Are white girls/guys the most attractive race?

It is not my intention to start a race bait question. I find the that most people hold white people up as the standard of beauty. Why do you guys/girls think this is? I'm really interested in the perspective of white folks. I understand how media may have an affect but honestly, I feel it's a pretty small factor and the grander scheme.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 15

• The person known as the 'most beautiful woman alive' is an Indian actress (Aishwarya Rai if I have the spelling right) its all about proportions and facial symmetry. Google the biology behind why we find certain things attractive. White people might seem to have more opportunity to have more of these 'attractive' features (light eyes with a dark rim, small pointed nose, large round eyes)
    I think the standard of beauty is changing drastically, especially in the last few years.

• That is bs. What about people in Asian countries for thousands of years did they evolve this desire to prior to white contact when they had no idea about these features? Give me a break. There is zero functional logic in that.

• Blue eyes has been found to be a mutation. All people had brown eyes and tan or dark skin prior to anything else.

• So is red hair, but a lot of people love that. And it doesn't change the fact that its easier to see a dark rim on lighter eyes. All of this is subjective, I was just trying to give a possible answer about why 'everyone thinks white people are the most attractive race'

• I think it is not true. People can be beautiful and attractive regardless of their races because beauty is a combination of many things. Looks, intelligence, confidence, goodness , personality together make the awesome combination.

• Please do not misinterpret this as white folks simply finding a mate due to their skin color. Of course there are other factors involved but being white is a HUGE advantage.

• Not at all. I've seen too many beautiful people from all races and ethnicites for that to be possibly be true.

• I agree. That doesn't change the fact that most people find white people the most attractive skin color in the world.

• Honestly, I think there in lies the problem. So many colored folks feel inferior to white folks. It's not like white people go around saying they're better, which brings me to this question.

• No they just shove the attractive people from their group down everyone else's throats until people are forced to either grow irritated or attached. For me it's the former

• Not sure why that is.

I guess since the white man invented couture fashion (Charles Frederick Worth), bringing in models later on... who were white... it caught on. o. O

• one of the reasons white people are considered the more attractive race is that in the 19th century, the whiter you were, the more socially accepted you were because if you were pale, it meant you didn't need to have a job outside like farming which meant you most likely were wealthier.

• if sri lankans colonized the world then everyone would see sri lankans as the most attractive race

• i think there are many beautiful caucasian girls and boys but i haven't found them to be my type since i was in elementary school.

• I see. You are the exception.

• asker: my father is white. i was born & raised in the states. i had crushes on boys of other races until i was 12 when i started to find only oriental boys attractive.

• oh sorry not asker, @crayven

• Nah there's attractive people in every race. There's people that think that way because that's all that's shown on the media white people. At least the majority are white.

• No, the media has brainwashed everyone into thinking so. I personally think Latinos are sexiest men I have ever seen. Besides white people tan all the time.

• I dont think any race is "the most attractive" but yes white people have a good amount. Still, I think all races have "a good amount".

• That's a one sided notion. Its a myth.

• It isn't a myth though. White people are generally seen as the beauty standard. I'm willing to bet a world poll will reveal that white people are the most desired skin color on the entire planet.

• @dominiquois i know i am baby ;D

• @keyspirits: :* Duh.

• I hate white people unless there nice cause most are just plain rude. MEXICAN POWER!!! Lol

• I love white folks and Mexican folks lol.

• Hey I totally feel you on that. I'm sure that has a lot to do with being a minority. Something different will most always stand out in the crowd, sometimes its a good thing, and sometimes bad. Where I live its pretty much the opposite since I'm in the minority. Even with other white folks I still stand out and everything gets noticed. Can be extremely annoying lol

There's cool people out there if you give them a chance. Sometimes you just have to get to know them better. Someone that seems rude at first glance may turn out to be your closest friend.

You seem like an intelligent, attractive, and level headed young woman. I'm sure you can make the best of your situation and be very happy with life.

• Very good explanation. And thx! :)

• Nope. There are attractive people from all race, countries and ethnicities.

• I agree. That's not to say that white people are often viewed as the most beautiful of all skin colors.

• Eh, different strokes for different folks is how I see it. People can like whatever they want to like. It just sucks when us Asian dudes are kinda left twiddling our fingers hoping someone would like us for who we are. White people can usually assume the desired gender will like them simply because of their skin color.

• That's the funny part. When they are shocked to see not everyone feels this way. It's priceless XD

• I'm a white girl, and think darker skin is better. People look healthier with a tan, better protection from the sun. Plus it's so beautiful, and should be appreciated more. ^-^

• It should be.. but it's not lol. WIth that said, I've attracted to some super pale girls.

• Tan skin is nice when its natural. When you tan all it does is damage your skin

• The reason why is because you probably live in America where the majority of shows and the majority of things are controled by white people since they are the most numerous of any race. some people think that Mexicans are going to be the new majority with all the babies they are having but that is simply not true. a lot of white families still have 3 to 4 babies per family.

• I'm not going to lie and say I don't find white women absolutely beautiful, but I feel like they definitely have the upper hand in the dating world simply because of their skin color.

