Girls: How to be Wifey Material

Girls, so you want to be wifey material. Gather around and learn a few things to help you beat the odds (the USA currently has the lowest recorded marriage rates in USA history) and get a guy to want to put a ring on it. What brought this on? Dating a girl who had the guts to basically say that she didn't want to date unless I thought marriage was a strong possibility... but who lacked the brains to make the changes to be a wifey material.

Thing is, any man with the looks/game/skill to get dates and get laid... can basically get whatever he wants without being married. A lover? Check. Lots of hot sex? Check. Kids and a woman living in his home with him as a family? Check. Marriage offers men no promises today, just risks. So let's go over some things that can help you, oh wifey-want-to-be, encourage a guy to ignore the risk and make the dive with you.

1. Be attractive, not slutty

It's a balancing act. Work on your looks, but keep it both somewhat modest yet cute. And yes, looks matter MORE when you want to be a wifey, because the man has to think not just about how you are now... but how will you look in five, ten years, possibly after kids? No one wants to be married to a land whale! Exercise, eat healthy, keep your hair long, avoid glasses... a few good tips.

Also of note, don't be slutty. Dress like wifey material. Attractive, but not slutty. Here, let me show you how different looks are on the same girl.

Below: Wifey Material Candidate. A cute young girl who looks like some good, handsome guy would happily propose.

That degraded too: Hot, might have Herpes: plenty of guys would probably take the risk and bang her. Possible girlfriend for a convict or definite FWB/booty call.

See, you want to go for the proper look and lifestyle if you want a guy to imagine spending the next decades with you. Don't try to just inspire lust: you're a woman. Be feminine, and it will inspire masculine attitudes like protectiveness and caring. And obviously when you dress modestly, he won't think you've been with 10 guys. (From a man's perspective--if a girl has had a lot of partners, why should I make some heavy commitment to her if ten other men already had her and didn't need to?)

2. Be a Sweet, Loyal Girl

I know, you're probably told a LOT how if you're sassy and "don't put up with crap" men will respect you and like you. In the short term, that might make you entertaining to be around. In the long term, a guy might get tired of that and the thought of dealing with that for 20 years is a turn off. Be a sweet girl, not "sassy."

Also importantly, be loyal and constant. Don't be dramatic and flip out. Don't give pretend break ups to see what he does.

Realize: no guy is going to be giving you the tingles at all time. Just as you're going to be boring sometimes to him, some days he's going to seem kinda dull to you. That's life. That's also because unless he's an experienced womanizer who is putting the moves on you 24/7 to keep you on your toes, the hormones will not always be surging.

Or to reverse roles, would you want him to dump you because four days this week you came home tired from work, had a snack, and relaxed with a movie instead of giving him a strip tease ending with... a downward dog stretch for his pleasure?

3. Be willing to oblige for him

Okay, so you probably won't need to drag anyone with one hand while shooting with the other. (Relationship goals for self: find someone great enough that would happen if needed!)

Point is, we men view marriage as a huge responsibility, a massive commitment that yes, involves being responsible to provide and protect for a girl and be there for her. If you show you're willing to do things for him, it helps make the idea more appealing. Such as, if he loooovves long hair, be willing to have long hair. Or if he loooooves when you wear red, be willing to wear a lot of red. If he loooves when you send him cute pics (even not nude pics) then send him cute pics. When a girl shows how much she cares through little things like that, it has a big impact. (I actually got a remarkably well handmade card this year for my birthday, that looks like something Harry Potter would have found in the Hogwarts gift shop. My heart melted and my opinion of that girl went up a LOT.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in review. Maximize your looks, but don't be slutty. Be sweet and loyal, so when he imagines spending the next decades with you, it's not a scary thought. Remember, no decent guy is going to be giving you the tingles 24/7, just as you won't be giving him a strip tease and pouring a drink every single evening. And lastly, be willing to oblige with little things to show how much you care.

Have a good one!

RationalMale is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 45

"Don't try to just inspire lust"? Is this a favor from the perverts?

In all honesty, I think that the concept of lust is all in someone's head. A person's fashion statement has nothing to do with how he/she inspires lust. One can dress decently and some individual would still lust over him/her.

Lust isn't the problem. You gotta send a positive message with it, otherwise you'll seem disposable. If you wanna be wife material you can't be disposable.

