Dating Girls is a Straight-Up Waste of My Time: I Want WOMEN

Dating Girls is a Straight-Up Waste of My Time: I Want WOMENI've pretty much had it with girls. And when I say girls, I'm talking about the immature females who are somehow even less mature than some of my guy friends...and that's just pathetic.

Here are a few differences between girls and women that have become deal-breakers for me.

Girls somehow manage to turn everything into a mind game. No matter what you say or how you say it, the girl will always find a way to turn it into a battle, if only to prove that for some reason, girls are always right. It's this constant drive to take the guy down a peg and it just gets boring.

Women will call you out when you're acting like an idiot but they don't spend their days trying to mindfuck you. A woman respects the man she's with and doesn't always try to come out on top...and no, that's not supposed to be a pun.

Girls are constantly jealous and honestly have the potential to go ape-shit crazy if her boyfriend even looks at another girl. These chicks actually scare me. They've either been cheated on one too many times or they've got inherent trust issues or whatever; either way, they're freaky. And if they're not going to trust me, why bother?

Women expect the man to be faithful and trust him to be exactly that. They're not scoping out his social media channels on a daily basis, listening in on phone calls, restricting him from having any female friends, etc. They're individuals who trust. They've grown up. They believe they've got a good man at their side and they believe in him.

Girls think you have to be together 24/7 or it isn't a relationship, or they think you're losing interest. Even if you step out for an hour, they want to know why you didn't take them along. For whatever reason, it takes girls a loooong time to grow out of this.

Women understand what it means to be an individual, and that both people in a relationship can maintain their individuality. They realize that both people occasionally need some alone-time and this can - and often is - very healthy for the relationship. They take some free time themselves, as well they should.

Girls freak out over the most trivial shit. They actually care about dumb crap like relationship status on Facebook, how you ended your last conversation (did you say "I love you" or did you just say "bye" and if it's the latter, what does that mean?), etc. It's as if they go out of their way to find the most mind-numbingly meaningless stuff to obsess over.

Women look back on this stuff and shake their heads, rolling their eyes. They start to focus on stuff that actually matters, like how she feels about her man, and how her man feels about her (which is all that should really matter, anyway).

So yeah, I know the distinctions now and I'm just so done with girls.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 34

• These two paragraphs...

"Girls think you have to be together 24/7 or it isn't a relationship, or they think you're losing interest. Even if you step out for an hour, they want to know why you didn't take them along. For whatever reason, it takes girls a loooong time to grow out of this.
    Women understand what it means to be an individual, and that both people in a relationship can maintain their individuality. They realize that both people occasionally need some alone-time and this can - and often is - very healthy for the relationship. They take some free time themselves, as well they should."

... are among the many, many reasons why EVERY relationship should go through a long-distance phase, at least for a short time.
    Long-distance sucks for a few reasons, but it's a GREAT filter for codependents, people who don't have their own lives, and people who are excessively possessive/jealous. If you are with one of those, it won't survive even 2 weeks of long distance.

__

In essence -- yeah, I agree with most of what you say here.

There's a significant overlap with what I wrote here... you may want to take a look:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1945941-how-when-a-girl-learns-to-be-a-woman
    (mho opinion)

__

The only thing I don't love here is that "Girls want attention, women want respect" thing.

First, even grown women often can, and do, want attention. Some kinds of attention become even MORE enjoyable at a certain age.
    Like, when I can still turn heads/stop traffic on my nights out, even now that I'm about 10 years away from menopause? Now THAT is fucking awesome.

And, "wanting" respect... Eh. I don't necessarily WANT respect, but, I have class, and as a result I GET respect.
    I have never in my entire life thought to myself, "I WANT respect", or "I should work to earn respect from [person]". Nah. Classy is as classy does. WANTING respect is a pretty good sign that you don't actually deserve it.

• 10 years from menopause :D got me chuckling

There's nothing wrong about wanting respect. Whether one actually gets respect, is another matter, regardless of their desires for it. Often happens, the people that deserve respect don't do what they do for that end exclusively.

