is the only concerns I would have now, is how it would affect my son, as I would like to be available to comfort him.

Safe to say I have moved on. I have remarried, and while this marriage has had it's challenges my current wife has remained true to me. If she were to cheat, she knows that would be it. No I wouldn't hurt her or anything like that, but cheating is the one, ONE big thing I simply cannot tolerate. If she cheated I would leave her and there would be no going back.

In the end, I have gone through most of the spectrum of cheating impact behaviors, not a good time, especially when I was angry. I didn't do or break anything, but damn I had some very angry and dark thoughts, far darker than I thought I was capable of. I hope I never see a dark night like that again.

• 10. The Interrogator

They're busted. You don't physically attack, but you break down for them systematically what the implications are, and why they can't deny their crime. Make them squirm a little in their seat. Let them know that you will soon be the least of their problems. Make them feel small.

If they still don't care, then life itself has put out an APB on them to find ways to make them care. You simply move on. As you said: you're now the least of their problems.

• My absolute favorite reaction was done by a close friend of mine. When his girlfriend came home one day and admitted to him that she had cheated on him, he just replied very calmly: "And, how was it?" She was completely caught of guard by his reaction because she had expected him to yell at her and go crazy. When she told him that it had been good (I guess some kind of shit-test), he was just like "okay, that's cool" and went to his room. This went on for about two full days, during which he acted as though everything had been completely normal. He remained friendly and nice to her and pretended to be oblivious to what she had told him. It wasn't exactly number 9 because it wasn't some kind of not-caring out of anger and bitterness. It was more like a strategic move to get her weak. In the end, she started a huge fight because she couldn't handle the fact that he didn't even yell or swear at her. I think that was handled pretty well by him.

• Bitch attention seeker sick

• @10dsw Yeah xD Plus, I think it's just a very dignified way of acting. I don't understand why some guys give up their own dignity by throwing around stuff and breaking furniture and acting like berserkers. By doing that, they basically lower themselves on the same, primitive levels as the girl who just cheated on them.

• Yep. And think of it this way: In the long run, she will remember the guy who gave zero fucks about her or the situation.

The guys who say "But I loved you!"... not so much. Despite their good intentions.

• I have never been cheated on because I never had a girlfriend. If I would be cheated on, I'd react like number 9. Won't care, she is eradicated from my life and the next chapter begins for me.

• I've never been cheated on before per se, but I have gone through a few break ups. I go with 7) finding solace in alcohol and 9) not caring. I find that just not caring drives many women crazy. It's the best, and most dignified, form of revenge...

• It depends.
    If the relationship wasn't serious then #9
    but if I was madly in love and thinking of having a future with her then I'll #1,#7,& #9.
    If I'm married and have kids then I have no clue about that lol HOPEFULLY I never have to go through these.

• Anger -> Passing out -> party with friends

• anger->crying->passing out-> used it as motivation to become better in life, that's what I did when she left me for someone else

• I'm "fuck it" guy, so I'd start with #9 and then go drinking.

• i dont know, I've never been cheated on.

• where is the 2nd to last gif from

• 2 & 9 not physical thouhg u forgot breaking up immediately

• I have gone through each of those phases at some point or another, its inevitable with being cheated on

• I am like many and will probably say all of the above

• It would be No 9 for me...& instantly , irreversibly dumped for her !!!

• 8th...
    But I won't tell that to a person in real life or they will misuse it.

• All of them?

• I feel all of those :(

I got so angry, I fought, argued. But in the end I forgave. Turns out I was led to believe there was cheating when there never was any in the first place.

What Girls Said 15

• All of them when I was younger
    But now older that if someone cheats on me just walk away... no point fighting and arguing the damage has been done..

• a mix of #1/#2/#4

• Reason #1 thinking suicide squad was a great movie

• I cry A LOT and dont eat. I get very very depressed, I just can't help it. Its one of the worst feelings.

• Sometimes it's so bad, you go through all of these.

• Never been in a relationship, but if i was and was cheated on, i would act like i won't care but inside i'll be filled with anger and rage though won't act upon it cuz i wouldn't want him to feel like i really cared.

• #4 then #5 and then it was #9

• Never been cheated on :)
    only coz I never had a boyfriend :( :'( ;(

• #9, lol.

• 6/7 yeah!

• I got violent

• I really don’t know much about this scam thing and at the same time , no one wants to be on the losing side. But i just came across this good hacker joecyberghost@gmail. com who really helped me hack my boyfriend text messages, whatsap, Facebook , Instagram messages remotely.. You don’t have to touch his phone while you have access to his conversations through the software he bought and install remotely on my phone , i dont know how he did this but i think he's perfect at it... you can contact him joecyberghost@gmal. com... Tell him Lisa referred you, you will thank me later... h

• Passing out because of someone cheating on you?
    That really happens in real life?

• yeah for some people

• Im going to BERSERK,,.,!

• Totally 9