What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?

What am i supposed to say when i'm all choked up but you're ok?

That song really speaks to me right now, but in all seriousness i'm really fucked up right now. We have been together for 4 years, 2 years then i joined the army and it became long distance. She broke up with me about 2 days ago over a text saying " i don't have feelings for you anymore". Now i know having a long distance relationship is hard, but every time i went on leave to see her it was fireworks. I was going to propose the next time i went back on leave. I know it's not really a good thing but i relied on her for a lot of support. We talked every day/night if we could. She was actually the only person that gave me a reason to have a phone besides work. I know you're supposed to move on and give it time and a whole bunch of other shit but i don't want to. I don't want to do anything but watch the shiny shards of my life glitter on the ground and cry about it.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Life is too short, but it always feels like the endings are too long. I'm terribly sorry that this happened to you. I'm certain that it hasn't been the least bit easy for you. Four years is a long time to be with someone, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not as long as you might think. Long distance relationships are difficult to maintain. I personally don't believe they should go for extended periods of time. You know the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder?" It's not true, at all. It has the opposite effect. I hope you aren't beating yourself up about it. It's not your fault and it's not her fault. It's the wrong time, that's where the blame belongs. You said you don't want to move on, but you will whether you realize it or not, whether you want to or not. Days will turn to weeks, and weeks will turn into months, and then months to years. I want to you let everything you're feeling out. Cry, break something, scream at the top of your lungs, whatever you feel that you need to do. Feel everything you don't want to feel. If you don't it'll stir in your head and you'll start to lose a piece of yourself. I know you feel like you already have, she was amazing and wonderful and lovely and the best thing ever, but no person is worth losing yourself over like that. I hope that I've been of some assistance. Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk. You'll be okay, no matter what, we always end up okay.