• Wow I've been acting like a girl, and rarely like a woman :( I like this myTake... it has opened my eyes... This should be taken as relationship advice as well. Thanks for this Take :)

• If you want to be with a woman you will have to act like a man and not like a boy. So yes a woman will not play mind games but she won't take shit from you either. She will trust you and not spy on you but not blindly. She won't mind you have time with your friends , that doesn't mean that you can go out with you ex girlfriend because now "you are friends". If you wrong a woman she will just turn her back to you and walk away from you for good, no talks, no second chances, no endless thinking about it. Many claim they want "women and not girls" but they are boys themselves

• sometimes I wonder how it's possible for some girls to be over 20 yet have the mindset of a 12 years old...

• Usually, it comes from being babied/spoiled just because they are girls. This tends to be especially bad in girls who have brothers and whose parents spoiled/babied/coddled them in comparison to the brothers.

• @redeyemindtricks This happens quite a lot !!

• I see a lot of myself in the women things, which pleases me. remember that us women want a man not a boy too :)

• Funny that, because I'm fed up of boys doing the same with me. From the guys that flirt with me and then deny it and the guys who flirt with me but are already in relationships to those guys that always follow you around, invade your space but don't have the balls to talk to you. Because you didn't take them by the hand, they start acting weird and your the one whos at fault. If a guy never acts on it i lose interest. Looks aren't everything. I want a man, who's honest, has a good sense of humour, confident enough to talk to me and knows what he wants from life. I can't stand being messed around anymore. I prefer a straight forward approach because I like to know where I stand with guys.

• I totally agree with you. It's unfortunate because your right its a two way streak men want women women want men.

• Wel you are 35 so you should not be dating girls anyhow. Let them grow up and date people their age who are just as immature. That's how you learn who you want to be. No one should be rushed into a false growth bc they are with someone 20 years older. It's not real and they'll keep relapsing bc they never learnt they just rushed.

• I am here to annoy you with semantics... :D
    You don't want to date insecure females. That's all you said here.

I do none of these things, but because of my "cute" face people always label me as girl. Don't smear my label mister! :O

• So true. I get told the same. In fact my face can pass for a 15 year old. Everything that he is describing sounds like an "insecure" woman with trust issues and possible issues with self-pride as in always wanting to win an argument.

• Glad to see you've seen the light... :-)

• Those ''women'' don't exist. We all get jealous, we all want to be number one in a guy's life. It's in our nature. We can't just be cool about douchy behavor. Some girls keep it quiet not to upset you but deep down they feel resentment.

• I think this is regardless of genders to be frank... who would like to be number 2 in the eyes of the person whom you value the most? heck, kids dont want to be seen inferior to their siblings, or else they get hurt...

I think jealousy is natural and necessary, it creates a climate of control, that allows rules and boundaries in a relationship. However, too much (what a person deems too much varies between individuals- so even then its another important thing to match!) can leave a person feeling stifled, look how a parent might nag too much- yes they love the child; but they're not allowing the child to have a life at all.

I think jealousy goes hand in hand with love, okay maybe a just caring, but still a sign that you value a person greatly.

• Love this opinion! 👍🏽❤️

• Frankly, most of the guys my age or older who want younger women are creepy. A lot of men want girls (as opposed to women) because they want a partner they can push around, who they can convince the girl that she can't do any better and is lucky to have a guy, girls who won't call them on their shit and tell them get it together or get out.

• Very, very well put. I agree completely with a these points. Even at 25, I see women around me actingike giggly preteens and being all dramatic. There's nothing wrong with being bubbly, but these behaviors are childish at best and destructive at worst.

• I agree with you. Some of these grown WOMEN are petty and act like children.

• I love being a woman.

• I totally agree. Still gotta remember a lot of men that claim to want a woman still act like little boys

• True... So so very true!!

• a man who understands what I want!!! nice take.

• I completely agree with everything you said there

• I enjoyed this take and reading it women rule.. lol!

