The Male attributes Females are most attracted to

Most women prefer dominant alpha males, this is related to their genetically encoded attraction towards the hunter-provider male whom nature has proven to possess the greatest reproductive fitness. But what exactly does it take to be an alpha male in the 21st century?

Physicality

The attributes females are most attracted to

This is not about 'good looks' or 'pretty boys'. Height, facial hair, musculature and a square jaw line are all attributes of a man that can defend himself, and therebye defend a woman from physical harm.

However, in the modern day, a man with powerful connections does not need to possess these traits himself in order to protect his prize. This brings me to my next point.

Charisma and Leadership

Powerful men have powerful allies. When a man can convey his dominant alpha male status through the way he walks and the way he talks, women will be attracted to him like a magnet.

Staying cool under pressure

The silverback gorilla has been known to take care of his pack but not just through mere might. His confidence and relaxed nature is what makes his subordinates feel comfortable around him while he is still able to scare away foes through his natural authority and leadership.

Social Calibration

In the modern day it is important to be able to command authority without being a cave man. This is because of risk aversion most people have towards hyper-aggressive and confident men. Therefore, the contemporary alpha male must maintain a fine balance between his desire to succeed and the necessity to smooth over his relationships with other men (and to a lesser degree, women).

Ambition and Success

Ambition is the drive to succeed and without it, man cannot hope to attain his goals. Success is what gives man the ability to provide his woman with the material comforts she needs to feel safe.

In conclusion...

the_rake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 12

• I agree with this take, thanks :)

• i agree because my boyfriend is everything you've mentioned and i fell for him so hard. i'd never been into this ”alpha male” type before but it's really hot, partially because it's amusing and partially because i know that he has a sensitive, shy core. he's just good at being a leader and evoking fear in others. everyone likens him to a lion. he even looks like one.

• well now, that is a good reason for falling for a man: your boyfriend will have a strong survival instinct if he is a true alpha male and therefore he will be more capable of providing for yourself and future offspring. this preference for the hunter -provider is very much genetic and dates back to the monolithic era so congratulations for being in tune with your true darwinistic nature.

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Pretty sexist too if you ask me.

"You have to take multiple dicks to be truly "feminine"

• @M_A_X polygyny refers to the opposite - a state of affairs in which a small minority of high status males copulate with a larger majority of women who prefer to copulate with them to mating with other low status (beta) males.

• Alpha Male = Male version of Female's Feminazi.

The term is a giant turn off. I don't care how wonderful you actually are; if you refer to yourself as an alpha male I will write you off as a colossal idiot.

Call yourself assertive and collected and assured or whatever, but for the love of all that is holy, stop with the term. Makes you sound like a giant meat head with nothing good going for him except that he happens to (maybe) posses some body part that might constitute a penis and that he likes to through his meat head head around being ignorant.

• That's cool I understand most people just associate the term withmeatheads it is out of ignorance. However I have no problem with calling myself alpha and am happy to explain its meaning.

• Why are you so butthurt

• @DaddyRollingStone some women have a hard time accepting the fact they are attracted to dominant men. this is especially true in the present state of affairs in which feminazis essentially tell women they must behave like men. quite sad really...

• I'm not sure if i agree or disagree, I shy away from guys like this

• Fear not - a true alpha will eventually find you and whisk you away into a wild feminine fantasy. You will not have a chance to consider fear.

• You will not have a chance to consider fear - You will make bad decisions

• I remember when I was attracted to "dominant" men. I got over that quickly! And realized it kind of a stupid way to think about things.

Really, you'll only attract girls by talking about yourself this way and acting that way. And the only reason- that -will work at all is because of the confidence anyway.

Men and women in relationships understand that in order for a relationship to work well, it must be balanced.

I've learned from a few of my exs about who NOT to date. Lol! And this is a good example.

• Hello , yes, confidence - a key attribute of an alpha male - is attractive to women.

