My fiancee left me for a rich older man?

My fiancee, she's 24, left me for a 65 year old in March and I'm devastated and cannot understand why. We have been together for five years and were... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I am so sorry to read this. All I can do is put a positive spin on it if I can & if you will accept these. All this may be is the temptation to escape reality, beam me up Scotty & immediately get some insulation from the pains of life. Look at it as a business deal, such as Onassis made Jackie Kennedy - it's not so much love & sex as it is a trophy for him.

Guys are keeling over from late 40's to 70's - some make it past that but not married to 24 year old speed boats. What if the future revealed that she prepared a luxury nest for the two of you to occupy - after the 65yo kicks the bucket? Not your dream but couldn't this be a version of it? Think about your other "us" dreams that would be so much easier to fulfill via loans, cash, property, etc.!

The other scenario is divorce with settlement, then what if she wants you back? Would you forgive her heart that always loved you OR cut off your nose to spite your face?

Perhaps you wouldn't do this for her but it seems to me she just might be doing this for you ... "us".