What Guys Said 15

• They are indeed attractive but I have proof they are not the only one.
    media.santabanta.com/.../tamanna-bhatia-34-h.jpg

images.mid-day.com/.../24-Varun-Dhawan.jpg
    www.apnatimepass.com/...a-kapoor-cute-photos-3.jpg
    YES these are south Asians who are treated as one of the most unattractive people in America.
    Hot people are available in every race. Because whites are majority, everyone feels they are most attractive.

• I didn't say that white women are the only attractive women. I'm just wondering as to what everyone's thoughts are as to why they're perceived as such a desirable skin color.

• White mass media for the last time. Without technology people would still be isolated tribes and countries.

• Okay bro... i understand your point of view.
      @dominiquois
      Agreed

• I'm surrounded mostly by white people every day. In Hungary, people of any other color are a minority, and if you have a darker but not black complexion then they assume you're a gypsy, and there are a lot of precautions when you're interacting with them. But this is a country-specific thing.

Still, mostly I'm exposed to white people every day, they're what I'm used to, they're what I find attractive - and to top that, I even have a pale skin preference and I'm not even sure where that came from. The paler someone is, the more attractive I find them, and I don't even like tans.

That's just how my preference is, I didn't choose it.

• No, I don't think they are at all. White people are just as capable of beauty or ugliness as any other group of people on this planet. And that's not just based on looks alone, either.

• I understand what you're saying but you can not deny that white folks got it real good when it comes to the dating game here in the States.

• I guess there could be some truth to that. I don't know for sure though either way; I'd have to see some sort of evidence to prove it, otherwise we're just relying on anecdotal evidence of what some GaGers think.

Anyway I will say this: if I knew a girl was into me simply because *I* am Caucasian, that'd be a major turnoff for me.

• No I don't think they are. One funny thing though is that white people try getting tans to become a little darker while darker people try becoming lighter. I don't know why I said that. It was pretty irrelevant.

• Not at all. It is ironic.

• I don't know Dom. I think most white folks are pretty damn happy that they're white lol.

• Hahahaha!!

• I don't know about that but I think reason people think this because white people are the majority I mean if you look at all the all the celebrity males Zach Efron, Channing Tatum, Tom Cruise all pretty white boys but I think with girls guys seem to be attracted to either white girls or Latinas it comes do how society views if whites are the majority then most will assume that they are the most attractive if Blacks were the majority or Latinos then people would probably think the same thing.

• It would be interesting to see for sure. White people aren't the majority when you're no considering the states though.

• There is no most attractive race.

• What other race is seen as a status symbol besides white people? I want to believe there is no "most attractive race" but in the states, that is simply not true. White people are held in very high regard when it comes to attraction here in the United States.

• Not for everyone. Besides the maority is white so they're going to be attracted to their own kind most just like I'm attracted to Native American men most. there's no wrong in either but one is not better than the other just different.

• i agreed

• The girls on here are clearly lying. You should have this a poll and seen the results. You'd get a different story.

• Not for me.

• @dominiquois I don't know what you're talking about now hahahaah. I'm saying your preference for Native Americans is no different than their preference for whites to me.

• @red_dragon: oh, hahaha.
      Well, Asians are great so don't sweat it. Just be your sexy selves.

• In fact male Caucasians are one of the ugliest races

• No, there are some lookers for sure.

• actually it means jerk

• I thought it meant "asshole" in a playful way lol. Like a term of endearment among friends. My Greek buddies say it all the time to me and their Greek friends.

• Only those who craved for the white pickles are and that seems to be alot. If u had posted a poll question, i believe the "Yes" will be fully at 100% huehue.

• These cuties are a bic phat liar dont believe them. Its do were not offended by them and to make us feel better ;P

• @dominiquois ima climb trees instead of walls and holla @ cha but not the wall to ur bed >.>
      than we'll go do it like "Ayeeee"
      Right baby baby dominique :*

• @keyspirits: hehe ^_^ Such a charmer.

• Not sure if we're "the most attractive" and if a girl told me i am "attractive because of my skin color" i would cringe in embarrassment.

• Yes, because that's a weird thing to say no matter what skin color you are. Seriously.

• Crayven... lol.

• Oh ok haha. Sorry.

• MEDIA is not a small factor, if i grew up in a black or Asian family/world i would find them the most attractive, however hollywood has followers from around the globe.. now wouldn't find white folks attractive?

• I'm Asian and grew up in an Asian family. I DID find Asian girls the most attractive until an experience I had when trying to approach one. I'm not saying it's wrong to find white people attractive, I'm simply asking to why they are the most desired.

• There is beauty in every race.

• Well have you SEEN those girls from Scandinavia?

• Considering all of the "do white guys like ____ women?" Questions on here, I'd say yes.

• I'm basing this question on my general experience, not GaG.

• Depends where you live.

• Wow, so if you take away the questions that are actually from trolls , that mean the females population is quite smaller than we think!!! *gasp*

• I'm going to be honest
    First of all, since our color is white and hair usually dark gives us contrast! Than, if our eyes are blue or green, it are a lot more interesting. Also our voices are more simplified, not so brutal like American Black voices usually are. And thats it... It's a mainstream standard of beauty as you say.
    I am not racist, I don't think we are superior to other races, I think that its easier to find physical beauty in a white person. But there are a lot of other race people who beautiful

• We are all racist. I think white people may have more varied features which may attribute as to why they're held in such high regard.

• Yes, just look at who owns it.

• I don't know