• i am greedy and i want my man to have all that. even more. i want MY man to take me in my fragile form and carry me, not only physically but mentally too. OUTSIDE i am a powerful woman who stands firmly on the ground, can look after herself, her man and her children. Nothing feels better in life to give up total control to a man who is willing to take it all away!

• Hello,

As a woman that is feminine enough to admit what it is she wants you are a truly rare and remarkable phenomena. I was fascinated by your post about BDSM relationships and I believe it is the only way for a man and a woman to realise their purpose in life as nature... and maybe God... has intended it.

Regards.

• specially in today world. You laughed at and judged. "Do not judge me, please for I am the one who is living in a beautiful world"

• I see. Well it is indeed a compliment. I think that the world needs to hear from a smart and feminine mouth such as yours. I would indeed encourage you to share your views on female attraction and sexuality eg through mytakes. You would have my full blessing - and indeed it would be my honour - for you to reference me - the_rake - as well as my posts on here should you have time to spread the word in a similar vein as myself. I believe true love and sexuality between man and woman in todays age may depend on it. I bid you good luck!

• So you consider yourself a dom.
    Don t you get bored of that?
    Mixing things up a bit is alwayd fun no? ;)

• Its all true... well, thats a change lol

• Of course it's true: I said it

• *wink wink nudge* ;3 riiiiiigght

• I don't understand the need for these ambiguities. As an alpha I do not read between the lines this is a very unbecoming behaviour. I merely state things the way they actually are.

• I liked your Take! I agree! I'm only attracted to an Alpha Male

• that's perfectly acceptable: most women find alpha males the most attractive prospects since they are most capable of providing hence appealing to the female survival instinct.

• I don't agree with most of this.

• That's fine: you are free to dislike as you please. Just understand that most women are unaware of what sexually motivates them (programmed darwinstically). This has been proven scientifically.

• Rachel,

I do not intend to be condescending. The reason I focus on intrinsic qualities in a man (charisma, ambition, leadership, etc.) is because it is that confidence that allows a man to better his chances. This is to phrase this phenomena in less than preferential language. Essentially, if you have any field experience as a man then you will understand that as a male the only way to boost your chances with the female population who have all too different attributes to which they are attracted is to

a) approach as many women as possible (hence improving the already unlikely chance you will find a woman attracted to You, given the fact that women are attracted to so many different attributes that can vary according to time, location and the individual in question)
      b) polarise the. woman fast enough to find out if she is actually attracted to you or just playing games.

This is the essence of what it takes for a man (who must play a dominant role in so far as he must be the initiato

• *initiator and by nature WANTS to be the initiator although he may not understand this on a conscious level. This was the case for me until recently.

• Alpha male lover here... Just gotta say I don't think I'll ever meet a guy with a squarer jaw them me lol

• Awesome. Men tend to dislike alphas but women not so much.

• This doesn't apply to all women. I personally don't like dominant alpha males.

• Then, what do you like?

• @the_rake go cry some more, your tears are delicious. You're obviously just a little wimp who's insecure about his own masculinity, so you have to lash out to others.

REAL men don't get their feelings hurt so easily over differing preferences. Grow up.

• Haha! Damn, girl! xD

What Guys Said 17

• Christian bale in American psycho, classic.

Good write up!

• Haha I'm glad somebody noticed. Still it cannot be denied that the ambitious corporate psychopath was highly desirable. Nobody said an alpha male needs to be moral ;)

• That movie has made me have fantasies about physically assaulting coworkers haha.

• I think most men are sick enough of their female coworkers so that is fair enough.

• ♋🔜 cuse I'm alpha

• Who gives a damn about what women want?

• Men wishing to be successful.

• you have a long way to go... good luck!

• Laugh now: when the alpha male league of lions hears about your atrocities, there will be heinous retributions. Repent now, it is your last chance.