Good god you are controlling. Rather stay single with no kids while having two to three dogs, my perfect tiny house, a great job as an EMT, and travel somewhere I have never been every year.

You are butthurt for not fitting in his standards? Lol. You sound bitter and insecure.

• 21d

I would rather not meet your standards. Thank you god I don't.

• 21d

Oh, no doubt lmao

Um...

How about... find someone who shares similar values and interests as you and a mutual attraction, and then treat each other with respect, trust and dignity?

nice and simple
      and lets be real
      this generation is so messed up
      why would i want to wife up this generation

@relaxrelax

You want a woman to care about you for no reason? Like, you don't want to be a partner... you don't want to offer women good solid reasons to be with you?

You don't need to offer a woman the fuckin world, but obviously no good woman is gonna love you and want to commit to you if you don't want to put any effort into building something with her.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds to me like "women" are not the problem here...

no i never said that
      i will offer something
      but i want her to think a certain way

she has to have a certain thought process
      im different from other guys
      my whole family tells me

and i can't change her thought process its her choice and only her choice
      and there are women who think the way i want
      but there either taken

haven't found one yet that's not taken
      lucky bastards lol

Thanks for telling me all the things I shouldn't do ☺️

Then dont attack people for having preferences

@Ksjsg I attacked nobody lmfao

this is some good advice, however you can be the greatest woman ever but if you choose the wrong guy who is insecure and immature, he won't see the value in it and will play you and take advantage of you regardless. i definetly agree that you should be sweet and loyal, but only to the right guy. unfortunately if a guy isn't husband material he doesn't deserve that treatment, or even the time of day

67.media.tumblr.com/...lw3olcjWeG1r8058ko1_500.gif

What she said ^^^^^

Your alias is hilarious. And ironic. Rational male? Ya right more like irrational male. The world doesn't revolve around you last I checked and that wasn't too long ago bro. So why don't you get your head outta your ass? And stop telling womankind how to act or behave for that matter.

These are contributing factors to a unhealthy and abusive relationship. Oblige your man? Fuck you. if you want a Equal PARTNER. And not a ABUSED DOORMAT. Then don't listen to this. It's bullshit. I can smell it from my end of the world.

1. Yeah, im definitely lacking in his department
    2. I guess I can be loyal?
    3. uh, sure

I want the dislike button for gag.

It's funny because you can be loyal, you can always be covered, you can always listen to him and do what a guy tells you. But the only thing that will actually get a guy to commit to you is if he actually wants to. Like guys never cheat on good girls and some of them don't go back begging for them. What about what makes the girl happy? A girl life isn't to serve or make sure a guy is always happy. She has her own problems and life to be concerned about. How about instead of trying to please a guy how about a guy trying to please her? How about a girl standards aren't too high maybe the guy needs to better himself so that he can be good for her. This id what is wrong with this generation. People always say what the girls do wrong or what they should do or don't do but never what the guys should do.

This sounds shallow and strict

"masculine traits of protectiveness and caring"...
    ... That's not a myth? I've been thrown under the bus waaaaaay too many times by guys.

There is not one set definition for being wife material, whatever that even means to begin with. Some men may like a woman that dresses a little "slutty", but whom they know is very loyal. Others may look for women that are always conservative no matter the situation. If both people are honest about who they are and what they are looking for it will work out. No need to try and fit some perfect model.

My advice to guys.
    Never tell what you like in a woman if your standards are high. Insecure and ugly women are going to insult you for wanting a woman better than them.

Girls You are so insecure that you wanted to feel desired by a random guy. It is funny that you got butthurt after finding out you didn't fit in his standards.

It is funny. So many upset women saying how much they don't care or how I'm clearly a loser. But if they didn't care they wouldn't bother posting an angry reply to what some guy posted. I could look like Shrek for all they know!

Hmmm okay.

I'm wife material so that's great ^-^

ಠ_ಠ *writes down* mhm uhuh *raises hand* Uh Question? Sir? Let's saaay a girl happens to be a huuuge nerd. does it increase her chances with the 'girl next door- buddy' feel? Or decrease her chances because mirroring a girl's expectations, a guy wants a girl to be cool?

It decreases her chances of being his girlfriend

@Ksjsg I see, I see. u_u *nods sagely.* Whelp! :D *throws out notebook* time to gtfo

„avoid glasses”? oh dear.

