People's Preferences - What Do They Prefer?

"Do guys like curvy girls or skinny girls? Do girls only like muscular guys? Do men only like really thin girls? Do women find chubby men attractive?"

Everyone has different preferences to what they like in the opposite or same sex. If you meet a consecutive number of women who say they love guys with six packs and a muscular physique, that doesn't mean all women find only muscular men attractive. Even those who say they only like muscular men wouldn't turn down a lovely man just because he doesn't have a six pack (those who do are incredibly shallow). I know many women who find skinny guys much more attractive than muscular men.

If you find that a guy has only ever dated really short girls, it doesn't mean he would turn down someone for being tall or that he's only attracted to really short girls. If he was a decent person, he would base most of his attraction on your personality, not your physique. If you tried to work out someone's type by who they date, then you'd be mistaken in thinking I only go for muscular, martial artists when in reality, it was pure coincidence! I've had people tell me that I only date white guys but that's because I don't know many black/asian guys - I've never ruled them out!

What I'm trying to say is that everyone has preferences but it doesn't mean they're limited to just one or they're really strict about them. A vast majority of people have a variety of preferences or they have no preference at all. People don't care about ethnicity, religion, skin colour, height, size etc, as long as that person treats them well, they find them attractive and offers what they're looking for in a relationship.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

You shouldn't be concerned when you see people usually going for one kind of person. Don't quit in trying to date someone because you think you're not their "type". If you don't know them well, how would you know what they prefer anyway? If you feel like you don't fit in with society's expectations of beauty, I can guarantee that there are people out there who would find you attractive and would want to date you, you just have to find them and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it!

You are beautiful

Hannah591 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 12

• Your awesome take brought me to another awesome take :)

• I am attracted to skinny girls.
    Although some have curves.

• IT is a preference based on one's upbringing. We are drawn to what we think is beautiful as a child, This is why many men look for women who remind them, in some way, oif their mom. This may be physical or not. Once a preference is set young, it rarely changes. Some guys have no trouble with very large women, others do. I tend to love curvy women more than stick-women, but that is just me. This is also a cultral and generation thing, but you will not find one answer that overwhelms you.

• I agree with you mostly. But understand that if a man or woman only likes one type of physique it doesn't make them shallow or indecent. It simply means they that kind of physique. It means they don't lie to themselves to make society happy. It means they are realistic and understand that a relationship in which they are not physically attracted to their partner cannot succeed.

• I think she's trying to say that most people put their feelings before their preferences and won't reject someone they like because their body isn't their type

• @Nuns_in_Heat I meant exactly what @been_waiting said.

• @Asker Okay.

• Women and girls hate Chubby, fat and overweight men. Hell even overweight women don't want to date overweight men.

• Men and boys hate chubby fat and overweight girls. Hell even overweight men don't want to date overweight women.

• You've said the complete opposite of what myTake was trying to get at. There ARE women out there who like chubby/fat/overweight men, they may be rare but they DO exist.

• @ Take Owner their rare alright like an Albino Alligator.

• I have been with many different types of women. My girlfriend s a bbw and she means everything to me. I think there are people who have a preference and those that do not.

• Sporty girls are the best ;)

• People have every right to their dating choices... i don't get why this phases people.. it doesn't affect them!

• There are a lot of people who feel that the opposite sex only goes for a specific type, like overweight girls often feel men go for skinny girls when I know there are men who like big girls.

• i see nothing wrong with a set type..

• I personally goes more for the personality than the look. Though I have to agree that look makes a big impact on me too. :)

• If I can be picky for a moment here... I prefer slender girls, not too skinny though, with small breasts. Light skin with black or dark hair. But most of all, I like a girl who is confident and happy with herself. Apart from obese girls, I really don't care too much how a girl is shaped.

• Exactly my point. You may have preferences but you're not entirely restricted to them.

• "I know many women who find skinny guys much more attractive than muscular men." Where can such women be found?

• My college for one. :P

• You should ask the women themselves.

• I should.

Girls that avoid me on first sight are hard, as are those that I can only contact via online dating services that stand me up. The ones that turn me away before I even get so far as to ask them out directly are also difficult.

This doesn't leave many.

• Short curvy girls with long hair!

What Girls Said 8

• This article is on point.

• This is one of the best takes that's been posted recently.
    A lot of people are misinterpreting it as "all preferences are bad and you're a bad person if you have them" which isn't what you're saying at all. And then there's a couple dudes who probably just read the title and started listing what they prefer lol. God this site pisses me off sometimes.

Good article and I agree. I have preferences but not limitations.

• I agree that people have different preferences what they find physically attractive. However, in my opinion men tend to have a more strict type than they don't want to depart from. Lucky for both genders, their horizon tend to broaden the older they get.

• I kinda agree, I think that when it comes to a racial preferences, a lot of people stick to It because they haven't seen someone who doesn't fit the sterotype of that race or they probably do and refuse to accept that everyone is different, when it comes to my race I always hear guys say that women that look like Halle Barry or Beyonce are an exception but everyone else isn't, I think that if people have a preference (not saying that they have to) try stepping out of what you usually go for and you may get lucky, if I see another " I won't date this race because they look/act this way" then I'll flip because it's impossible for everyone in that race to look or act the same.

• Very nice take :).
    I would like to say I do care about ethnicity, religion, skin color, height, and size. Due to past experiences I have become a very picky woman. However, like you said though I may have preferences but I'm not entirely restricted to them.

• I think I like who I like, I don't really have that much of a preference to be honest. All the guys I've liked in the past are quite different, appearance wise. Right now the guy I like is sort of chubby but I think he looks perfect haha

• Well you're an example of those people who don't have a preference, I'm like that too.

• Tall, dark, and Handsome!!

• That's a stereotypical preference, but if you were to meet a guy who was your height with blonde hair who treated you like a Queen, I doubt you'd turn him down.

• Of course not!!! All the guys I dated were Tall dark And Handsome. But I'm down with the swirl.

• Just read some of the comment and this one cracked me up. specially when i read take owners response ur a funny guy.

• You write really great takes/articles just thought I'd say that

• Thank-you! I didn't expect this to become a gagTake, but I'm glad you think they're good! You're the second person to appreciate them. ☺