• "Alpha" ... there seems to be a confusion in that term.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a bar bouncer part-time, ex-military, and people nicknamed me "Thor" ...

So I'm a big dude and I can take care of myself and a few others when the need arises.

BUT...

I would say that STEVE JOBS, who I'll imagine had no fighting skills and was not very imposing physically, was an ALPHA MALE.

ALSO...

There are one helluva lot of "Alpha Males" in prison. I don't think many women are attracted to those guys - though some apparently are.

Soooo... there's "good alpha" and "bad alpha" ... and smart women aren't attracted to "bad alpha".

I have found that most Navy SEALS are "alphas" ... and women sure love them. They're "good" alpha.

I don't think the term "alpha" can be an all encompassing description of a person because the individual personalities of "alphas" can vary wildly on the spectrum.

• Yes alpha males (such as myself) tend to use different attributes to their favour. For me it is my masculine greatness by virtue of my being an alpha male.

• Men, you are meant to be logical. 90 percent of these women are telling you that they agree. Accept that women like specific things, and that the only thing holding you back from having successful relationships, is your all encompassing laziness, and dedication to all things worthless to success. These attributes are fairly easy to acquire with hard work and dedication.

• Thankyou, it seems many men are blond to this. I believe it is the fear of accepting ownership of and responsibility for their lost manhood. This is what holds them back.

Regards.

• An alpha male does not declare himself an alpha male, the others do that for him. However i prefer to be the omega male.

• This is false: I state my alpha male status like a lion roars.

Regards: a true alpha male.

• I don't know who you are but i'd drink a beer or w/e with you.

• Yes, I have been known to guzzle ale like a Viking god. Kudos.

• Whoa look an internet pick up artist wannabe lmao

• Hello,

As a true alpha male I have never identified with this trend of PUA canned material and pick-up line bullshit. I merely tell my woman the way things are going to be - with her at my place swallowing my sweet alpha semen after I have ravished her and defiled her innocence.

• No one who refers to themselves as an "alpha male" is such, as anyone who does has a 4 inch penis.

• I beg to differ - a true alpha should not feel ashamed to claim ownership to his hard earned attributes. For me it is merely a fact which I will state proudly as sure as the sky is blue or I have a penis the size of the great god Dionysus.

• in a few words becoming a narcissistic sociopath serial killer freak. thanks but no thanks. i'll as meek and low profile as i can. may never a woman come in my life if its written.

• When it comes to meeting and attracting beautiful women it is my way or the high way... I am glad you have realised this true fact.

Regards.

• well you are loser compared to others who have more money, better lives, more and hotter women. If that was what life is about everyone would lose compared to someone who has more. but this bigger and better, overconsuming shit is an American logic. its a degeneration. all these keep you enslaved. you brag your supposed alphaness while you are a slave to the things that supposedly set you free. true freedom would be a man who needs none of this. there is no peace in your path. but you need your constant confirmation. you are pathetic. no really, i pitty you.

• With all due respect I am great, not pathetic. And I do not need to compare myself to other men because I know there will always be some capacity in which I am greater or more masculine than they are.

Regards - a true alpha male.

• American psycho...

Here... let me give you my business card...

• It cannot be denied that the hunter) provider of the monolithic era is the Patrick Bateman of today.

• That quote at the end is so beautiful. I shed a tear.

I think it can be any combination of these things. I do believe you're right that these are attributes female admire I do feel you undermined appearance some. It is understandable though since plenty of people focus on appearance, but yeah I feel you.

Still is it the ambition or the success that women are attracted to? I say the ladder. Male celeb after male celeb has said that when they weren't famous girls didn't want anything to do with them, but once the money is coming in now they want to ride them.

Funny how people believe in you after you make it... not before.

• Hello, thank you for taking the time to respond thoughtfully.

Yes, it is a genius quote and Tywin Lannister is one of the most prominent alpha males of the game of thrones series.

