Thanks for everything, does it mean goodbye?

One of the few texts I've gotten from this guy I've been seeing was just wanted to say thanks for everything. If I said it I would mean good bye. So guys is it good bye or really thanks for everything?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the whole story. When did he text this? Out of a sudden or between conversations?

What Guys Said 3

• I'd need context to have a good idea. If I'm walking away or texting after being invited to a party and driven there by a friend, I would say "Thanks for everything!" with the intention of it meaning "Thanks for doing all these things for me. I appreciate it."

• I would say that would depend on the situation... but if everything seems happy between you then i would say that there's a 90% chance he's expressong his appreciation.

• It could go either way, really. I think it'd be much more common to use in a literal way than it would be as a way to say goodbye, but that's just me.

• I know it's a tough call. Leaning toward literal but going to have to take the high road wait n see approach

What Girls Said 3

• I too am wondering the same thing.
    I saw my man this morning and I help him out he said he will call me later and I should see him later around 8pm after he is done recording

As I was driving back to my house
    I Received a text message saying thanks for everything babe.

Is this just letting me know he is appreciative and grateful for everything i do for him? Or is it a blow off
    Thanks

• Yeah it's a tough call I have stopped talking to that guy and have met the man of my dreams. I think he was appreciative, but didn't want a relationship either

• I have used when trying to say good-bye to someone in an indirect way and that I didn't think I would run into again. I was really thanking them for everything they had done for me. It seemed an easier way to say good-bye.

• Can't tell. Ask him to explain