11 Things To Know About Dating A Foodie

11 Things To Know About Dating A Foodie

"Foodies" are regular people passionate about food! There's nothing wrong with being a little food obsessed, but there are some things you need to be aware of when dating a food lover.

1. They Are Food Paparazzi!

"Don't eat it yet! Let me take a photo first!" They won't let you grab a french fry or take a bite to eat until they snap photos and document photos of the plates at every angle. By the time you take a bite your food is cold.

2. They Are Food Truck Chasers

Storm chasers have NOTHING on food truck chasers. Food truck chasers track their favorite food trucks on social media and plan their social calendars around food truck festivals.

3. No More Chain Restaurants

Forget chain restaurants you both will always hit the hole in the wall restaurants or the dive bar with a good Yelp rating.

4. Chef/Food TV Shows

He or she has all food or chef programs in their DVR. They know their food game like sports statistics.

5. "You need to eat it like this..."

Whether you know it or not, almost every dish has a specific way of how its eaten. Your partner might scold you and say "that's not how you eat that..." but when you eat the dish the correct way, you'll be able to savor the flavor.

6. Writing/Reading Food Reviews

Yelp is a foodie's bible. Foodies hold each other accountable for posting honest reviews and delicious photos. Food and restaurant reviews can save you from wasting your time on an expensive tasteless dish.

7. Vacations And Trips Are Planned Around Food

You're passport will be stamped with the country with the best food. You will stay at a particular bed and breakfast if they have tasty muffins and you might stand in line at the local spot for 30 minutes for a hot dog.

8. "Who Eats More?"

Whether your partner is a fitness freak or a foodie, you'll hear the question, "Do I eat more than you?" Take a mental note that this question is not meant to be offensive.

9. You'll Never Go Hungry

Your foodie partner will make sure you will never go hungry. Whether they are bringing you home tasty leftovers or whipping something up in the kitchen, he or she will win your heart by winning over your stomach.

10. He Or She Spends Their Money On Food

He or she will rather spend their money on food than shoes or clothes.

11. His Or Her Eyes Are Bigger Than Their Stomach

You might think someone else is joining you when your date is ordering, but it's just you two for dinner! Don't worry if he or she can't finish the smorgasbord of food because y'all will be taking it in a doggy bag to go!

Cooking food, grocery shopping, and delectable dining are all things you will get to experience when you are dating a foodie. You might gain a few pounds, but at least you'll never go hungry. Don't assume that the foodie you're falling for cares more about food. In actuality, he or she enjoys food not only because of what it does to your tastebuds, but also because food brings people together and those memories and moments are full of flavor!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• My ex girlfriend was going to school to be a gourmet chef. If I survived her ill take my chances with a foodie.

• who eats more? nauseating!

• Hmm... I only have number 3,5,7 and 10. Ok I have number 4 sometimes. Alright, I'm giving number 9 a certainty also even though I have gone out eating lately. I'd definitely take the person I'm dating to any food place I considered as good. I'd certainly do some cooking but I don't know how to make a lot of complicate dishes - mine are always simple and easy to prepare.

• I may as well be a foodie, because it sounds like fun to be one.

• Sounds JUST the type of person I'd get along with lol

• Sounds like the opposite of someone who's actually passionate about food.

Someone passionate about food would simply read a lot about it and enjoy cooking/growing things.

• They Are Food Paparazzi! I HATE THAT nowadays people don't even know how to eat.
    Especially if I'm out with friend WTF stop picturing food, eat it.

People rely way too much and just for likes to give them fake attention. Just sad, want to go back to 1980. Golden times!

• I was once a foodie with @Ihav2fart, but now we are renegade poets that live under the San Francisco Bridge and sell clams on the freeway.

We are free!

• god I hate foodies. Sorry but food to me is just energy to keep me functioning properly, nothing else. I could never date a foodie.

• I love food but no photo or food tournaments (I had to re-send this message cos my internet passed out)

• Is that a suastica on #10?

• I don't think I would mind dating such a girl except for points 1, 4 and 5.

1. Because it's vapid if you do it a lot, often it's about a very ordinary meal to boot. No need to throw every single meal online, in my opinion
    4. Because I just don't like TV chef shows. Tried getting into it in the past but it didn't stick
    5. Is fine, but it can become really annoying eventually, I'd imagine

Nice read though :)

• It sounds awesome. I would like to find a foodie girl after reading this. And I bet that she would cook like a boss.

• Food is soooo delicious and I love making and eating it

• I've never heard of "truck chasers" that is great.

What Girls Said 13

• This is describing me ahhaa

• A foodie will take me to the best restaurants, which is awesome! :)

• I thought I was a foodie until I read this take. I rarely take pics of my food because I don't want it to get cold.

• I think I'm an eccentric kind of Foodie lol - I don't eat a lot but when I do it always needs to be an extraordinary experience and hell yeah I love documenting what I eat with photos 😋
    Nice take!

• Very much enjoyed this take, i'm a fitness foodie.

• Great take lol :)

• It is best when you are a foodie to date another foodie or better yet, a chef... at least in my experience. I love my Chef. <3
    Great take.

• @MarkyyG123 you know how much i love food, but you should be glad that im not as bad as the "foodies" hahahhahah

• Hahahahhaahahahaha ain't that the truth haha :") thats just it though, I'm that bad >:D haha <3

• This is so true

• I'm definitely not a foodie, but I LOVE good food and eating.

Great take by a true foodie :)

• I live near a city with a bunch of foodies. A lot of this is so true!

• I LOVE food but the only thing I can relate to here is number 10

• Now I'm hungry