Appearance contributes to the overall package but I maintain that darwnistically, intrinsic factors play a stronger role in survival. This is the prime motivator for female attraction; passing on genes. For men this is true also but they are more interested in reproductive fitness since women are neither hunters nor providers darwinistically. This is how older, successful men like hugh Heffner can still be attractive to beautiful women while most pretty boys in their twenties are mostly ignored.

It is the ambition because success can be inherited while the drive to succeed is an intrinsic quality. Alpha males can come from all ranks however those that have succeeded, working up from nothings have material 'proof' of their conquests. These men are the most desirable of all. In short yes it is the ladder

• i'm sorry, but this is complete bs lmao. Looks are #1 for anybody dont even front.

• Sorry but I just know too many good looking guys that are rubbish with women.

• Yeah i know looks aren't everything, but i was saying that they are definitely #1.

• Plenty of good looking guys would disagree

• I sort myself down to a beta guy cause I don't wanna fight anymore. I was once the alpha in a group after the beta guy tried to put me down and I showed no emotions (he like put me high up the wall and waited for me to cry or so).
    I don't wanna be part of this animalistic system

• There is no rule an alpha has to hide his emotions.

• Yes it is the beta wolf. For most people there is no middle ground, gamma and beta are lumped into the same category. But true alphas know they must work their way up the ranks. As a younger man I was beta challenging the authority other men held over me. Now I am either in charge or walking my own path. Either way I control my own reality. I don't really care about fake social niceties the way others are, I just apply them if I believe it is in my own survival interests. I despise the social dynamics of Machiavellianism most people use to seek validation however it seems to me a necessary evil.

• * omega not gamma

• Its amazing how charismatic and funny you become to women when you are wealthy, good-looking, and tall.

• I know lots of rich guys that can't gets woman unless they pay for one. Good looks doesn't do shit either once our pretty boy has to open his mouth.

Overall though these things dofeed into status which is a pro not a con.

• There are a ton of women that not only dont care what you have to say, but laugh at every word (even if its not funny) if they are attracted to your looks and height and money.

• Please, don't draw my attention to your own logical inconsistencies when you assume its good looks women are attracted to (the belief you are attempting to prove) by assuming that other intrinsic qualities (eg humour, charisma, etc) are not attractive to the woman who is only interested in the underlying extrinsic qualities (eg good looks - again the principle you are attempting to justify) the entire time she is showing interest. You will understand what is meant by question begging if you truly understand the rules of debate.

• So many attributes lol. Yeah... this is why tequila rules.

• I agree mostly--except when it comes to height. Height has little or nothing to do with ability to protect. Weight does.

A Silverback Gorilla is roughly five feet tall, but it could destroy any human who's ever existed,

• Weight, I will not disagree with. However anyone that has ever boxed or taken up a striking discipline over 6ft knows they have a deadly advantage when it comes to range. Plus height will contribute to weight anyhow.

• The most brutal MMA athletes seem to be tall AND heavy. Then again MMA is not as practical or useful eg than systems or krav maga. Etc. in my opinion the most powerful alpha males own apaches and AWPs or they are wealthy influent

• Wealthy influential men that command armies from high political office *

• Great take. When a man can convey his dominant alpha male status through the way he walks and the way he talks, women will be attracted to him like a magnet.

• I am glad you liked the quote. I used a picture of the charismatic JFK because the greatest leaders in history possessed the traits of a true alpha. There are many men like him, from Caesar and Genghis Kahn to Napoleon, Stalin and Winston Churchill. None of them good and none of them bad but all of them greater allies and savage foes.

• Good take. I liked the Staying cool under pressure stuff. A bad tempered guy is a turn off... for everyone!

• Good point youtube silver back gorilla Rsd... it is where I got the idea. Another documentary shows how primeape strategies can be replicated in humans to maintain authority. This is by taking space and using open body language to negate tghe emasculating effects of oxytocin which beta males produce.