Why do people assume I must have a preference because I dated a black man?

So I'm a white girl who dated a black man. Why do most people assume then, that I prefer black men and will only date black men? My friends will joke, and if a cute black guy is in the room they'll get my attention. It's like they assume that the whole "once you go black you never go back" things is true.

I never see this with other races though. My other friends have dated hispanic, asian, and middle eastern guys, and no one assumes they have "preference" or wouldn't date a white man. So why me? Why do I get the stereotype?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's because of expectations that everybody prefers people who look like them for a partner. It's frustrating because they think you think just like they do. The thing is, even if you have a preference for certain physical or cultural characteristics that one group or another has, I don't see how that's a problem or anything to be defensive about.

What Guys Said 6

• "Once you go black you never go back" is not true for every girl. Some people are low key racists. I know they'll disagree but w/e. I don't care.

Next time they hate just say:

www.polyvore.com/.../img-thing

• Lol true. I mean, I think hot black men are hot. I'd date another in a heartbeat. But I'd date any race of guy I found attractive. Non-discriminatory. So I don't want to be labeled and then miss out on the potential love of my life if that makes sense lol

• Same. I'd have a romantic/sexual partner of any race. They sound jealous to me. I think they realize that your one of the few who actually don't care about race.

Many white girls will say they find black guys to be attractive, but would never date one. Nobody bates a eye at that. That's all find and dandy, but when you say you'd actually date one everybody goes crazy.

• YA ONCE YOU GO BLACK U WILL NOT GO BACK BC WE BLACK GUYS HAVE HUGE DICK IF U TEASTE BLACK DICK U WIL HATE WHITE ONE OR ANOTHER ONE BC WE GOT CHOCOLATE FLAVOR

• Fuck what they think. Date who you want to date and tell them to get some business. Maybe they hate you because they aren't you.

• Because blacks are the most hated racial group in the history of mankind.

• Multiculturalism is White GENOCIDE, don't do it!

• Most girls that do date black guys only date black guys or at least prefer them. It honestly sounds like that's the case with you. You just want to argue about it.

What Girls Said 1

• I'll be honest which is a sin. But I think its because most white girls don't go for black guys.