Long Distance Relationships: A penny for your thoughts

Are you one of those persons that looks down on long distance relationships? Do you judge off the statistics of people failing at long distance relationships? I actually failed at a long distance relationship also and it left me with some horrified memories and a world of pain as deep as the ocean goes. Infact, I still cruise down memory lane on some nights and and recap on things, trying to figure out where did I go wrong and what If's. Like what if I did this differently or did that... I even often wonder if she still thinks of me...

A penny for your thoughts?

But let me get back on track, I apologize. I notice people refuse to ever give a long distance relationship a try because of various reasons like trust, honestly & loyalty, your always gonna wonder where he/she is, or are they telling the truth. I look in my city and my god I see countless flawless women... But for some reason I often feel weird, like an outcast. Just a Hansome guy. I have very well manners and I'm intellengent and respectful. I know how to treat a woman and talk to her and all that good stuff but I think my problem is... I'm very quiet the begin with. It's hard to get more than a yes or no outta me because I'm probably still assessing your personality and checking for ulterior motives to your questions and actions.

Anyway I don't exactly take pleasure in seeking women from across the world , but it is more delightful to run into someone from different cultures and people that speak different languages... It's a turn on and it's exciting to learn their ways of life. How the communicate and stuff... I get so tired of people around me with a casual way of thinking and that one track state of mind... It's almost like a rerun... I guess what pains me most is... A lot of the women I've gravitate to have families that have certain beliefs, such as races should not mix outside of eachother... I've once found the most beautiful amazing Indian girl and.... She was very intelligent but the fact that her family happened to be one of those that doesn't take too kindly to black people.... And its a lot more races or colors that will send subliminal messages that mixing races is a bad idea... πŸ˜” I don't see a skin color I just see beauty. At times like these I often believe the world would benefit from color blindness...

Anyway I don't know if a lot of you feel the way I do about long distance relationships but I just wanted to share a few words passing through my brain... The point was kinda distorted a little bit due to my ranting about my personal experiences... Not trying sound like a cry baby but to be honest that's probably been my biggest problem all my life.. I usually date outside my race and all of the girls that are attracted to me just absoloutely adore me but it becomes a problem when it's time to let families and friends see my skin color, people are always down talking me, saying I'll beat her or I'll be a theif or gang member or some killer. My looks is a plus but the stereotype that hangs over my head weighs heavy and therefore I have to work extreamely hard to keep a decent amazing woman in my life... But back on those long distance relationships, I feel you only live once, and far be it for someone to throw away an amazing vibe/connection you've made with someone just because they live somewhere. Do you really want to stay stagnant and tied to one part of the world? Never seeing the lands of Egypt,or China, or Japan, or Australia, etc...?

I've been in Cali since I was 2 years old and I'm from New Orleans Louisana and I'm in Los Angeles. The women here are great and so are all the people but like I said, you only live once and I'd like to see things and meet new people before I take that big dirt nap, wouldn't you?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

• Nice take. ATM i've been in a LDR for 3yrs. It's been going stronger and strong since we got together. Once you've found the right person you can trust and fell comfortable with. That makes a LDR 100 times easier to get through. :)

• Haha its a very nice view on life. Nice not to find another downer when it comes to LDR's. Hey soul brother lol

• ... Where's my penny? ;D

I agree. I haven't ever been in one, but I think they're great for people who have the time and honest energy to spend in it. It's not for me though. :)

• I'm also in LDR, this is my first time. Yeah, I knew all the constraints and trust issues, I was also spent about a week to reconsider this relationship before I made up my mind. the truth is, whenever we found the right person, it's never be a problem. I had a boyfriend who is near and around me, but there's not much chemistry and we ends up always in argument and fights.

unlike my current relationship, eventhough he's far away, it seems like, my heart is at ease, I feel loved and it also motivates us focusing more to our career, to collect some money towards the marriage, and work our future plan to settle down in the same place. I think it's the bless of this LDR, it matures you and train you how to show your love when you're apart. it hurts but it makes us happy to forsee the next date and plan to meet together. it keep us in track in our life plan. nice article btw! :)

• "I don't see a skin color I just see beauty. At times like these I often believe the world would benefit from color blindness..." --This ❤

I agree that we shouldn't be lookin down to such relationships just because of the stat. LDR could really work too, depends on both people if they'd really work out their differences and fight for their relationship :) It's always nice to learn new things and meet new people.

• i know you will meet the woman of your dreams soon, because you sound like a great person...
    you will find the one with which you will be able to connect intellectually, emotionally, physically; you just have to keep your eyes open and give others a chance

i am sorry your relationship didn't work out, and clearly it is the girl's loss. but i can relate to her constraints.. i am sure she was devastated while the decision too

What Guys Said 3

• I guess you felt it necessary to have all interracial couples when that is the exception and not the norm. Pathetic dreaming.

• I guess you felt it necessary to have a one tract mind and decide for thr world what is to be considered normal and what isn't normal... Pathetic logic... Not to mention the fact your too much of a coward to show your ugly Ass face so you go anon and talk shit like the coward you are.. Not to mention your 45 years old and your still talking shit.. I'm suprised your penis even still works without a pocket full of Viagra to help you stand at full solute... When's the last time you even had sex bruh, 15 to 25 years ago? Do you even have any friends at your age cuz all people your age do is work and watch re runs on television, maybe cut their lawns and play around with old memories in the garage all day long.. This is waayy beyond your time bracket sir, kindly get the fuck outta my post.😌✌🏽

• Thank glad your old ass has given up... I was really tired of listening to you.. Don't forgetvtontake your vitamins

• Don't forget to take *

• nice clips i like it tho i also in a ldr ITS quite nice/ we are going nice

• Great Article, Totally Can Relate Bro (I'm Black) So I Get Where You Coming From! #EnoughSaid.