Do you actually think women are lining up to have kids and cohabitate with men who don't marry them? I think you need a reality check.
    The only reason I would ever get married is because I want to have kids with that person. Otherwise there is no point. And no need.

And a girl can dump you if you are not giving her what she wants. No need to write a condescending take to make yourself feel better about being kicked to the curb.

It is just a take. He doesn't ask you to be his girlfriend.

@Ksjsg
      And why are you speaking for him? Are you trying to be his girlfriend? Because he's all yours if you want him

I always thought people can be who they are and simply search for someone they're compatible with.

If someone is really deserves to be called out on their bs and is started to take me for granted or treating me poorly then that would be a very good reason to apply this:
    "don't put up with crap".

Not sure what's wrong with the glasses part. I'm lucky that I'm one of the few members in my family that doesn't need glasses but I don't see how that can be such a deal-breaker.

What a load of sexist trash

• More from Girls
    25

What Guys Said 24

These are your opinions. My opinions are a little different but nonetheless these aren't my opinions they are yours.

You should never be controlling in a relationship, this isn't the 1970's where the man owns the house and can tell you what to do. Marriage works only if you work as a team and if you have equal amount of commitment.

He shouldn't change for becoming like every man.

@Ksjsg In a religious point of view, but having sex does not deem you less respect or honor depending how you conduct yourself.

Sleeping around does

LOL. Mate, a girl with common sense and self-respect knows what to do and what not do to.

Someone writing a take about good manners.
    Take about girls:
    Girls opinions:

No, will not change for the better
    i2.kym-cdn.com/.../untitle.JPG

Take about guys:
    Guys opinions:

I should have started yesterday~
    memesvault.com/.../...Make-Me-So-Happy-Meme-17.png

Maybe Wifey Material means something different to different people. At this point Id settle for a beautiful girl who understands the way my mind works and has patience. Knows not to bother me when I'm painting, or ask a lot of questions during sports. She'll be well compensated. I have my moments of boyfriend awesomeness.

1 should be modest and attractive, not slutty. Good my take

The female opinions are half the reason I'm going to probably end up marrying a Polish girl.

Wow... I can't believe you used the word "wifey." Smh

That's definitely not my type of girl... lol :P

Well stated.

Dude like WTF!! Have you ever had a girlfriend? If you treat your girl with respect and you love her, she will probably do anything for you not because she "has" to, but because she really wants to. Thats the difference.

"Or to reverse roles, would you want him to dump you because four days this week you came home tired from work, had a snack, and relaxed with a movie instead of giving him a strip tease ending with... a downward dog stretch for his pleasure?"

Wowowow, are u serious? This is a joke take right, cause you can't be this retarded.
    I can't believe such shit is featured. GAG only cares about traffic, not quality, not a surprise to me...

Better and less complicated advice:
    Be yourself. There's someone out there you're compatible with. Not saying you can't work on things. But don't work on things to fit a mold of what you think men (or women) want. Work on yourself to be the best you that you can be and present the most accurate picture to men (or women) of yourself that you can. To someone out there, you're everything they've been looking for.

Haha, just look at the female responses. No wonder this world is screwed. Women will die alone and cry at the end.

so you want women to become sex slave robots?

i dont think all guys want is sex... i just dont understand your logic. from your post it seems like you agree with what was being said in the subject and then you wonder why we can't "see into your brains". this guy is shaming women and you agree with it all... so yes, you need to figure things out for yourself

#wineme2014 okay, whatever. bye. you don't seem to get it

I only agree with a few things but I want to point out, that dressing slutty/revealing isn't appealing to me. She of course can dress anyhow she wants as long as she doesn't look like a get-n-go-fuck-target for the creepy perverted pigs.

But why even marry? We lose everything when we marry.
    Just do NOT marry and live happier.

Marriage is useless.

bless you and your palm for that is the only wifey you shall ever know:p

Just my opinion

This take missed out on a lot.

none of those chicks are attractive.

Just be a team. You think my parents have a wonderful marriage become my mother bows to whatever my father wants? NO! they are team! and support and admire eachother. that is a true wifey husbany marriage. lecturer on the internet won't change their minds.

I will not tell my future wife what to wear. I'm far from a control freak.

• More from Guys
    4