Do looks matter? What is Beauty?

What is beauty? Does beauty have anything to do with looks? Does how you look determine how far you get in life? Is it really, the salvation to everthing, or have you been completely lied to? Lust only brings destruction.

If I recall, lustful desire to be beautiful lead to the death of Snow White's step mother. As a matter of fact, this quest for vanity transformered her into a monster, even though she was physically appealing on the outside her heart became dark and black on the inside, she dies at the end of the story. I am convinced now, Snow White was never about Snow White, but the story of a step mother, who's quest for beauty and vanity lead to her own demise.

Also, shall we take a look at the story of Beauty and the Beast? A man who was handsome and had everything, but didn't have a good heart at all. The witch merly transformed his inside to his outside, and revealed who he truly was. However, did it matter how he looked in the end? Absolutely not.

Do looks hold a person back from love? Does it hold them back from changing the world? Does it hold them back from fighting against evil? I remember a wise man once saying.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Looks don't mean a thing. They are utterly meaningless. Any desire to be most beautiful leads to destruction of yourself. Lucifer, had been one of God's most beautiful angles, but he was evil in his heart, his beauty became his downfall. Looks do not matter, truly it is how you treat people. Do you love people? Are you kind to people? Do you see humans as precious and valuable more than anything. It doesn't matter how much makeup you put on, or what your butt.

Do looks matter? What is Beauty?

Hair, breasts, eyes, nails or anything on your body looks like. Seeking these sterotypical beautiful things will destroy you. Are you happy looking into that mirror? What's in your heart, is what attracts people?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• You know, in an ideal world this would actually be true...
    Unfortunately, reality, by definition itself, is far from the ideal.

• Looks is the packaging it plays big role for impression. But without the support of good content, it might means nothing.
    Unfortunately, not all people want to see the content, they just want to collect the beauty of golden boxes.
    (Sorry bad English)

• Honestly, looks shouldn't matter. Some it does and to some it doesn't. I believe looks don't matter as long as you have a good heart or at least mean good. A guys look doesn't matter as long as he tries to say the least.

• I only care about what the face looks like. I don't care about the rest. I will never judge someone for their weight, skin colour, hair colour, etc. I don't care about that at all. A girl I know gets made fun of so much because she is hairy. I hate it so much because she is so nice. It's not her fault she is hairy, and she tries her best but the hair grows back quickly if she shaves. She is really pretty too, so she doesn't deserve to get made fun of.

• I find this ironic. For the MOST part, people can change their weight and hair color (and technically, skin color) if they want but they really can't change their face... at all. Even plastic surgery doesn't do much for that.

• Doesn't matter. The face is the most important. Anyone will agree. Search this site for face or body, and you will see that most people will choose the face. Sorry.

• Well science says yes, and that people are also treated differently aswell like a study showed that babies who were unattractive to their parents got abused more.

• This is the first take that has moved me. Most beautiful thing I read on GAG. Earlier, I used to be highly superficial. Not only did I judge people, but I judged myself as well. Extremely harshly. I never gained any peace that way.
    But looks are nothing. A person's nature make them beautiful or ugly. I have seen that some of the most perfect looking people have such filthy hearts that their beauty doesn't even matter.
    At the end of the day, nothing remains but a beautiful and caring heart <3
    Thanks a lot for writing such a beautiful take! <3 :)

• Excellent take, you are very wise. Its certainly inspiring and admirable to know that there are still some people like yourself who actually see past the illusion of lust and vanity consuming most of this world. Honestly, coming across your article really does feel like a sign. Tediously all I do is get upset over how much I don't meet society's standards of beauty and as ashamed as I am to admit it, I definitely noticed how repulsive my character is. It's the worst it's ever been so thank you very much for your humbling words helping me to aspire to be a beautiful soul instead of a beautiful shell, God bless you.❤️

• This is true and I liked the examples! Beautiful people tend to have more privilege in life but it creates problems as well. Outward beauty creates biological attraction but you can't love someone until you truly know them and see their heart.

• I agree, expect that last part. Love is unconditional. However, choosing to spend the rest of your life with someone is different, because you would want your spouse to be working with you not against you. However, love is so much more. Love says, when I see every wrong in someone, I continue to be love them. God loves all his children, despite what is in their heart.

• Great answer.

What Guys Said 11

• Looks definitely matter I'm afraid it's true. The world is jugmental and image is the key to a lot if people's success, people get life changing careers just because if the way look, your attention is diverted to the looks of a beautiful women passing you by in a store or on the streets, the image of a Bugatti sitting on the street grabs your attention and makes you take a moment to admire it. Looks and image is what inspire people to create things, you see a beautiful image in your mind and you might want to draw or paint it. You see images or a prototype in your mind and you might want to build it.. You see the faces of women or men and your attracted to them and you can only imagine yourself kissing their lips or biting their neck or even laying with them. But when you see something ugly your mind sends signals to your body telling you go look away, or some people even make face expressions and others may throw up. Looks and image matters in every department, your only human. Some people have the gift to look at the possibilities and the bigger picture while other's are still stagnant. {Example} The bigger picture is, in some relationships people may be considered ugly but they have the ability to make you evolve and progress in life so others will look pass their beauty or image in hope to gain something better.

• Looks do matter a lot. and i hate to be ugly. I hate my eyes and my lips. If only my eyes were bigger and my lips were thinner. But i'm ugly and hate my face people look and turn away almost immediately not once looking down what lies beneath so i one day said fuck all you fuck you fuck the world. I don't give a shit about what you think about me. I am who i am and you will never understand my loneliness.

• I agree looks don't matter too much for men. There have been several relationship experts who have concluded that "success"-defined by income, and social status are more attractive to women than a man's looks. Personally, I think there are too many gold-diggers.

However, it couldn't be more false for women. Women are harshly judged on their looks, especially their weight. Why do you think almost all P*rnography , "Sexy model" magazines, television ads and such are targeted for men? Because men are more visual, it's actually a biological difference.

With that being said, I would agree in an IDEAL world, looks shouldn't matter but unfortunately, it does.

• Wish it was true :'(

• Of course it does, why do you think there are so many single guys on here complaining.. because girls aren't attracted to them, there are exceptions..

• No, girls are attracted to them. Some dont have the courage to ask them out or they choose to hide their personality. Also, no man would want a woman that shallow anyway, because that wouldn't be love.

• looks does matter because people are "shallow" if we treat every person according to his character we will all be happy and no one will be single, but unfortunately we are shallow

• Not everone is like that. I was showing that beauty is so much more than the physical.

• yes it does matter.

though success is subjective, so i won't say it matters in that regard. plenty of ugly rich people, sports champions, business people, etc.

• Looks are part of initial attraction. You can't make a relationship last with just that. All looks fade, especially after kids for women. Chose your mate wisley.

• Martin Luther King was a minister who advocated making "moral" judgments and discernments. His dream will never be realized in an ammoral society.

How can King's dream be realized when you have everyone today saying, Don't judge me, yes asthho!

-_-

• Anyone who advocates secularism and moral relativism and then quotes King's Dream in the same paragraph is a hypocrite and hack of the worst order. King was none of those.

• Great take. Looks matter when it comes with beauty of character. Looks draws attention and like any other physical thing brings joy...

• outer appearance is nothing boy. but it takes time to understand reality. you can't grew up without this mistakes...