Is seeing each other once a week enough to build a relationship?

I'm starting to see this guy, and it's starting to be a routine of knowing we'll see each other every week (usually Sundays). I work a 9-5 job, and he works nights so our schedules are different. As well, I get regular weekends and he gets Sundays & Mondays off... that's why we plan for Sundays. It doesn't bother me so much, but I do wish I could see him more and not always on Sundays (I usually get home at 1 and have to wake up at 6 to get ready for work :/). When we do see each other, it's always amazing and we do text each other throughout the week, but still... I'm starting to really like him and our conflicting schedules is sucky.

Do you think seeing each other once a week is enough, or should I not get my hopes up? :/

Most Helpful Guy

• 1-2 times a week is actually very healthy. You won't get burnt out so quick like people that see each other everyday will. Gives you more to talk about and also makes your time spent with each other more valuable

• Good point, I definitely do miss him the whole week till we meet up again. I just wish we could see each other even one more time per week :/

• Very understandable. Maybe with some time you guys can work out a better schedule so you can see each other a little more.

What Guys Said 5

• Does your guy friend know that you would like to see him more than just Sunday from time to time? Maybe tell him something like this..."I kinda like ya, lets mix up the routine and hang out late Sat one week and Monday the next? What do you think?"Lol. Before you know it, you guys will be stringing those days together ;-)

• If he feels the same way, once a week is plenty :)

• It s a good start, maybe you 2 can talk to your bosses and see if you too can get your sechduals looking better so u can see each other more often.

• I wish :/ Our schedules aren't changeable right now; he works at a bar and I work at a firm - but maybe eventually things can change... I hope lol. Thanks!

• sure :) as long as u spice up the date and do something fun and unique every now and then ur relationship should be fine

• Thanks! I guess it's just difficult, especially since it's the beginning, of knowing where we stand. It seems like we are at a good place right now, and I don't want to pressure anything. I like that we do different things every time (walking by the water, cooking at his place)... but it also makes me miss him more :/

• I've been there, it's worth it if you want to work for the relationship. You will cherish the relationship that much more just because you both are working on it.

• That's definitely true, thanks! I guess because it's only been a couple of months I still have those unsure thoughts on where we stand/scared to get too invested in case :/

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah (: as long as you guys are in contact throughout the week it can work !

• No :( but if that's the best you guys can do, then make the best of it

• It doesn't seem ideal to me either :/ But both our schedules aren't changeable right now, so we do make the most of our time. I just miss him the whole week till I can see him, and since it's the beginning (only been a couple of months), it makes me wonder if it's worth investing my emotions :( I really, really like him though! :S