You're not allowed to date... till college?!

Do you think it's bad wanting to wait till college to get into relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's damaging to yourself to wait. My parents always used to say "you can date when you're 16" and honestly, they probably wouldn't have cared if I did when I was 15. But it didn't matter, since they never pushed me, I feared their disapproval by dating too soon and never had the confidence to really attract anyone anyway. Now I'm almost 21 and I still can't. All I can say is that if you don't date through high school and especially by college, you're just going to miss out on life experiences and a huge learning opportunity, not to mention great people that you may meet along the way. I know, because I missed out on a lot and everyday I wish I could just be like some of my friends who didn't have to go through what I did. It can be frustrating because it feels like I'll never gain control of my own life. Don't deny yourself what you want, it just isn't worth it. You won't benefit by waiting.

What Guys Said 2

• Not bad necessarily... just weird. On the one hand most people don't truly know who they are or how to date correctly until at least college. Ont the other hand if you don't start now you might not know how to date correctly when everyone else does.

• Personally I don't even think you should get into a serious relationship until AFTER college. Though that isn't really realistic, you should still understand that people may come and go, but how you do in school will influence how successful you are in life, and your capability to take care of a family.

So I think that it would be a good idea to wait until at least college to start dating/ getting into a relationship, though keeping your priorities strait.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's bad. I think it's a good decision. When you're in high school, you should be focused on academics, not relationships. Most people are not mature enough at that age to handle all of the aspects of a serious relationship; of course, this varies on a case by case basis.

• no it's not. my parents actually always advised me to start dating only when I'm in university, but of course I went ahead with dating when I was 17. now I see why. your priorities change when you're older and you regret some stuff you did when you're younger. there's really no harm in waiting to date, you handle everything better when you're older, matured & more experienced with life.

• I believe that waiting 'till college is the smartest decision you will ever make. You have to worry about your studies now. Guys will come and go, but education is really what's important. :)

• No. it's actually better. The quality of guys are so much better. I think you should stay focused so you can actually get to college and then start to date. I waited until college and it worked out well.