• More from Girls
    14

What Guys Said 31

• I will just say Amen... but some of the ladies who have resooded do have valud points as well... I want a woman who is well rounded in every aspect... Independence is nice as well... its good to have your own things to do then discuss them later on before making love to remind each other how good it truly is what you two have... Hopefully one day I do find a woman who meets all my needs for now, I am doing me to get to where ilI need to be in order to obtain the woman I want; It must be equal in every aspect yoh know... both you and she must bring enough to the table to help each other in ways that are needed... like Mariah said... One Sweet Day... without rhe death being involved!

• Well written but I'd agree with everyone that says age is not about calendar years but state of mind. Believe me I know that well enough by experience lol

• And this my friends, is why I'm starting to look at older women. Like 30-year-olds. I cannot deal with this foolish and immature crap that women my age throw at me.

They play games and I have zero tolerance for that. And a lot of them want douchebags, since they're so exciting. I don't feel comfortable being a dick and I feel more comfort in being myself: a silent loner who enjoys wearing gothic fashion and doesn't like to show emotion.

Not to mention that these stupid girls, for the most part, are lol up in their heads. I am generally a stern man with poor humor, and most women my age don't like serious men.

I'm also a realist and I'm sorry ladies, but life's not a fairytale.

I'm through with this love crap and will wait for older and more experienced women, as opposed to this puppy love glorified in garbage like Twilight, Divergent, 50 Shades of Grey, etc.

As a realist, I have zero tolerance for all this fucking around and neither does my sister, who doesn't like young guys fucking with her either.

• Good luck, I haven't found a woman yet. Girls think they're women when they have a child. Just like they think they work hard by getting government assistance, raising a child on their own, and think they've earned their house when it's been given to them by public assistance. I know, I've dated of single mothers, none of them have an intellectual capacity any higher than that of a 16 year old high school girl.

I'm sure there are women out there, but definitely not in my area. I'm hoping the west coast has more to offer, but I have my doubts of that as well.

• Dating girls is fine, it's just unlikely you'd keep dating them for reasons pointed out in your article :)

It's somewhat of a mystery why you attempt to understand the.. cough.. mentally handicapped.

It's good you know what you want. However, complaining about the numerous fault about these "girls" is another fine way to waste time. Do you think that would change anything?

• I have to admit this is not only corny but horrifically insulting. I can see why it got so many upvotes.

• Cheers to you bro! I feel the same way. I am definitely more and more tired of young girls and more into women as I age, maturity is sexy. :)

• Thats actually better for younger girls because believe it or not some younger "girls" have little to no backbone and are easily taken advantage of by "older " or "more mature" men. That beind said, yeah maturity is sexy and yeah I dont have none of that lmao and thats okay

• Why should you want gurus you're an adult.

• @Azara I mean "girl " as in mentality, there are definitely 30s females that don't have the mentality of grown women. :-/

• im not attracted to "women" though. also i dont notice any difference between older women and younger women.

• I am still young so I guess I can waste some sometime of girls like @thunderstorms
    @Schrodingerscat
    @overthinkingmind

• That take is golden man we talk a lot about the difference between boys and men but we just forget the difference between girls and women thanks for sharing this

• I would just call it

Girl A: the one who only thinks inside the shell and cares about her well being

Girl B: the girl who is able to care about others and how she can influence things

Well who doesn't like a person that makes you feel comfortable around rather than A

• I prefer older women anyway. Much better to connect with, you can actually have a conversation with them, and they know where you're coming from.

• All I have to say enjoy the sex. Most girl and women come and girl. Stop stressing over women. Get them naked and enjoy your day

• I love this take. We need more women and less girls.

• The way you described "girls" is essentially my ex in a nutshell. Glad to know I dodged a bullet.

• Sounds to me like you can't handle a challenge. Or you're just getting old.

• It doesn't make any sense they're all the same dude

• I feel ya dude!

• Similaly women would be much better off dating men instead of boys.

• More from Guys
    11